Post-Game Talk: GAME 30 - THE BEAR takes a victory skate on the Rideau Canal - BRUINS 2 Ottawa 1 F/OT

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
4th line still isn't doing a whole lot, but Backes and the kids have looked better lately. Generated enough chances to win comfortably, but McKenna had a game of his life.

Not a fan of the Backes line... generated next to nothing on offense. Yet cassidy keeps giving it mins

The guy loves Nordstrom

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
sublime dish from DK to Torey "fans all wanna trade me" Krug

After that goal I was thinking we might just have to keep this guy! Haha. 17 pts in 19 games, not too shabby! He is a -6, But I could see him going on a run of scoring a bunch of points now and get that back in the positive.

Should be interesting to see how our D shakes out long term. Would love to see Sweeney get McAvoy and Krug locked up long term on team friendly 6mill per deals. These two actually looked pretty solid together today. Could roll out a Chara-Carlo and down the road a Vaak-Carlo top shut down pair and then behind them a more offense Krug-McAvoy pair. I like the idea of a bottom pair of Krug-Lauzon too.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
If JD comes back tomorrow put him with JFK and Heinen. Leave the top line alone, put Donato with Cave and Nordstrom and move Backes back with Kuraly and Wagner.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
The coaches have done wonders to his game. He's always had talent and flashes, but I think this is one of the best streaks in his career in terms of overall play, at least from my viewings. Great signing and solid player for us.​

He's a good enough skater with excellent hands. Once the B's get all their D's back, could Moore fill in as a bottom-six winger?

Last edited:

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
If JD comes back tomorrow put him with JFK and Heinen. Leave the top line alone, put Donato with Cave and Nordstrom and move Backes back with Kuraly and Wagner.
Cassidy said last night he doubts DeBrusk plays tomorrow as he has not even skated yet

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He's a good enough skater with excellent hands. Once the B's get all their D's back, could Moore fill in as a bottom-six winger?

Honestly I'd try Krug in that spot before Moore. Krug just isn't interested in playing defense from what I can see, it's always offense first with him.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
For the record that is exactly why he is an option for trade, he is perhaps our only high value player we could afford to lose.
listen, I understand that he could very well be the best player we have available to move that would get a reasonable return however, the many I read who want to trade him never mention his trade value, what they do is precede their comments by mentioning how weak he is in his own zone.

I`m not opposed to moving most anyone and Krug is on that list however, be careful, what he brings from the back end is something we don`t have currently that can replace his production. I believe, if he remains healthy, McAvoy can be that player but right now, he`s not yet there and that`s ok. Krug definitely has his defensive struggles but they are far outweighed by what he can do from his blueline out that worries me when talk about moving him comes up.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
when defense is all healthy.
i think krug will be tossed out there to see if he could get a top 6 forward.

we would miss his power play production, but overall it would improve our defense.

Reactions: Zillah

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
when defense is all healthy.
i think krug will be tossed out there to see if he could get a top 6 forward.

we would miss his power play production, but overall it would improve our defense.

Improve D on a team that`s sitting in, I believe 2nd with GA allowing only 76 thus far?

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Honestly I'd try Krug in that spot before Moore. Krug just isn't interested in playing defense from what I can see, it's always offense first with him.
Because that is what Cassidy wants, if you listen to Cassidy’s post game he pretty much says as much. Every team needs a dman that generates offence and Krug is finally getting back into form after his injury.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

They could probably figure it out eventually and might be o.k. - but it's a different skating structure and completely changes the way you have to read the game. If you've spent your whole life with the game in front of you it's not that easy to try and turn the page and be the one waiting for the pass and stuff.
They'd probably be chasing the puck a lot, over-skating, and drift back.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
For the record that is exactly why he is an option for trade, he is perhaps our only high value player we could afford to lose.

Torey Krug - 17pts
Rest of Defense - 30pts

^Krug alone accounts for nearly 40% of the teams offense from the back end and he's missed 11 of our 30 games.

Reactions: smack66

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
These points count so much. I know they kind of laid an egg in FLA, but what a great bounce back.

So proud of these guys. Really showing guts and determination while SO many players are out.

Go get 'em guys! Go Bruins.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->