GDT: Game 31: BOLTS @ HABS | Dr. Slaf in the house! | Sat. Dec. 17th, 2022, 7 PM -- CITY, SNE, TVAS, TSN690, 98.5 FM

Will Cole Caufield score at least one goal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs coming off their second consecutive loss and adding to a wider losing record involving retro reverse jerseys. Several have claimed that the retro reverse jersey is cursed and some have even suggested that it ought to be burned.

4CW6OyD.gif

They finally managed to snap a 0 for 23 PP drought from the 6-games prior to Ducks game. Caufield scored two, including a PP goal. He had also scored in the prior game where the retro reverse was worn, so he's immune to any of its ill effects.

rexvEK8.gif

Slaf barely saw any playing time in the 3rd period of the Ducks game. I wonder what happened there.

As Slaf is trying to make his mark, he leaves no one indifferent. Some are not quick to judge while others, are not as patient.

One poster claimed that Slaf emitted "Balki vibes" from Perfect Strangers ...

QB4qEpA.png

oZYDrI5.gif

However, turns out that Slaf occupies a much larger role:

adceJFc.png

We found out when he issued his first diagnostic on Caufield's health, following a shot the latter had taken to the head, causing him to leave the game.

eHoBFpe.png

The last time the Habs saw a player (ex-player by then) act as a physician, he was none too kind and his assessments were purely based on spite.

cIK8ThT.png

Slaf certainly has an uphill battle, given how several Habs fans continue to believe that the Habs are unable to select a worthy player whenever they have an early first rounder in their drafts, despite a totally different management contingent at the helm. The last guy to be drafted early is still being brought up in not so flattering terms.

7MX6Z6z.gif

On the good news front, we have learned that Moneyhands has ditched his walking boot. Hopefully that means a relatively short timespan before he returns to the lineup, although you never quite know how durable Monahan might be given the challenges he's had to face in the last 4 years.

F3GzEkk.png

One thing is certain -- when Moneyhands is out of the lineup, you can immediately notice it. Not to mention the headache it causes to the head coach who has to scramble to replace him.

Hfy3KXK.gif

With the erratic play and lack of effort by some of his players, we have seen Marty lose patience time and again.

ANt5g6y.gif

oLzzafU.png

Hopefully, he won't let it get to him too much -- it's supposed to be a development year. Just focus on the process, there will be better days.

6IpcOR8.gif

LINEUPS

GHG!

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Marty evoked the presence of too many passengers in the lineup:

AC named these players:

"Selon nos experts" loses all meaning when you realize they're including this guy:

th-jpeg-38.jpg

Still, I stand in awe at their capacity at decyphering the complex web of stats to unearth the passengers on the habs. Thank you RDS, I could never have figured this out on my own. Thank god you have hockey experts.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
In a obvious rebuild year where you bench an 18 year old and play useless slugs over and over it becomes difficult to watch.
Also can't comprehend putting 5 forwards on the PP when you have two young D who should be learning the NHL PP game.
What is suppose to be a refreshing season while we watch the kids develop has turned into something that I am having a difficult time following.
How many goals does our #1 give up in the first 5 minutes? 2 or 3 is a safe bet.

Habs won't win another game this month.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
However tonight goes lads I’m just looking for something a little more entertaining, I look forward to wearing my Habs gear to Sunday Mass!!

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad