Pre-Game Talk: Game 32 - 7:07 PM - Damn Devils again - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Better that the streak ends, it would leave a bad taste to be that team, I know because the B’s were close.

Well.....unfortunately Philly has tied it up. Buffalo iced the puck with about a minute and
a half to go and Philly scored. Headin' to overtime now.

Reactions: HustleB

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I am really struggling with whether I want to watch another Bruins-Devils meh fest. Okay, who am I kidding, I am going to watch it, but I am not looking forward to it. I might need to have a good book handy.

Like others, my routine changed in the pandemic. I appreciate the sacrifices the players go through to entertain us, and at first the slight bit of normalcy was a godsend.

Being in a different time zone I watch all the games on delay; and I go to measures to not know the outcome.

However, watching some of these games has begun to feel like a chore. Yesterday I had a lot going on, but I did watch the game. Aside from the loss, it just wasn't entertaining.

So tomorrow I'm contemplating seeing the score before watching. If it's another 1-0 snoozefest, I may skip it.

If that makes me a bad fan, so be it. But I could've used those 2 hours back after yesterday's debacle.;)

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
When the dust settles a couple of months from now Bruins will be right in the mix and playing as well as Pittsburgh, Washington and New York . Last year was fun rolling over everybody in the regular season but look how it ended . I’m confident Cassidy can turn things around. I work 3-11 and it seems like forever since I’ve been off and able to watch a Bruins game live but I’m off for 3 . I need a convincing Bruins win tomorrow and a 3 game winning streak to feel complete.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
When the dust settles a couple of months from now Bruins will be right in the mix and playing as well as Pittsburgh, Washington and New York . Last year was fun rolling over everybody in the regular season but look how it ended . I’m confident Cassidy can turn things around. I work 3-11 and it seems like forever since I’ve been off and able to watch a Bruins game live but I’m off for 3 . I need a convincing Bruins win tomorrow and a 3 game winning streak to feel complete.
Love the optimism. I am with you.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

I really wish he's knock it off with the way he spells Wagner. Kevin, not everyone from Boston has an accent. It is time to let that stereotype die.

Amen! The puns, jokes and spellings are just not humous anymore. I remember when I left Boston for college in the late 80s and every swinging moron would ask me to say “park the car” because then I did have a heavy accent but it got old quick. Most of the time when the jokes are used, it makes us sound like idiots and white trash.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Amen! The puns, jokes and spellings are just not humous anymore. I remember when I left Boston for college in the late 80s and every swinging moron would ask me to say “park the car” because then I did have a heavy accent but it got old quick. Most of the time when the jokes are used, it makes us sound like idiots and white trash.
The whole accent thing gets on my nerves so much and probably more than it should.

What got me was that his whole tweet spells everyone else’s name right and then you get to Wags and he tries to be cute which is unacceptable and unprofessional.

It also draws people in to go after Wagner even more than they already are. I get he’s not playing well and deserves criticism but at least have the decency to spell his name right.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I thought this whole "divisional" thing was going to be interesting, but frankly it stinks. I cannot get up for ANOTHER Devils/Islanders/Caps vs. Bruins game.

Same thing up here in Canada. I find myself very rarely watching any of the North Division games as it's the same match-ups over and over. Hardly even watch Sportscenter now unless I miss a B's game to catch the highlights.

I know the league is doing whatever it can so I'm not complaining, just that I thought this set-up would be really good and it's been the opposite.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Give Lauko a shot with the squad. With Jake out they need a left winger with speed and some kahunas and a scoring touch. Pretty sure he will not pass up on an empty net.

This time do not wait till the last minute to force plays at the crease. It was 59 minutes of wasted opportunities and too much fancy passing. Goaltending has been very good this year, time to get some creative players in here.

Flying Whales

Mar 28, 2021
The whole accent thing gets on my nerves so much and probably more than it should.

What got me was that his whole tweet spells everyone else’s name right and then you get to Wags and he tries to be cute which is unacceptable and unprofessional.

It also draws people in to go after Wagner even more than they already are. I get he’s not playing well and deserves criticism but at least have the decency to spell his name right.
It's just as bad as people thinking all Canadians say "eh". I've personally never come across anyone that sounds like how Americans portray Canadians.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I thought this whole "divisional" thing was going to be interesting, but frankly it stinks. I cannot get up for ANOTHER Devils/Islanders/Caps vs. Bruins game.

Same thing up here in Canada. I find myself very rarely watching any of the North Division games as it's the same match-ups over and over. Hardly even watch Sportscenter now unless I miss a B's game to catch the highlights.

I know the league is doing whatever it can so I'm not complaining, just that I thought this set-up would be really good and it's been the opposite.

Maybe I'm just getting old.
Maybe the playoffs will be different . A Leafs - Canadians first round would be intense and I assume every TV in Canada would have it on . But yeah , this format got old pretty quickly. For the last few years I had been watching other games besides the Bruins ( when I normally didn’t ) but now I just watch the Bruins and that is becoming a chore .

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe the playoffs will be different . A Leafs - Canadians first round would be intense and I assume every TV in Canada would have it on . But yeah , this format got old pretty quickly. For the last few years I had been watching other games besides the Bruins ( when I normally didn’t ) but now I just watch the Bruins and that is becoming a chore .

That's what I'm hoping for. You're right it would be intense and interest up here in Canada would be insanely high.

Watching those two ^%$$ teams beat the crap out of each other would be glorious.

Every year I find myself watching less and less "non-Bruins" games. It's funny up here Sportsnet give me a pretty steady diet of Bruins games, so I see roughly half, so I didn't feel compelled to shell out for NHL Gamecenter or whatever it's called now.

But on the flip side, they air so many NHL games now throughout the week that it's that whole law of diminishing returns. Now an NHL game on TV doesn't feel special at all anymore, just another night at home. So I find myself watching less and less.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Bruins lose tonight and come Wednesday evening will be sitting outside of a playoff spot after Philly beats Buffalo again. If this dosen't inspire them to come out flying tonight I'm not sure what will.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bruins lose tonight and come Wednesday evening will be sitting outside of a playoff spot after Philly beats Buffalo again. If this dosen't inspire them to come out flying tonight I'm not sure what will.

I'd say some players are not even aware of that.

Don't think the one's that do know are going to be inspired by it.

And with 3 games in hand, its not really true anyway.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
That's what I'm hoping for. You're right it would be intense and interest up here in Canada would be insanely high.

Watching those two ^%$$ teams beat the crap out of each other would be glorious.

Every year I find myself watching less and less "non-Bruins" games. It's funny up here Sportsnet give me a pretty steady diet of Bruins games, so I see roughly half, so I didn't feel compelled to shell out for NHL Gamecenter or whatever it's called now.

But on the flip side, they air so many NHL games now throughout the week that it's that whole law of diminishing returns. Now an NHL game on TV doesn't feel special at all anymore, just another night at home. So I find myself watching less and less.
Yeah , a lot of Bruins games on Sportsnet . I always go with NHL tv though . I work 3-11 and can usually watch about a period and a half on my tablet on my break and downtime . It’s good as I don’t have to watch an entire game when I get home at 11 .

Reactions: BruinDust

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Can someone find out what hotel the Devils are staying at and send 'pizza' to Subban, Blackwood and Wood...so they can um...not feel so well tonight!

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad