Apr 7, 2007
SJ
God forbid any of us put blame on Bryz for a game

900x900px-LL-80669158_funny-gif-no-no-no-Jason-Bateman.gif

HartsyMania

What, me worry?
May 14, 2010
Pennsylvania
no its not, a real flyer fan this year wants no more points. we suck and are not making the playoffs so any point only hurts our draft position.

You DO realize a high draft pick isn't 100% certainty of winning in the future, and that the odds are against a #1 pick this year, right?

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
ok man. whatever.

:facepalm:

This team can't even win 3 games in a row. What makes you think even if they did by some miracle make the playoffs, that they'd do any damage? Their better off with a top 5 pick. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to improve your team.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
You DO realize a high draft pick isn't 100% certainty of winning in the future, and that the odds are against a #1 pick this year, right?

He said "high" draft pick, not #1, and while a high draft pick is no guarantee of success, it certainly does not hurt your chances, right?

How are the Flyers better served by finishing, say, 9th in the East?

Yukon Cornelius*

Great 3rd period. There was a 8-9 min stretch there where they played their best defensive hockey all season.

What are you gonna' do? You could set your watch to these late 5-3 PP awarded to Pittsburgh at home.

Bad break for Simmonds, weak call in my opinion on an overtly aggressive forecheck.

All this possible Yotes trade talk has got me excited. Excellent trade partners. I'd be happier than a pig in poop if Yandle was coming here.

Last edited by a moderator:

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

I'm not blaming Bryz tonight, not even in the slightest. He was outstanding tonight

My point was that the second anyone puts blame on Bryz, BP74 defends him to no end with his usual speel blaming the team collectively, and not Bryz. Yet tonight he immediately blames Simmonds for the entire game.

I can't be the only one who sees the irony.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

What has this team shown you this year that they can possibly compete in the playoffs? This draft has numerous talented players that can help us in the future, and when you look at how this team is built it is for the future. If we were concerend about making the playoffs now or trying to win it this year we would be jettisoning off all our picks and prospects.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Why cheer for your team to lose, regardless of the draft? It's ridiculous.

Why cheer for your team to miss the playoffs by less?

Anyway, my main concern isn't so much that the team gets a poorer pick--it is that a modest step in the right direct might lead the front office to make a massively dumb trade out of desperation. A win makes such a development more likely, IMO.

You can be invested in the future of a team, as well as its present, without forfeiting your stature as a fan.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Why cheer for your team to miss the playoffs by less?

Anyway, my main concern isn't so much that the team gets a poorer pick--it is that a modest step in the right direct might lead the front office to make a massively dumb trade out of desperation. A win makes such a development more likely, IMO.

You can be invested in the future of a team, as well as its present, without forfeiting your stature as a fan.

Yeah, but when someone basically calls you an idiot for not wanting your team to go 0-18 to finish the season is a bit of a stretch.

ayshplaysh

Jul 2, 2011
One good thing we can take away from this is Bryz played very well, the long break clearly helped him, hopefully he can get some rest and Lavi won't be afraid to start Leighton every couple of games now, we're really to the point of not contending for the playoffs so there isn't a whole lot of reason to keep overworking Bryz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad