GDT: Game #30: Dec 15th - To Tank or Not To Tank that is the question??? Habs vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Aren’t the kids also losing development via ice time awarded to undeserving vets? Is meritocracy not a staple of building team culture? Marty is walking a line that he can’t seem to defend — not that he’s getting overly challenged about it.
Probably has the team buy-in and the kids all know next year there’s roster spots.

Reactions: Runner77

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
It's a pretty quick turn around... Is everyone ready for another dose of Drouin, Hoffman, Dadonov and Armia?
1671130512538.png

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The tank talk is so beta and outplayed. Let’s just watch some good hockey and hope our players keep developing. If they lose a mass amount to “tank” then we lose development it’s just basic math. We aren’t getting Bedard
This is a prime example of the sunshine brigade trying to hide their crave for instant gratification with the development over tanking dichotomy.
JD3TImv.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Damn I just realized I have the 49ers Seahawks game tonight. As much as I love hockey it ain't going to be Purdy. :wg:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I didn't watch last game but man the Drouin hate is so over the top. He sucks as a player, but just from the highlights he seems to have made that 4th line a threat. Yes I know it's one game, the Sens suck, and the highlights don't represent everything, but even reading what others wrote he seems to have had a good game by his standards.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I didn't watch last game but man the Drouin hate is so over the top. He sucks as a player, but just from the highlights he seems to have made that 4th line a threat. Yes I know it's one game, the Sens suck, and the highlights don't represent everything, but even reading what others wrote he seems to have had a good game by his standards.
Yeah, i think he played well for a first game back. I’d try him with Slafkovsky and Anderson instead of Evans.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Losing this one in regulation puts us 12 points out of the top spot, assuming CBH dont win.

LETS DO IT

He didnt make anything a threat but he wasn't the worst player on the ice either, he made a few good passes on the PP. Still useless.

He's not any worse than
Gallagher
Armia
Edmundson
Dadonov
Hoffman
Wideman

Reactions: Sagikev

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Tank culture has become a runaway freight train in general. I don't think the lottery system has done much of anything to curb it.
It never will. When you have a bad team in a small market there's not 10 ways to improve your team. UFA wont sign for you. And you need to give something to acquire something. So for bad teams in a small market the only option is to improve the team via the draft. And the best way to do so is to trades vets who play a bigger role than they should for picks (3rd line vets playing on a 1st line on a bottom 10 team). Whatever people call this tanking or proper assets management it really doesn't matter one bit. For many teams that's the only option out of the bottom.

The fact so many fans refuse to acknowledge this fact doesn't make it not a fact. It's incredible the amount fans believing in the myth that you can improve a team magically by keeping your current 20 players and then magically furtune will fall on your lap and Conor McJesus will appear in your team for no reason just like that Connor McDavid acquired for Nathan beaulieu and Jared Tinordi and a 1st BOOM magic. Reality doesn't work this way. You might be able to fleece one GM here and there but if you are in the bottom in a small market acquiring picks is the most reliable way to improve your assets significantly enough to improve the team enough to get out of the bottom.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He made the 4th line better for sure and the hate was excessive.
I think alot of the hatred is the 5 year 33.5 mil dollar contract and losing a legitimate Dman for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad