Post-Game Talk: GAME 30 - THE BEAR takes a victory skate on the Rideau Canal - BRUINS 2 Ottawa 1 F/OT

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Not sure they can afford to lose a almost PPG player with the present offence situation
The idea is the forward he is traded for would provide more offense than we lose in Krug.
listen, I understand that he could very well be the best player we have available to move that would get a reasonable return however, the many I read who want to trade him never mention his trade value, what they do is precede their comments by mentioning how weak he is in his own zone.

I`m not opposed to moving most anyone and Krug is on that list however, be careful, what he brings from the back end is something we don`t have currently that can replace his production. I believe, if he remains healthy, McAvoy can be that player but right now, he`s not yet there and that`s ok. Krug definitely has his defensive struggles but they are far outweighed by what he can do from his blueline out that worries me when talk about moving him comes up.
Krug is not the strongest defensively but when he is on his game he definitely helps this team and we would miss him, but that is what makes him so valuable. With MaCavoy and Griz and the kids coming up we have puck movers to handle the loss going forward even if they aren't the same level as Krug. If someone else brought us that piece then I would be happy with that, he just seems like the most valuable piece we can afford to trade.

The goal is to make the Bruins more balanced, right now they are really strong defensively and are top heavy forward wise.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
The idea is the forward he is traded for would provide more offense than we lose in Krug.

Krug is not the strongest defensively but when he is on his game he definitely helps this team and we would miss him, but that is what makes him so valuable. With MaCavoy and Griz and the kids coming up we have puck movers to handle the loss going forward even if they aren't the same level as Krug. If someone else brought us that piece then I would be happy with that, he just seems like the most valuable piece we can afford to trade.

The goal is to make the Bruins more balanced, right now they are really strong defensively and are top heavy forward wise.
You will always need offence from the back end, people need to stop believing Grizz is going to provide this, HE HAS FOUR CAREER GOALS. Krug is your PP quarter back, McAvoy may get there someday, but he is not close to bringing what Krug does on the PP, Grizz will never reach those heights. Of course if someone made an offer they could not refuse you let Krug go, but until I see Hall’s name or some comparable to him, Krug has to stay.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Neither is McAvoy. He doesn't have the talent to be in Krug's league offensively.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's produced at like a .5 point per game pace since he came in to the league. I'm sure he'd be putting up more points if he was on that first PP unit as well.

He may not ever match Krug offensively but they're closer than you make it seem

Reactions: 22Brad Park

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
"I can't see anyone doing my job here"
-Krug

Working the power play? Because he sucks as a defenseman. Carlie is and will be a much better player.

Those two goals Krug has sure puts him in the elite category LOL. No doubt he can generate offence but he's major liability in his end.

I think it's a fantasy thinking we can get RNH back in trade without a major add from the Bruins

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's produced at like a .5 point per game pace since he came in to the league. I'm sure he'd be putting up more points if he was on that first PP unit as well.

He may not ever match Krug offensively but they're closer than you make it seem

Since 2017:

Krug 88 points in 106 games (68 point pace)
McAvoy 53 points in 85 games (51 point pace)

On a points per minute basis the gap is even wider.

McAvoy wasn't anything special offensively in college either. He just doesn't have Krug's offensive brain/instincts (or elite passing ability etc.)

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Working the power play? Because he sucks as a defenseman. Carlie is and will be a much better player.

Those two goals Krug has sure puts him in the elite category LOL. No doubt he can generate offence but he's major liability in his end.

I think it's a fantasy thinking we can get RNH back in trade without a major add from the Bruins

RNH can't drive a line and isn't elite offensively or defensively. Good player, but I want someone better in return for arguably the best offensive defenceman in the league.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Since 2017:

Krug 88 points in 106 games (68 point pace)
McAvoy 53 points in 85 games (51 point pace)

On a points per minute basis the gap is even wider.

McAvoy wasn't anything special offensively in college either. He just doesn't have Krug's offensive brain/instincts (or elite passing ability etc.)

So those numbers tell me they are closer than you make it seem when you say he can't be in Krug's league offensively.

Give McAvoy the same zone starts and put him on the first PP unit in Krug's place and his numbers would probably be higher. McAvoy's also only 21. He hasn't reached his prime

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
You will always need offence from the back end, people need to stop believing Grizz is going to provide this, HE HAS FOUR CAREER GOALS. Krug is your PP quarter back, McAvoy may get there someday, but he is not close to bringing what Krug does on the PP, Grizz will never reach those heights. Of course if someone made an offer they could not refuse you let Krug go, but until I see Hall’s name or some comparable to him, Krug has to stay.
I know he won't be replaced offensively, but I feel better about the state of the D losing his offense than the O carrying on in it's current form. I wouldn't trade him for some scrub, but I don't expect a top 10 wing either. I understand the state of the current Bruins D as well as the O and I'm more comfortable losing Krug for a high end forward than keeping him and trying to make something work. If there is a deal out there that doesn't require sending Krug or a high end prospect like Frederic or Vaakanainen than I would be glad to do that, Krug just seems like the best piece. You have to give to get and to me this makes sense, even though losing Krug's offense will hurt.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
RNH can't drive a line and isn't elite offensively or defensively. Good player, but I want someone better in return for arguably the best offensive defenceman in the league.

We will find no common ground on Krug we see different players. half his point come of secondary assists and power play time.

I was reading the other day Carlie had 36 points and 8 from the pp? Along with doing the heaving lifting in his own end.

I'm not even going to go into the passing side, they are both good at that

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
We will find no common ground on Krug we see different players. half his point come of secondary assists and power play time.

I was reading the other day Carlie had 36 points and 8 from the pp? Along with doing the heaving lifting in his own end.

I'm not even going to go into the passing side, they are both good at that

Anyone trying to diminish Krug's offensive abilities (which you are doing) is barking up the wrong tree. He's proven time and time again that he's elite as it gets in that regard. And no, McAvoy is nowhere near Krug in terms of passing. Krug's vision and passing ability is second to none from the back end.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Anyone trying to diminish Krug's offensive abilities (which you are doing) is barking up the wrong tree. He's proven time and time again that he's elite as it gets in that regard. And no, McAvoy is nowhere near Krug in terms of passing. Krug's vision and passing ability is second to none from the back end.

Delusional.

I hope GM's around the league agree with you and not me. Look forward to the haul we get back if we trade him.

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

Not only is it beyond comical that you are comparing a 27 year old to a 20 year old, but to also imply that the 20 year old has hit his ceiling is pure insanity.

The agenda is strong with this one.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Delusional.

I hope GM's around the league agree with you and not me. Look forward to haul we get back if we trade him.

Yes, other GMs will agree with me. Nothing delusional about what I said. The few defenceman who finished ahead of him in scoring last season almost all logged a few more minutes per game. Krug is just about tops in the league in terms of points per minute. Krug's vision, passing ability and offensive IQ is second to none from the back end. Anyone Bruins fan who doesn't see this is a dumdum who has become desensitized to greatness.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Not only is it beyond comical that you are comparing a 27 year old to a 20 year old, but to also imply that the 20 year old has hit his ceiling is pure insanity.

The agenda is strong with this one.

Hey, I love McAvoy. But anyone who thinks McAvoy is in Krug's league offensively or likely to get there is doing a very superficial analysis (i.e. just looking at skating)

Last edited:

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
I mean, Krug said it. He's a smart guy, he knows hockey and how to evaluate players. He himself said that he can't see McAvoy filling his shoes. Enough said.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I know he won't be replaced offensively, but I feel better about the state of the D losing his offense than the O carrying on in it's current form. I wouldn't trade him for some scrub, but I don't expect a top 10 wing either. I understand the state of the current Bruins D as well as the O and I'm more comfortable losing Krug for a high end forward than keeping him and trying to make something work. If there is a deal out there that doesn't require sending Krug or a high end prospect like Frederic or Vaakanainen than I would be glad to do that, Krug just seems like the best piece. You have to give to get and to me this makes sense, even though losing Krug's offense will hurt.
If you are not expecting a top 10 winger for him how will this help the forward offence?

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
If you are not expecting a top 10 winger for him how will this help the forward offence?
You are right, the only way to help the offense is a top 10 winger, anything less than a Marchand equivelant would hurt the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad