GDT: Game 31: BOLTS @ HABS | Dr. Slaf in the house! | Sat. Dec. 17th, 2022, 7 PM -- CITY, SNE, TVAS, TSN690, 98.5 FM

Will Cole Caufield score at least one goal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Not sure why MSL keeps validating the definition of insanity...keeps putting Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield.
I am sure Drouin will play the point on the PP and 5 forwards will be used.

I wonder when Slaf will get benched.

I don't see how any of these moves are insane.
Anderson played well in the past with Suzuki and Caufield. If not Dach on the top line, then Anderson makes the most sense.

Drouin has looked good on the pp. Among every player we tried on the point, he's the one who's been moving the puck the best.

A bad turnover at a 6 on 5 doesn't change that.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Not sure why MSL keeps validating the definition of insanity...keeps putting Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield.

MSL keeps putting Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield because it's a development season. Dach is good with them, but the Habs got him to play center on the second line. He 's there to play with Slaf to eventually get a solid 2nd line that can produce. I even see a fit with Drouin that can do very good passes

Reactions: Naslundforever

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Some headscratchers for sure.

It appeared that Anderson was working well with Slaf -- that combo could have been tried for a longer period before changing it.

Since Drouin is not part of the future, I'd much rather see PP time going to players who are likely to be here next year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MSL keeps putting Anderson with Suzuki and Caufield because it's a development season. Dach is good with them, but the Habs got him to play center on the second line. He 's there to play with Slaf to eventually get a solid 2nd line that can produce. I even see a fit with Drouin that can do very good passes
I don't think he is as focused on a "development season" as many think. He could be grooming a kid like Guhle to play the point on the 2nd wave.
Slaf didn't deserve sitting the entire 3rd.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let’s hope Sergachev doesn’t play. This match could easily put him above a PPG D at barely 24 years old… with 2 cup wins.
I saw that he won't be in the lineup tonight on account of injury.

Reactions: cphabs

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I don't think he is as focused on a "development season" as many think. He could be grooming a kid like Guhle to play the point on the 2nd wave.
Then he’ll have to cut him some minutes 5 vs 5 because he’ll play too much for a kid his age.

Reactions: Naslundforever

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

There's two options :

1) MSL is not a very good coach. Doesn't mean he's no the right guy for a rebuild i'd rather have him than a dinosaur.
2) MSL is hands in hands with KH and they are showing the vets hoping to be able to trade some of them and free some sap space to sign better ones on the the UFA market of 2023 and 2024.

Only time will tell which one it is. While option 1 is more likely I don't think option 2 should be discarded.

Last edited:

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Expecting a blowout as it's the first real team that the Habs will be playing in a long time.

That said.

Also expecting the Habs to actually play a good game.

🤔un
Watch them play out of their minds tonight Matheson will run the titanic who knows maybe an off night for Tampa.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"Selon nos experts" loses all meaning when you realize they're including this guy:

th-jpeg-38.jpg

Still, I stand in awe at their capacity at decyphering the complex web of stats to unearth the passengers on the habs. Thank you RDS, I could never have figured this out on my own. Thank god you have hockey experts.
RDS is certainly not an authority. They just happened to post a list that saved me from typing so I used it.

Norman Flynn is their worst pundit, for sure. His takes are horrendous, but that doesn't stop him from holding on to his job. RDS has a ton of commentators but clearly, not a whole lot of competency standards.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Poor Harris and that 4th line...ugh
Harris is going to have to really be on tonight.

I feel like Dach is just going through the motions at times? Then shows flashes of greatness, Could the old Chicago Dach be returning?

Reactions: Tyson

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

The team leader in point are Suzuki, Caufield, Dach.
The team leader in point on defense are Guhle and Harris.
Even Slafkovsky with 5 points in 8 games in December is 3rd on the team this month.

This is part 1 of MSL's job, to develop our prospect.....this is something we haven't seen in forever in Montreal.
But that's not the only thing he needs to do.

Now some people are talking about trading Edmundson for a 1st, lots of interest in Anderson, Monahan.
Maybe Hoffman, Dvorak.......a 7th round pick is still better than nothing for Drouin or Dadonov.

This is part 2 of MSL's job, creating and keeping trade value so their boss can clear the room.

Give everything to the prospect and you won't be able to trade other players.
Give everything to the vets and you won't be able to develop prospect.

You need balance....in that regards, MSL did pretty well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There's two options :

1) MSL is not a very good coach. Doesn't mean he's no the right guy for a rebuild i'd rather have him than a dinosaur.
2) MSL is hands in hands with KH and they are showing the vets hoping to be able to trade some of them and free some sap space to sign better ones.

Only time will tell which one it is. While option 1 is more likely I don't think option 2 should be discarded.
MSL doesn't have much to work with. Lots of mediocre veterans and several inexperienced players. And the organization is apparently focused on development at this time and for all we know, a lot of the lineup decisions are being influenced by upper management.

It's too early to judge MSL at this point IMHO, as he doesn't even have a full season as head coach under his belt. He's still learning on the job however, he's also taken a very hands-on approach in terms of how he manages his practices and that could bear fruit before too long.

Reactions: OldCraig71 and LaP

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

To make things different Slaf might get benched in the first and then the third.

Reactions: morhilane

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
To make things different Slaf might get benched in the first and then the third.
I think Slaf is developping fine. It might slightly affect his stats. We might be less entertained. But we’re not making the playoffs. We’ll all be happy to get that better pick

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
"Selon nos experts" loses all meaning when you realize they're including this guy:

th-jpeg-38.jpg

Still, I stand in awe at their capacity at decyphering the complex web of stats to unearth the passengers on the habs. Thank you RDS, I could never have figured this out on my own. Thank god you have hockey experts.
Thank god we have high quality analysis from a guy who’s expertise came from coaching the St-Hyacinthe Laser in the 90’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad