Pre-Game Talk: Game 32 - 7:07 PM - Damn Devils again - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Not sure anyone here requires the absence of Marchand to figure out the "holes" this team require filling

I`ll be skipping this one, enough of punishing myself for a while, my dog sleeping and snoring is more entertaining than watching this team play
Not a requirement, but it surely puts the team issues under a microscope when someone else needs to step up and can’t.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

Wow, that's pretty much a healthy squad! Love to see it!

I'm very interested in Frederic at center. Great that they're willing to try, but also concerning that Studnicka can't seem to stick in the lineup. I've never thought he has the super high ceiling that some others do, and this certainly doesn't help his case. Plenty of time to still develop, though.

This is also good, because now Don can fully see what he has and what he needs to add, so that excuse is out the window!

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
If they can play the whole game like they did the last minute of last game, we'll be in good shape. I don't have high hopes for this one, though. I'm pretty down on this team. I've tried to stay positive, but I don't remember goal scoring troubles this bad since the 09-10 season, where we only had one player eclipse 20 goals (Sturm).
Following up on my comment here, as I wasn't far off with my worst goal scoring season since 09-10 statement:

Top 3 seasons in GF/G since 2009:
17-18: 3.26
19-20: 3.24
11-12: 3.17

Bottom 3 seasons in GF/G since 2009:
20-21: 2.61
14-15: 2.55
09-10: 2.39

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Brandon Carlo, Brad Marchand to return to Bruins lineup vs. Devils on Tuesday - The Boston Globe

The Bruins got back two important pieces of their lineup on Tuesday, with the return of Brad Marchand and Brandon Carlo.
Carlo, making his first public comments since a Tom Wilson check to head sent him to the hospital on March 5, took the high road in assessing the play. The Capitals’ Wilson, who has since returned, was suspended for seven games and fined more than $300,000.
“In that situation, I don’t mind if he hits me,” said Carlo, who was engaged in a battle in the corner as Wilson came steamrolling in to finish him against the glass. “Just get more of my body.”

Marchand, who missed three days over two games after testing positive for COVID-19 on Saturday, said he submitted a false positive. He tested negative three times on Sunday.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

The forwards are still a disaster but that defense is refreshing. Clifton and Zboril where they belong on the 3rd pair. Clifton needs to play a low excitement style (physical of course) for them to avoid hurting the Bruins. Top 4 back to a respectable level that can play physical and move the puck.

I think the 2nd and 3rd lines will not score but perhaps they do not hurt us either. The 4th line, if Blidh plays well, might be the best 4th line we've had this season with no Kuraly and Wagner.

It may be a 1-2 goals for game, but if Halak can make the saves it should be a win.

Reactions: TobanWest

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Following up on my comment here, as I wasn't far off with my worst goal scoring season since 09-10 statement:

Top 3 seasons in GF/G since 2009:
17-18: 3.26
19-20: 3.24
11-12: 3.17

Bottom 3 seasons in GF/G since 2009:
20-21: 2.61
14-15: 2.55
09-10: 2.39

A glaring detail is NHL scoring is at a very elevated level this era, and the Bruins being so poor offensively is horrifying.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Please don't get shut out for the 3rd time in a row against the Devils.

Hat tricks of shutouts are depressing.

Bruins have been an under team in 9 of their last 10 games, ouch.

Reactions: bbfan419

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
I will start with asking for a 5v5 goal, then move to playing 60 mins against a team that has but shouldn't have owned you, then moving to a win.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Please don't get shut out for the 3rd time in a row against the Devils.

Hat tricks of shutouts are depressing.

Bruins have been an under team in 9 of their last 10 games, ouch.

They've scored 2 goals or less in 15 of 31 games (48% of their games).

They've scored 3 goals or less in 21 out of 31 games (67% 0f their games).

So really they can expect to score 4 goals or more in one game out of every three.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Brandon Carlo, Brad Marchand to return to Bruins lineup vs. Devils on Tuesday - The Boston Globe

The Bruins got back two important pieces of their lineup on Tuesday, with the return of Brad Marchand and Brandon Carlo.
Carlo, making his first public comments since a Tom Wilson check to head sent him to the hospital on March 5, took the high road in assessing the play. The Capitals’ Wilson, who has since returned, was suspended for seven games and fined more than $300,000.
“In that situation, I don’t mind if he hits me,” said Carlo, who was engaged in a battle in the corner as Wilson came steamrolling in to finish him against the glass. “Just get more of my body.”

Marchand, who missed three days over two games after testing positive for COVID-19 on Saturday, said he submitted a false positive. He tested negative three times on Sunday.

So why was he still on the Covid list on Monday?

Great that he’s back. Same for Carlo.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
They've scored 2 goals or less in 15 of 31 games (48% of their games).

They've scored 3 goals or less in 21 out of 31 games (67% 0f their games).

So really they can expect to score 4 goals or more in one game out of every three.

I beleive they don't have a 5 on 5 goal vs the Devils so far this year.

Reactions: BruinDust

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

Competition for these spots is increasing. Bring in a solid 2nd line wing and a 3rd line vet and every player that gets into the lineup will fully earn it. For me the third line vet should have the flexibility to play center, right now, I don't think Kuraly, Studnicka or McKegg should be handed a spot, and at this juncture I prefer Frederic on the wing. Now is the time to make a move or two. This team does have what it needs to be a contender, but there is work to do.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - David Pastrnak
Nick Ritchie - David Krejci - Craig Smith
Anders Bjork - Charlie Coyle - Zach Senyshyn
Anton Blush - Trent Frederic - Karson Kuhlman
On defense, it looks the like BU Pair of Matt Grzelcyk and Charlie McAvoy will break up with Carlo's return.
Jeremy Lauzon - Charlie McAvoy
Matt Grzelcyk - Brandon Carlo
Jakub Zboril - Connor Clifton
See ya tonight!

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
We're the same age.

I retired September 1, 2019. Its a wonderful thing. Go for it.

Of course, the fact that I'm lazy as sin is a big factor in my love of retirement.
Absolutely...got 'retired' in 2008...now I'm sleeping in and catching up on movies and books I've never seen or read....can travel when and where I want....

and watching as much hockey as I want...GO BRUINS!!!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Ugggghhh what a miserable day.

Bruins, please don't make it worse by losing to these guys.... Again.....

I NEED COOKIES

3o6Zt4QBlckXiUIfO8.gif

Attachments

• 3o6Zt4QBlckXiUIfO8.gif
    3o6Zt4QBlckXiUIfO8.gif
    167.9 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad