GDT: Game 3: Wings vs ducks 7:30 pm et (FSD)

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Going to be a tough task putting the puck in tonight. Looks like Gibson in the pipes for the Ducks. Was hoping the opposing back up trend would continue lol

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
EGYd780X0AEJ9ws

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's a sports board.
Sports fans are going to ***** about stupid decisions made by a team.

Bertuzzi is WAY more valuable as an offensive asset than Glendening. It's not even ****ing close.

Yeah, but then we should speculate putting Glendening with Larkin and Mantha, and put Bertuzzi with AA and Hirose, to have more balanced scoring.

But when there's no other options, this whine against Glendening is just waste of time. Abdelkader and Helm are worse.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
dead horse at this point I know but it really says a lot about those Abdelkader and Helm contracts that they are on the 4th line with this forward group

and the Abdelkader contract isn't even halfway over yet

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Helm took 36 faceoffs last year.

Last game DLR got thrown out of the faceoff circle and Abby took the faceoff over Helm.

Clearly, you are just making up conclusions rather than formulating them with reason.

LOL? What?
I gave you the facts.

I was just guessing on who was taking faceoffs, if anyone was, for AA after Glendening was hurt. Helm did take 5 faceoffs one of those games.

The facts are:
AA was 104 vs 109 on faceoffs over his last 16 games - during which a lot of his play was at center. 48.8% is much better than his season rate.
The Red Wings were 9-7.
He scored 8 goals and had 7 assists in 16 games, nearly a point per game.
And he was plus 1.

So, you can say AA sucks as a center.
And maybe you're right.
But I'd say that if the Red Wings wanted to see something positive from AA at C, they got it.
Those are

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Yeah, but then we should speculate putting Glendening with Larkin and Mantha, and put Bertuzzi with AA and Hirose, to have more balanced scoring.

But when there's no other options, this whine against Glendening is just waste of time. Abdelkader and Helm are worse.

I sure would love to develop another top 6 forward... like Svech, for example, to give us other options.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
dead horse at this point I know but it really says a lot about those Abdelkader and Helm contracts that they are on the 4th line with this forward group

his NTC goes away as long as the Wings don't make the playoffs this year and not in the top nine among Red Wings forwards in average TOI per game. Hopefully Yzerman can do something with that.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA

Abdelkader's was bad before the ink dried.

I'd be more ok with his nosedive in production if he actually played with some physicality and defensive awareness. More times than not he's a complete non-factor on the ice.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Lines 2 and 3 *should* get some scoring chances against the bottom lines. I would bet at least one of those lines gets a goal tonight.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Hoping there is a short leash on Hirose tonight. If he can't get to pucks and hang on to them, we might cross the threshold from "counter attacking" to "getting peppered 3 shifts in a row".

I will say, the structure from the coach has been pretty spot on, so maybe AA's veriticality can bust Hirose out of this 'slump'.

Excited to see what AA looks like at C at this point. If he played bottom 6 C and got half the breakaways that Draper/Helm/etc have gotten out of it, he might be pretty pleased with the production and stability that comes with that.

Tough task for Bowey. I like him and Cholowski together, but I think Cholowski has played well enough to maybe get bumped into the top-4 while a vet helps Bowey simplify and get into a rhythm. That said, hopefully those two can take part in pushing a pace that gets them more than just o-zone starts, and possibly steal a few shifts from the more stationary pairs.

Looking forward to seeing how Blashills offense looks against a goalie like Gibson. A lot of his offensive talking points that I generally hate, have the potential to frustrate a goalie as coordinated as Gibson.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Poor AA, the others are having a ton of fun and he gets stuck with friggen Glendening. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with Glenster but really a top six role? Then you got kader and helm just stinking up the ice and svech is on the bench? Alright.

AA is terrible at faceoffs and LGD is a consistent 55%-60% so any defensive zone fo's for sure that his line takes Glendy will step in for.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
it doesn't even matter who AA plays with. He's best when hes zooming up ice creating his own offense. Just get him someone that can win a faceoff for his line so he can get the puck and go do his thing. This someone should also have decent speed to keep up. For example, Glendening.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Couldnt have been less of a fan of the 3 checking lines with C's playing W plan.

But 51,81 and 41 have outplayed all the other wingers below line1.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Why is Filp on the third line? Should be centering AA imo. The guy is good at stick-puck.
Already been mentioned half a dozen times, but Forehand Luke has been the best player aside from BLM line in the first 2 games. I'm not gonna complain until he gives me something to complain about.

We're not talking just defensively either, 1G, 1A, and consistently moving the puck up the ice. Shooting the puck with his forehand. Pinning his man to the ice without getting called for interference on Bert's empty netter. All the little things that he usually does.

The added benefit of having played together as a line last year too. Each understands his role on that line.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Already been mentioned half a dozen times, but Forehand Luke has been the best player aside from BLM line in the first 2 games. I'm not gonna complain until he gives me something to complain about.

We're not talking just defensively either, 1G, 1A, and consistently moving the puck up the ice. Shooting the puck with his forehand. Pinning his man to the ice without getting called for interference on Bert's empty netter. All the little things that he usually does.

The added benefit of having played together as a line last year too. Each understands his role on that line.

I am not disagreeing bud. But Filp should be centering both Luke and AA imo. No reason to demote Filp and/or Luke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad