GDT: Game #30: Dec 15th - To Tank or Not To Tank that is the question??? Habs vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're weeks away from the bottom 7. Ottawa, Nashville, Vancouver, Buffalo and St-Louis will all probably pass us.

We managed to be a ,500 team in the easiest part of our schedule, so there are good chances we'll have a harder time with a tougher schedule, also add the probable trades coming and we'll spiral down and settle somewhere in the bottom 7.
We’re also the third most penalized team in the league — don’t know if that will continue but there is something to be said about a lineup with many inexperienced players and veteran turds.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It never will. When you have a bad team in a small market there's not 10 ways to improve your team. UFA wont sign for you. And you need to give something to acquire something. So for bad teams in a small market the only option is to improve the team via the draft. And the best way to do so is to trades vets who play a bigger role than they should for picks (3rd line vets playing on a 1st line on a bottom 10 team). Whatever people call this tanking or proper assets management it really doesn't matter one bit. For many teams that's the only option out of the bottom.

The fact so many fans refuse to acknowledge this fact doesn't make it not a fact. It's incredible the amount fans believing in the myth that you can improve a team magically by keeping your current 20 players and then magically furtune will fall on your lap and Conor McJesus will appear in your team for no reason just like that Connor McDavid acquired for Nathan beaulieu and Jared Tinordi and a 1st BOOM magic. Reality doesn't work this way. You might be able to fleece one GM here and there but if you are in the bottom in a small market acquiring picks is the most reliable way to improve your assets significantly enough to improve the team enough to get out of the bottom.

The lottery system is like capitalism as we know it.

It's shitty, but I can't think of a better alternative.

Sigh, a lot of people almost got in bad collisions last night... it's hockey, but everyone focuses on just him with this lol

It just sucks people think he's this fragile little thing that nobody is ever allowed to touch.. But we all kinda feel like his parents lol so I get it too

There's been some WHOPPERS of hits on him that looked as scary as they come... not 1 concussion.. and hes learning now too

Our 5"7 lil treasure got KOed on a awful collision just a couple days ago.. played the next game

We need to stop trying to wrap Slaf in bubble wrap man lol

There's obviously an inherent danger in the game for everyone but you can tell when certain players never had to learn how to protect themselves.

Lindros is probably the most famous case of a man against boys who never learned how protect himself because he got away with it in lower levels.

This is slafs biggest weakness as far as I can see and just want him to have a lengthy career.

The caufield comparison is weak because it was a freak play (this goes back to the point of inherent danger in hockey) but he's generally very good at not exposing himself to bad outcomes.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
guys pwease go easy on Dwouin tonight ok? 🥺

Well, I want to see what a Pitlick - Drouin - Armia line can do!

I'm rooting for Drouin to do well as a 4c because I want Evans in the top 9 - even when Monahan comes back. (won't happen, but it's what I want).

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It's hard to outtank the west. They have so many lousy teams. Never seen anything like it. It's literally as if they went alright Bedard is first pick this year, let's all play crap. I mean the Habs have been meh this year and we are pretty much ahead of them by a good margin. If we really want to tank, we'll have to sacrifice a big important piece not a Armia and guys like that. But a guy like Anderson. Unless we do that, it's gonna be constant win-lose, win-lose all season.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Wow Drouin decided to come out of retirement to help the Habs get their ass kicked last night wooow what a f**kin legend I wanna be just like him when I grow up

Can't wait to see more of this absolute super star tonight. What a treat.

Like Joe, I wanna be like Joe

Gonna buy me some Air Drouin skates. I heard they go so fast, nobody can see you on the ice.

Last edited:

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Playing against the Ducks, I need to bring up McTavish who killed the WJC. Slafkovsky has not done worse. When i’ve watched him this season McTavish looked plain vanilla.

Probably means he’ll score against us tonight, but will go right back being plain after.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
this team is going nowhere without another top 3 pick this year and should be the only focus. Get rid of anyone you can and do this the right way instead of just missing the playoffs.

Do you think the tv crew will keep talking about Zegra / Caufield relationship or is the OCD stupid plotlines just a sportsnet thing?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's hard to outtank the west. They have so many lousy teams. Never seen anything like it. It's literally as if they went alright Bedard is first pick this year, let's all play crap. I mean the Habs have been meh this year and we are pretty much ahead of them by a good margin. If we really want to tank, we'll have to sacrifice a big important piece not a Armia and guys like that. But a guy like Anderson. Unless we do that, it's gonna be constant win-lose, win-lose all season.

Luckily, last place has won the 1st overall pick two years in a row with 25% odds, so I'm betting this year won't be the case. Might as well finish around 3rd to 5th last.

San Jose has regained some composure, chicago has been playing ,500 for some time and Arizona hasn't completely crashed. With the tough month ahead, I see only two teams we can't catch-up to for now.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
We are gonna beat the Ducks, they are tankerrible this season.

I remember McTavish stopping that puck on the line & then they got the winning goal at the WJC, that was awesome. Also, the return of Nate Beaulieu, him & his dad will dive into the Habs bench to start a brawl, should be exciting!

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Well, I want to see what a Pitlick - Drouin - Armia line can do!

I'm rooting for Drouin to do well as a 4c because I want Evans in the top 9 - even when Monahan comes back. (won't happen, but it's what I want).
Why sister JD???
His money, sheesh

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022

Attachments

• the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
I highly doubt Habs vs Ducks is some "good hockey" 😂😂 maybe in a few years lol
Lol you gonna watch some dancing with the stars then?

This is a prime example of the sunshine brigade trying to hide their crave for instant gratification with the development over tanking dichotomy.
JD3TImv.png
It’s common sense. If you lose tons of games your players are trash. You want caufield and slaf to be trash? That’s exactly what you’re saying and you can’t argue that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad