GDT: Game 31 - CBJ at PIT - 12 Dec, 7pm

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
If we don’t care about the results let’s at least play exciting, not grinding boring 1 goal games
We don’t have the talent to play any other way than the way we are playing. We are incapable of playing exciting, offensive hockey.

Reactions: EspenK

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I know Anderson, Atkinson, Wennberg, and others have been the primary whipping boys due to lack of production, and well deserved, but I am also very disappointed in seth Jones. While he doesn’t belong in this tier list of disappointing players, we expected him to be able to challenge for the Norris, and he hasn’t even been the best defenseman on the team let alone the NHL.

The only; and I mean the only, bright spot to this point in the year is Korpisalo. We knew our D was pretty good coming into the year, so at least that was semi on point. But my goodness this season is such a chore. They just refuse to play consistently, and this isn’t just a this year issue.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I know Anderson, Atkinson, Wennberg, and others have been the primary whipping boys due to lack of production, and well deserved, but I am also very disappointed in seth Jones. While he doesn’t belong in this tier list of disappointing players, we expected him to be able to challenge for the Norris, and he hasn’t even been the best defenseman on the team let alone the NHL.

The only; and I mean the only, bright spot to this point in the year is Korpisalo. We knew our D was pretty good coming into the year, so at least that was semi on point. But my goodness this season is such a chore. They just refuse to play consistently, and this isn’t just a this year issue.
Gavrikov too

Reactions: Fro

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

[Whispers]Take away his OT goals and he really wasn’t that great last year as well.[/Whispers]

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Thought the team played pretty well, just couldn't bury the few chances they had.

Korpisalo is establishing himself as a starting NHL goalie, awesome to see.

No quick fix here guys, team is simply offensively challenged. Unless the scorers we thought we had wake up, we're doomed to a sub .500 CBJ this season.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Thought the team played pretty well, just couldn't bury the few chances they had.

Korpisalo is establishing himself as a starting NHL goalie, awesome to see.

No quick fix here guys, team is simply offensively challenged. Unless the scorers we thought we had wake up, we're doomed to a sub .500 CBJ this season.
Not sure if you’re serious? We played an AHL level offense team, yet we only had 17 shots, missed 3 breakaways and ultimately lost on a dumb penalty in OT.

I mean we had a good game by our goalie but let’s not forget they didn’t have Sid and Geno

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
A new coach hasn't helped New Jersey and they have arguably more offensive talent than we do. There may be a slight bump with a new coach, but we are what we are. This is going to be a multi year rebuild if everything goes right. Torts doesn't deserve to be fired, but I can see him retiring or resigning at seasons end.

Reactions: Toe Pick

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I agree Jones has to b included on the list of under performers.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
With Jarmo in charge & his penchant for unproven European skaters it could b a very, very, very long rebuild.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

31 shot attempts to 68 for Scranton...we blocked more shots (25) than we had shots on goal....Dumb penalty in OT to seal it...3 on 1 against in the first 10 seconds..

Only mass quantities of alcohol consumed during the game would make anyone think CBJ played “pretty well”

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
The overall effort last night was appalling. Korpi, Gavrikov and Sonny seemed to be the only players who came to play last night. Everyone else looked like they really didn't want to be there.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad