Post-Game Talk: GAME 30 - THE BEAR takes a victory skate on the Rideau Canal - BRUINS 2 Ottawa 1 F/OT

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
44-28 shots Bruins
35-26 hits Bruins
Giveaways: Ott 18 Bos 6

Hell of an effort from a team playing 2 games in less than 24 hours in two different cities, with some pretty big injuries still going on. Heck of a weekend overall.

Mentioned earlier today I feel Krejci is playing his best overall hockey in years this season. He was feeling it again tonight. Two absolutely brilliant passes tonight, one of them leading to the game winner.

Great to see Krug scoring.

Pasta with several incredible chances and several really poor plays tonight. Needed to do better.

Moore was exceptionally good tonight. Tip of the hat to Cave as well. Liking his game. Backes also played very hard. He has been excellent the past few games. Oh, and Rask was simply awesome. Had to make some insanely hard saves and came up big. Almost as if he does know how to steal games.

Bs apparently are all vying to impress Gemel. Look like a different team with him out there. Or maybe McAvoy back and gaining strength has something to do with it. Who knows.
John Moore has a high hockey IQ, I didn't know a lot about him,but man he is steady & consistently good.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Boy, great effort again by the defense and goalies.

Can you imagine this team today with:

Bergeron
Chara
DeBrusk
Another top six RW

???

I think the assets on D are now lined up nicely to make a move. Philadelphia, Chicago and St.Louis all open for business.

As an aside, did anyone else feel like this weekend was defining for a lot of teams? When you look around the league at the scores in the last 24 hours I think the strengths and weaknesses of each team were illustrated and highlighted.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
And don't forget Acciari.

Who?

Im sorry... i pull for all our guys to be the best they can be but at this point i think weve seen what accari has to offer

Reminds me of how i used to cheer for jay henderson and cam stewart

Some guys simply are going to be in the bottom 1% of nhl players and bless his heart accairi needs to stop taking up an nhl roster spot on our team

Give him my props for effort... but im ok with wagner and smith taking this roster spot for now

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Who?

Im sorry... i pull for all our guys to be the best they can be but at this point i think weve seen what accari has to offer

Reminds me of how i used to cheer for jay henderson and cam stewart

Some guys simply are going to be in the bottom 1% of nhl players and bless his heart accairi needs to stop taking up an nhl roster spot on our team

Give him my props for effort... but im ok with wagner and smith taking this roster spot for now

was definitely a joke

Reactions: Grimey

bwdrums1

Dec 14, 2017
Gonna throw this out there just for opinions.Do you like Pastrnak on point for powerplay or would you rather him lower and top of circle with McAvoy back at point? Pretty sure during year Pasta has been in both just asking .
Top of the circle

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
was definitely a joke
Yeah i was apologizing for the lack of respect i showed for accairi saying who

I hate to slag any bruin and especially one i cheer for... but accairi has become as useless as jimmy hayes and worst than brett connolly (the last 2 forwards i wanted dropped)

He tries hard but has almost no skill to positively effect a game

Gemma smith may not be an improvement but i still prefer to see someone new that potentially might be better

Reactions: Jdavidev

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Smith seemed more poised tonight also and played well. It's going to take him a week or so maybe more to get used to all the new stuff including finding a permanent place to live.

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Bergeron
Chara
DeBrusk
Another top six RW

???

I think the assets on D are now lined up nicely to make a move. Philadelphia, Chicago and St.Louis all open for business.

As an aside, did anyone else feel like this weekend was defining for a lot of teams? When you look around the league at the scores in the last 24 hours I think the strengths and weaknesses of each team were illustrated and highlighted.

I like imagining

Pastrnak/bergeron/marchand
Nash/krecji/debrusk
Backes/kuraly/nordstrom
Heinen/jfk/donato
Wagner/smith

Mcavoy/grez
Carlo/chara
Moore/krug
Miller

Rask
Halak

If healthy... id bet 20 this team could get into finals
(Tampa looks very good but not invincible)

Reactions: HustleB

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I missed the game due to the Cowboys game but PVR'd it. I'll have to watch it later.

Rask must've had a good game.....How did Charlie and Gemel do tonight?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Guys, I gotta say Kampfer played great.

He looked very comfortable and I couldn't find a single mistake he made the whole game. Way to go Steven, great game budd!

definitely a Kampfer burner account

but seriously for some reason when the puck carrier is on the other wing, he gets way to close to his D partner which just creates an opening on his own side for a pass or a dump in that corner. he did it again tonight and it almost cost them. I do not understand why

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON

Bergeron
Chara
DeBrusk
Another top six RW

???

Then I guess I wasn't paying attention. Is there a TL;DR spread?

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
That was a gut check sloppy win. After the beating those clowns last night and having to play in Ottawa, against a team that played at home last night less than 16 hours after landing. That's impressive for the group as a whole.

Reactions: Ladyfan and sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Bergeron
Chara
DeBrusk
Another top six RW

???

Hopefully those guys are back sooner than later.

Sometimes I find myself daydreaming that the refs call all the penalties that Marchand actually draws and only 1/2 of those they wrongly give to him.

Reactions: b in vancouver

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Anyone else worry that the zone entry was offside? As they came in I told myself not
To get too excited if they scored but no one else seemed to mention it and didn’t see any replays where they showed the zone entry.
I figured they’d give a ‘why not’ challenge but maybe it was just clean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad