GDT: Game 3: Wings vs ducks 7:30 pm et (FSD)

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Poor AA, the others are having a ton of fun and he gets stuck with friggen Glendening. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with Glenster but really a top six role? Then you got kader and helm just stinking up the ice and svech is on the bench? Alright.

Maybe it's paying off? He's on pace for 41 goals and 41 assists. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Gniwder

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Guest here. So, is Kaski playing or not? First tweet said that he was, but the later one said Cholowski is with Bowen.
Do i need to wake up 2:30 AM to watch his debut or not? :)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Poor AA, the others are having a ton of fun and he gets stuck with friggen Glendening. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with Glenster but really a top six role? Then you got kader and helm just stinking up the ice and svech is on the bench? Alright.
So far outside first line Glendenning is the best player we have, sad but true

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Really wish Svech can play tonight. He was full of piss and vinegar in the preseason. Loved it.

I don't really care where they slot AA. Whether he's at C or W on the chart, Glendening is going to do his thing and cover for him. Probably take a lot of draws too.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
So far outside first line Glendenning is the best player we have, sad but true
I was gonna say the same. Who else really deserves ice time? Obviously AA, but LGD played better than Flip or Erne the first 2 games. The first line already gets 20+ min/game, can't really give them any more than that if we expect them to last the whole season.

Happy to see Bowey in the line up, hope he makes the best of it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Friggen Glendening is the only player outside the 1st line who has scored.

People should just stop whining about this. Glendening adds a role player on AA's like just as Bertuzzi adds in the 1st line.

Reactions: masta8

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I don't mind AA at Center
Over his final final 16 games last year, largely at C, he went 8-7-15 +1 with 47 shots in 19:25 a night.
The Wings were 9-7 in those games.
104 faceoff wins vs 109 faceoff losses.

But, I'd prefer the Wings make a decision on him.

I get having Glendening on one side for board battles. But on the other side, I'd put someone better than Hirose.

Reactions: masta8 and Winger98

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Friggen Glendening is the only player outside the 1st line who has scored.

People should just stop whining about this. Glendening adds a role player on AA's like just as Bertuzzi adds in the 1st line.

It's a sports board.
Sports fans are going to bitch about stupid decisions made by a team.

Bertuzzi is WAY more valuable as an offensive asset than Glendening. It's not even f***ing close.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I don't mind AA at Center
Over his final final 16 games last year, largely at C, he went 8-7-15 +1 with 47 shots in 19:25 a night.
The Wings were 9-7 in those games.
104 faceoff wins vs 109 faceoff losses.

But, I'd prefer the Wings make a decision on him.

I get having Glendening on one side for board battles. But on the other side, I'd put someone better than Hirose.

Just judging by faceoffs he did not spend most of his time at C. He averaged about 12 to 13 faceoffs a game. To give you an idea, a center with comparable TOI would likely have north of 25 faceoffs per game. Given his numbers, I would bet he spent about half those games actually centering a line.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Was at the game Sunday and Helm stood out to me as looking way slower than he has in the past. Abby looks like Abby. I'd sit both of them and let Kuffner and Svech get some ice time, we need some more offensive talent in the bottom nine. Glendening looks good tbh.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hope we absolutely demolish these guys tonight. Growing up in LA I know a lot of Ducks fans. Whatever the equivalent of Datysuk punching Perry is for todays teams is what I want to see tonight lol.
No thanks, because today's equivalent would be Mantha breaking his hand again, and I certainly don't want Larkin involved in any fights, certainly not against Getzlaf.

Backhand Luke with the GWG again, just for the haters.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Just judging by faceoffs he did not spend most of his time at C. He averaged about 12 to 13 faceoffs a game. To give you an idea, a center with comparable TOI would likely have north of 25 faceoffs per game. Given his numbers, I would bet he spent about half those games actually centering a line.

Glendening and Helm played often with AA.
I'm guessing they took a lot of Dzone draws.
But whatever.
Clearly, he was playing C more than he normall does.
And clearly, it didn't hurt his stats, as he was about a PPG.
Clearly, it didn't hurt the team much, as a bad team was above .500.
Clearly, the more he took faceoffs routinely, the better he was (104 vs. 109) is a lot better than his overall FO%.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is Geno gonna be in or not? Is Bowey in or not? This is a mess figuring out who where what why and how.

Stop reading social media, so you would avoid this mess, which never really wasn't a mess.

Athanasiou was going to be in for Nielsen and Bowey was coming in for Daley.

Simple as that.

AHL callups were just for NHL money and "practise taste".

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
But on the other side, I'd put someone better than Hirose.

Not really a long list. I think what I would prefer lines similar to what I have below. The size/skill combination that we are led to believe about Erne, or the abilities that Geno has shown, should be a good fit.

Erne-AA-Svechnikov
Or
Erne/Svechnikov-Filppula-AA

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Stop reading social media, so you would avoid this mess, which never really wasn't a mess.

Simple as that.

Do you have any links for this?
You sound awfully certain.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Not really a long list. I think what I would prefer lines similar to what I have below. The size/skill combination that we are led to believe about Erne, or the abilities that Geno has shown, should be a good fit.

Erne-AA-Svechnikov
Or
Erne/Svechnikov-Filppula-AA

I'm forgetting we've also lost Nielsen.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago

Simple as that.

Grand Rapids Griffins doesn't play until Friday. May as well take a look at some of these players at the big club and have them available if any of the regulars can't make it.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I actually really like a Glendening-AA-Hirose line.
I just wish it was line 3 with AA occasionally double-shifting on 2 and 4. If we had a good enough 2nd line I think that'd be ideal.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Glendening and Helm played often with AA.
I'm guessing they took a lot of Dzone draws.
But whatever.
Clearly, he was playing C more than he normall does.
And clearly, it didn't hurt his stats, as he was about a PPG.
Clearly, it didn't hurt the team much, as a bad team was above .500.
Clearly, the more he took faceoffs routinely, the better he was (104 vs. 109) is a lot better than his overall FO%.
Helm took 36 faceoffs last year.

Last game DLR got thrown out of the faceoff circle and Abby took the faceoff over Helm.

Clearly, you are just making up conclusions rather than formulating them with reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad