GDT: Game 31 - CBJ at PIT - 12 Dec, 7pm

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
People may not want to agree or admit it but this locker room misses Dubinsky a lot. I’m seeing zero veteran leadership on the ice and I’m staring directly at the guys who wear letters.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The negativity takes its toll.

Anything CBJ positive is quickly shot down and its ridiculous.

Here’s what takes its toll.

Alignments, real or imagined. The notion that fandom or participation in this kind of forum is binary. Right or wrong. Us and them. Fire or fanboy.

You’re right that there is negativity. I agree it’s tedious at times. But not because I necessarily disagree, at least, obviously, IMO.

It’s because the same discussion is being held in every thread, and because very little new is being said. Some of that is without question a function of the team’s performance. But it seems to have trapped us.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
'I'm embarrassed for the organization': Blue Jackets' hope...

One day later, Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella was still at a loss to explain his club’s mail-it-in performance in a 1-0 overtime loss to Metro rival Pittsburgh on Thursday.
But it marked a low-point in his four-plus years as a coach in Columbus, he said.
“I just don’t know what to say to you about it,” Tortorella said. “I’m not trying to be an ass, I just don’t know what to say about the game. We should be embarrassed.
“It’s the most embarrassed I’ve been for our organization. This isn’t just about players, this is about an organization. I’m embarrassed for the organization.”
Against a depleted Penguins lineup — they had $31.7 million in salary out because of injury or illness — the Jackets generated a season-low 17 shots on goal and were shutout for the third time this season.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
reading between the lines, sounds like a pretty harsh indictment of the roster that Dear Jarmo has put together for Torts to have to deal with.

Unless I missed a team, the CBJ leading scorer (Nyquist with 19 points) is the lowest leading scorer of any NHL team.

Anthony Duclair has 22 points-which would lead the CBJ. He has 15 goals-which would lead the CBJ. So glad that Jarmo GAVE Ottawa 2 2nd round picks to take a player who couldn't be a good fit on the CBJ.

This roster is a disaster.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
I am not really objective as Texier is the reason why I am watching CBJ games. Not that he deserves it, but I am french and we have not had such a big hope in ice hockey since a long time. Of course I could also watch Bellemare in Colorado, (the Avs play pretty well but I end up focusing more on Makar than Bellemare), or Roussel with the Canucks, but no, I stick with CBJ.

With this Texier-orientated views, here are my impressions. I'd be happy to hear what you think.
- So good to see Texier aligned, sometimes, as center. I find him much better in this position. And happy that unlike at the beginning of the season, rookies are not benched in the 3rd period anymore.
- Texier is NEVER in the special teams. I don't think he would be good in PK, but in PP he could bring a lot. Maybe more than Anderson Jenner or Atkinson.Same with 3vs3 in ET.
- I like Bjorkstrand, but he shoots all the time, and don't score much. He creates a lot of differences, but does not use his teammates enough. Can't he pass more the puck?
- I agree with some posts about Seth Jones. I find Gavrikov, Savard, Kukan safer. How many turnovers did Jones (or Werenski) produce (I don't know what the stats tell, so I may be completely wrong) ?
- I dream of a line Milano-Texier-Bemström. I am not a fan of Atkinson, but Texier and Cam seem to play better together. No chance they can compare to McDavid- Draisaitl though
- I'd like more creativity, complicity in the lines. Time is needed for that, but also the possibility to take more risk in the offense.
- What is interesting with Texier, like Milano and also Nyquist, is that he's trying to create some play. Not only sticking to the wall, but finding partners in the middle of the ice. Sometimes it creates a turnover, but at least it is not just launch the puck in the offensive zone and try to get it back somehow.
- However, Texier lacks a bit of strength, and unlike Milano, he does not dare enough, or maybe he's not explosive enough.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I am not really objective as Texier is the reason why I am watching CBJ games. Not that he deserves it, but I am french and we have not had such a big hope in ice hockey since a long time. Of course I could also watch Bellemare in Colorado, (the Avs play pretty well but I end up focusing more on Makar than Bellemare), or Roussel with the Canucks, but no, I stick with CBJ.

With this Texier-orientated views, here are my impressions. I'd be happy to hear what you think.
- So good to see Texier aligned, sometimes, as center. I find him much better in this position. And happy that unlike at the beginning of the season, rookies are not benched in the 3rd period anymore.
- Texier is NEVER in the special teams. I don't think he would be good in PK, but in PP he could bring a lot. Maybe more than Anderson Jenner or Atkinson.Same with 3vs3 in ET.
- I like Bjorkstrand, but he shoots all the time, and don't score much. He creates a lot of differences, but does not use his teammates enough. Can't he pass more the puck?
- I agree with some posts about Seth Jones. I find Gavrikov, Savard, Kukan safer. How many turnovers did Jones (or Werenski) produce (I don't know what the stats tell, so I may be completely wrong) ?
- I dream of a line Milano-Texier-Bemström. I am not a fan of Atkinson, but Texier and Cam seem to play better together. No chance they can compare to McDavid- Draisaitl though
- I'd like more creativity, complicity in the lines. Time is needed for that, but also the possibility to take more risk in the offense.
- What is interesting with Texier, like Milano and also Nyquist, is that he's trying to create some play. Not only sticking to the wall, but finding partners in the middle of the ice. Sometimes it creates a turnover, but at least it is not just launch the puck in the offensive zone and try to get it back somehow.
- However, Texier lacks a bit of strength, and unlike Milano, he does not dare enough, or maybe he's not explosive enough.

Good stuff.

Some of the answers to your questions could be revealed with more watching but in many cases you are spot on.

I am not French but I was very excited for Texier coming into this season. It hasn’t been a disaster but it hasn’t been as good as anyone, Tex himself probably included, would have liked.

Reactions: tchigo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad