GDT: Game 31: BOLTS @ HABS | Dr. Slaf in the house! | Sat. Dec. 17th, 2022, 7 PM -- CITY, SNE, TVAS, TSN690, 98.5 FM

Will Cole Caufield score at least one goal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

One real line, one “we will force you to keep interest when he’s on the ice by playing him with 2 guys you like” line

and 2x showcase “bio/fridge/chat with the wife” lines.
ok for a saturday night.

The refusal to give Suzuki Slaf on left wing just for fun is real.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Keep Anderson with Slaf ffs
Slaf keeps saying on cam how much he likes playing with him and when asked about their chemistry building MSL looked like it was an awkward question and answerd something like “I don’t know if it’s chemistry, sometimes players have good games bla bla (or something generic)”. Literally no enthusiasm… Maybe MSL is just really alpha and hates for fans, rookies or media calling lines…

I don't see how any of these moves are insane.
Anderson played well in the past with Suzuki and Caufield. If not Dach on the top line, then Anderson makes the most sense.

Drouin has looked good on the pp. Among every player we tried on the point, he's the one who's been moving the puck the best.

A bad turnover at a 6 on 5 doesn't change that.
Make that 2 in a row to end the game, and still no goals.

I agree he is the hab best puck handler.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
RDS is certainly not an authority. They just happened to post a list that saved me from typing so I used it.

Norman Flynn is their worst pundit, for sure. His takes are horrendous, but that doesn't stop him from holding on to his job. RDS has a ton of commentators but clearly, not a whole lot of competency standards.
Lateral move at best from the days when Bergeron would show up to l’antichambre and comment games drunk without having seen them.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What did Drouin show to get a promotion poor Slaf and Dach on the pk every shift tonight

Absolutely nothing.....but at least that tell me that line will be all about offense which is a good thing for Dach and Slaf.
Drouin do have 3 points in his last 4 games but all 3 points are PP assists so it's nothing at 5-on-5.

Let's not forget that this is temporary, once Monahan is back, we should get back to the usual set-up.

Reactions: habsfan891

bov

Nov 13, 2010
First time Kucherov is in Montreal since he called out the Habs fans after winning cup. How much heat will he take?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Slaf keeps saying on cam how much he likes playing with him and when asked about their chemistry building MSL looked like it was an awkward question and answerd something like “I don’t know if it’s chemistry, sometimes players have good games bla bla (or something generic)”. Literally no enthusiasm… Maybe MSL is just really alpha and hates for fans, rookies or media calling lines…

He’s not wrong, Anderson doesn’t have chemistry with anyone. Most of the time he’s just there causing chaos once in a while keeping the puck in the zone but losing it most of the time and sometimes the players who plays with him can do something, but Anderson is pretty individualistic.

Reactions: Naslundforever

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
First time Kucherov is in Montreal since he called out the Habs fans after winning cup. How much heat will he take?
It really seemed to get to him that the Montreal fans celebrated more for a single win than the Tampa fans did for winning the cup:laugh:

Reactions: Walrus26

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It really seemed to get to him that the Montreal fans celebrated more for a single win than the Tampa fans did for winning the cup:laugh:
It got to the Habs fans, that's for sure. For some reason, I think he's fine with the way things worked out.

Could be a nice little storyline for tonight's game though, wouldn't shock me if he gets roughed up a bit.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
It got to the Habs fans, that's for sure. For some reason, I think he's fine with the way things worked out.

Could be a nice little storyline for tonight's game though, wouldn't shock me if he gets roughed up a bit.
I'm sure he'll get some boos from the fans but I don't expect anyone on the team will be looking to rough him up though.
There's not many players left on the team from that 2021 roster, and those that are left aren't exactly physical players.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I don't think he is as focused on a "development season" as many think. He could be grooming a kid like Guhle to play the point on the 2nd wave.
Slaf didn't deserve sitting the entire 3rd.
i didn't see the press conference after the game. Did he explain why the sitting during the 3rd ? until now i like how he slowly manages the ice time and the role his young players.See the line of Slaf tonight, it's a lot better than what he got at the start of the season

Reactions: Tyson

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
30 games played and still zero stability in our lines.

Other than Caufield-Suzuki, all the other names are picked out of a hat. Good team!

Too much time was wasted trying to find a spot for Dadonov and Drouin in the middle 6. It took Marty's like 20 games to do the obvious and then injuries started.

2nd line was fine with Monahan/Slaf/Anderson and then Monahan went down.

Dvorak/Hoffman/Gallagher surprisingly did well then both wingers got hurt.

The 4th line is always dragged down by 1 or 2 boat anchor.

Bottom line it's on Kent for keeping the deadwood, possibly by design to secure a good pick.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
two young D who should be learning the NHL PP game
This slays me and has done so from the outset this year. What bothers me is the Kids merit the chance to show what they can do and given our dead last or close to dead last PP it's TROLLING in it's basic form. :sarcasm: I guess it's too much work for Burrows to restructure a PP using tandem breakouts with the D carry the play initially.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Matheson has 6 pts in 9 games quietly lol
It's not that he's a huge problem, the problem is when you have both Matheson and Edmundson in the line up, it just doesn't work

Curious to see that 2nd line tho wow

Jul 6, 2016
Too much time was wasted trying to find a spot for Dadonov and Drouin in the middle 6. It took Marty's like 20 games to do the obvious and then injuries started.

2nd line was fine with Monahan/Slaf/Anderson and then Monahan went down.

Dvorak/Hoffman/Gallagher surprisingly did well then both wingers got hurt.

The 4th line is always dragged down by 1 or 2 boat anchor.

Bottom line it's on Kent for keeping the deadwood, possibly by design to secure a good pick.
He has not much choice. Nobody wants them.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Matheson has 6 pts in 9 games quietly lol
It's not that he's a huge problem, the problem is when you have both Matheson and Edmundson in the line up, it just doesn't work

Curious to see that 2nd line tho wow
I'd rather see Evan's with Slaf and Dach, but hopefully Drouin won't totally suck, and even have one of his moments of brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad