Post-Game Talk: Game #30: Canucks 3, Predators 1 - KESLERKESLERKESLERKESLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Lol, first time watching Oilers hockey? There is never hope.

Y2KCanuck hasn't been threatening to go be an Oiler fan much this season. Must be nice to have the Canucks to fall back on for half a dozen years until the Oilers climb into respectability. A luxury real Oiler fans don't have.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Y2KCanuck hasn't been threatening to go be an Oiler fan much this season. Must be nice to have the Canucks to fall back on for half a dozen years until the Oilers climb into respectability. A luxury real Oiler fans don't have.

They're going to be dangling us out of our jocks any day now, any day!

Golden Boy

The Spy in Beantown
Mar 24, 2012
Currently Undercover
They're going to be dangling us out of our jocks any day now, any day!

nr9fLNo.jpg

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Anyone listen to 1040 after the game?

"How frustrated are you, as a Canucks fan, with Ryan Kesler's recent burst of goals?" :help:

I also believe they were suggesting that they put Alberts in, though I got a lot of static at that point, so I could be wrong.

Yup, time to start listening to a new post-game radio station. I'm used to this garbage after losses, where I usually just turn the radio off, but after wins now? Screw off, 1040.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Flyers didnt make the playoffs until the last day, the year they made the finals. Penguins were 5 points out of a playoff spot in February 09, the same year they won the cup.

I remember reading that since the 04 lockout 86% of teams in a playoff spot by American thanksgiving made the playoffs. So yeah a couple of teams do fall out.
IMO anything before a quarter of the season is too early to care standings wise but after the quarter mark I like to check in occasionally. Mid to late December is usually a good time to take a step back and see where the team stands and how good/bad it is. Usually for the Canucks this is when they get rolling. Don't know if that will continue this year though.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Reading back through the GDT gave me a good chuckle at people blaming Luongo for the goal. I didn't see most of the game, but it figures. Any goal that goes in on Luongo he must be at fault for. Any goal is a bad goal.

Glad Kesler showed up tonight on the score sheet. Needed this win over a team nipping at our heels.

John Bender*

Reading back through the GDT gave me a good chuckle at people blaming Luongo for the goal. I didn't see most of the game, but it figures. Any goal that goes in on Luongo he must be at fault for. Any goal is a bad goal.

Glad Kesler showed up tonight on the score sheet. Needed this win over a team nipping at our heels.

From what I recall it was a bad rebound, due to a bad read. It came at a bad time just after the Canucks had scored.

I was not surprised.

That said, other than that, Luongo played well today. I can't dispute that. I do though, dispute about 99.9% of everything you post regarding Lu.

LolClarkson*

Anyone listen to 1040 after the game?

"How frustrated are you, as a Canucks fan, with Ryan Kesler's recent burst of goals?" :help:

I also believe they were suggesting that they put Alberts in, though I got a lot of static at that point, so I could be wrong.

Yup, time to start listening to a new post-game radio station. I'm used to this garbage after losses, where I usually just turn the radio off, but after wins now? Screw off, 1040.

Dan Russel is on here http://www.am650radio.com/Blog/StirlingFaux/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10584826

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
From what I recall it was a bad rebound, due to a bad read. It came at a bad time just after the Canucks had scored.

I was not surprised.

That said, other than that, Luongo played well today. I can't dispute that. I do though, dispute about 99.9% of everything you post regarding Lu.

It was a perfect pass to a wide-open player in front of the net with a wide open cage.

Edit: Rebound off a screened shot.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
It was a perfect pass to a wide-open player in front of the net with a wide open cage.

Edit: Rebound off a screened shot.

It was not a bad goal at all. It was merely a goal. Defensive breakdown sure (though not even that bad of one, as we've seen in other games like the LA game).

All in all, Luongo had a great game tonight.

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Santorelli may be the unsung player of the game.

It's chicken and egg who helped who with the Sedin's - but that line looked pretty dominant tonight, at least on possession play. He was a workhorse on the boards to help track down pucks that would otherwise be cleared. Did a lot of things right.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Luongo had a great game but the goal was bad — he had no reason to let out such a juicy rebound into the slot.

Are you kidding me?? I saw the replay. I don't know how anyone can say that's a bad goal. The Luongo hate has become infectious around here to the point where every goal that goes in on him is a bad goal. I didn't hear the people who are calling this a bad goal say anything about the goals Lack gave up the other day, but as soon as Luongo is between the pipes and a puck goes by him it's automatically a bad goal nowadays. It's getting utterly ridiculous.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Santorelli may be the unsung player of the game.

It's chicken and egg who helped who with the Sedin's - but that line looked pretty dominant tonight, at least on possession play. He was a workhorse on the boards to help track down pucks that would otherwise be cleared. Did a lot of things right.

Santorelli has been quite the revelation. I keep waiting for him to bottom out and disappear and it hasn't happened yet. Hoping he can keep up his play.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Luongo had a great game but the goal was bad — he had no reason to let out such a juicy rebound into the slot.

If we're going to over analyze it, the rebound was bad because Tanev and Wilson were cruising in his sightlines, so he was leaning to see the puck - that's when Rosi fired it, and he didn't have time to angle the pads. Tanev managed to have a swipe at the rebound, but he missed it. A bad situation made worse for both of Lu and Tanev, because Daniel lost Hornqvist in coverage so him and Wilson were free to pounce on any loose pucks.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Are you kidding me?? I saw the replay. I don't know how anyone can say that's a bad goal. The Luongo hate has become infectious around here to the point where every goal that goes in on him is a bad goal. I didn't hear the people who are calling this a bad goal say anything about the goals Lack gave up the other day, but as soon as Luongo is between the pipes and a puck goes by him it's automatically a bad goal nowadays. It's getting utterly ridiculous.

Goal was fine, rebound was bad.

There is no reason to let out that rebound just like there is no reason for Tanev to watch the Nashville forward retrieve the puck. It certainly wasn't all Lou's fault, but he is partially to blame.

Other than that he was fantastic.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Goal was fine, rebound was bad.

There is no reason to let out that rebound just like there is no reason for Tanev to watch the Nashville forward retrieve the puck. It certainly wasn't all Lou's fault, but he is partially to blame.

Other than that he was fantastic.

A goalie stopping a screened shot is likely going to give up a rebound. Tanev was right there to clear the puck, and had he done his job there would have been no goal.

Hot damn we have so many goalie experts on here.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I feel like Y2KCanucks has leaned so biased towards Luongo throughout the years that it's tough to take his defenses for the guy seriously even on occasions where he's right.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I don't think that Luongo can be faulted for giving up a rebound on a shot that had 4 skaters between him and the shooter.

It wasn't an unpreventable goal, but it certainly wasn't "bad".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad