GDT: Game # 31 Rangers vs Buffalo - 7pm EST - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Would also be nice if the PP gets cookin.

With Mika "back" I feel like this is the next step he needs to take coming back into himself. Would like to see the patented Zib one-timer hit the back of the net.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Sabres are down. We gotta keep them that way.
tenor (17).gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If it's a plumber they want with Panarin and Strome I'd like to see PDG in that spot when he's off Covid.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Games like these where the match ups are easier, you need the kids to break through.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
I expect a good game from the boys in blue. Literally the boys. This is the type of situation where the guys who have something to prove need to step it up. The kids need to drive the net like their spinal column is disjointed from the brain. Just drive the damned net. Sort of the way Lemieux goes through life. That guy is the poster boy for how to play this game. The top guys get to chill. This one is on the kids.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
My only hope for tonight is the coaching staff doesn’t lose the kid line on the bench. How that continues to happen is mind boggling

It's really not.

They don't get any PK time and they aren't on PP1, so they don't get much PP time. The last game, Kakko played 1:16 on the PP and Chytil played :33 on the PP. We were on either the PP or PK for 14 minutes. That's nearly 1/4 of the game in which they hardly played. Then there's other stuff like TV time outs where one of the top 2 lines is going to start after the break, the coaches wanting to avoid certain matchups, and wanting certain lines depending on where the faceoff is.

It's very easy for players who don't play in all situations to end up with very little ice time, especially when you have a substitute coaching staff that is probably leaning on the vets more than Quinn and company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad