( Meloche )

Grubauer
Francouz
( Werner )

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
This next game against the Oilers will likely be difficult. The Oilers have a good record under Hitchcock.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
2 blowouts in 3 games is not good enough. Need to make some adjustments for sure. The first thing I think they need to look at is the PK. Cross ice passes through the slot are happening way to often and way too easily. Since Barrie has been back, Cole has seemed lost and confused. Maybe he needs to be with Zads for a few games? Barrie doesn't deserve to be with Nemeth, but he might have to for a little.

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I had planned to go to this one. Pretty glad I nixed it. I can deal with traveling for a loss. Can’t deal with an absolute blowout.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
giphy.gif

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
FYI we are testing out a new forum feature called Live Threads. New posts will continuously pop in like a constant feed so you can follow along without refreshing.

If you'd like to try it, join the usergroup here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/join-user-groups

It will only affect a few specific threads at this time like this GDT.

Let @SniperHF know if you run into any problems with it.​
Just a heads up, but it completely glitches up HF for me when I would leave and then come back like 15 minutes later.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Team needs to practice being fore-checked all day long tomorrow. They just completely fold under the pressure. We gotta have some sort of strategy for dealing with it, other than hoping that someone will be fast enough to get it out of the zone.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thank the heavens I missed this one with my friends and chequed the score periodically. However, I just saw the highlights and it seems they did not show up - it happens to every team. Not sure how anybody can blame any indiviudal player there; Soderberg did a flyby for one of Lightnings goal, Cole mishandled the puck on another, Zadorov was lost on one, Barrie threw the puck brainlessly leading to two TB goals, Nieto conducts a weak clear for the first goal, Varlamov didn't handle his rebound control good making Lightning score an easy one, and Grubs couldn't glove a puck which lead to a hilarious goal. That was a collective effort towards a loss.

I wouldn't say that Tampa Bay won that more than the Avs decided to not show up. That isn't to say that Lightning aren't good, because holy **** they are, but this game has nothing to do with "we're not at their level yet". It's a game you simply cannot judge because one team went into cakewalk mode. Now with all of that said, I must say I am terribly disappointed that the Avs decided to sleepwalk and not accept the challenge. If Avs want to be a good team, they should be itching to be able to test their strength against the best of the best. They needed some revenge over that 1-0 loss, but it seems that the adversity was too much and they crumbled by not even showing up in the first place. Now, Avs should demand of themselves to show up and put a beatdown on the Oilers to be able to throw this loss away. If they don't then this loss will continue to linger into their minds.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yes, that’s why I suggested that the avs rip the stars off...
That is brutal deal for the Avs lol

Kerfoot is a legit 2nd liner.
Timmins looks like he could be a middle pairing defenceman.
1 of those first round picks could be a top 5 pick in a great draft.

Radulov is halfway back to Russia, and Seguin isn't worth anywhere near what you suggested.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

Radulov is halfway back to Russia, and Seguin isn't worth anywhere near what you suggested.

Not sure if serious or if you're just overrating picks/prospects but Radu/Seguin are legit stars. Avs would make that trade any day as they should. Stars don't touch that.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf and 22FUTON9

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Kerfoot is not a legit 2nd liner.

And your telling me you wouldn’t give up those pieces for two legit stars in the NHL that have proven to be some of the best players in the league? Ridiculous.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Am I being trolled?

Reactions: missionAvs

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Am I being trolled?
No. I wouldn't do that deal. I don't trust radulov to play at a high level in the NHL for any amount of time, and I wouldn't want Seguins contract. I wouldn't do that deal.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Tampa are a very good team. They're on pace for 124 points. It's not a disaster to lose to them in Tampa. Lots of home games coming up, so Avs better bounce back quickly.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
I can't stand how weak on the boards Jost is. The kid needs to put on some muscle BADLY. Gets ridden off the boards like he's made of paper

This is a huge problem with Jost and Kerfoot. Compher has the tenacity to overcome those faults but those two just get shut right down when the physicality is there and it's not a good look.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad