Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Tuesday May 6th 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 4m
Carey Price just confirmed once and for all that Patrice Bergeron’s goal skipped off the ice. Doesn’t see what’s wrong with calling it lucky

Poor Frankie Boo got the blame for it.

A hybrid tender stops that puck.
Butterfly can kill sometimes.
Feel really bad for both Cube and Pricer...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Haha a Boston media member actually asked Julien what he was expecting for Game 3 at the Bell Centre where the refs favour the Habs. That was an actual question. **** bush league reporters in that city.

What a hack. I seriously wonder what qualifications they consider when hiring.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
John Lu
#Habs Therrien references #Bruins Julien's "crap" comment Saturday: "(The Bruins) try to influence the referees. That's how they do things."
Source

At least Therrien and co. are not playing Julien's useless game. Still can't figure why such a great team needs to whine to get things going their way.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
John Lu
#Habs Therrien references #Bruins Julien's "crap" comment Saturday: "(The Bruins) try to influence the referees. That's how they do things."
Source

At least Therrien and co. are not playing Julien's useless game. Still can't figure why such a great team needs to whine to get things going their way.

Julien ticked off a ref last game; no doubt he was trying to bully the ref. Good to see Therrien tell it like it is.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Oddly enough, I think the Habs going back to Montreal tied might actually be a 'good' thing compared to 2-0.

I get that from the obvious point of view, being up 2-0 is better than being tied. However, I find the Habs play better and are more focused when their backs are against the wall.

Either way...I think this series is going 7 games.

I also don't think the Habs have played anywhere close to what is their best game. There's a lot of positive to retain from the 2 games in Boston that they can carry over to both games in MTL. The Habs will have last change and *should* be able to dictate the matchups.

Looking forward to seeing Murray back in the lineup...this series is the total opposite of the Bolts series where there was a lot of skating and up and down play. This series is more of a trench war and Bouillon really, really struggles when the puck is down low. He often drifts and gets caught watching the puck and ignoring his assignments.

Whatever limitations Murray has, we know that down low, he knows how to use his body and strength to his advantage and it'll help up clear up a lot of the Bruins forwards in Price's crease.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Nope he didn't touch it at all.

851256409.gif

I need to practice that shot.:sarcasm:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
John Lu
Source

Good for MT to call out Julien's worn-out act.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
The start this series reminds me of the Capitals series a couple years back. Win game 1 in OT, come out to a nice lead in game 2 (Akost 2 goals) and blow it. Hopefully we can win the next one in Montreal.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Habs lines today

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek;
Bournival-Plekanec-Gallagher;
Briere-Eller-Gionta;
Moen-White-Weise

Gorges-Subban,
Emelin-Markov,
Murray-Weaver,

Bourque has the flu.

i thought bourque looked off saturday...probably was ill then.

hopefully he has his energy back, because he will need him if we're going to succeed.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You ignore momentum.............I dont.

Neither did Boston on Saturday.

On to the next game!!

I don't. I just don't think Thornton had anything to do with it, and Julien said the same thing.
McGuire just talked about the Thornton return and momentum change on TSN 2.
He being between the benches was well placed to note its impact.
It was nothing more than him telling his team they needed to score a goal every 5 minutes to send the game to OT. His return, the fan reaction to his return, getting that first goal, it doesn't take much.
The opposing bench can usually sense this but we didn't have a time out to try and deflate the situation. I seriously questioned MT's use of the time out early in the third. Plecky's line was on and they really weren't seriously gassed at the time. I could only think we're going to need this later on. :cry:

Oh, well, thank god for Thornton then! It's not like Boston was getting chances throughout the game or anything..
Nope, he came back, lifted the team up because he said ''we need to score!'', because the rest of the team had forgotten about that..

Julien himself said he doesn't think Thornton's return changed anything.
But sure yes. We should probably dress Parros.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Oddly enough, I think the Habs going back to Montreal tied might actually be a 'good' thing compared to 2-0.

I get that from the obvious point of view, being up 2-0 is better than being tied. However, I find the Habs play better and are more focused when their backs are against the wall.

Either way...I think this series is going 7 games.

I also don't think the Habs have played anywhere close to what is their best game. There's a lot of positive to retain from the 2 games in Boston that they can carry over to both games in MTL. The Habs will have last change and *should* be able to dictate the matchups.

Looking forward to seeing Murray back in the lineup...this series is the total opposite of the Bolts series where there was a lot of skating and up and down play. This series is more of a trench war and Bouillon really, really struggles when the puck is down low. He often drifts and gets caught watching the puck and ignoring his assignments.

Whatever limitations Murray has, we know that down low, he knows how to use his body and strength to his advantage and it'll help up clear up a lot of the Bruins forwards in Price's crease.

Murray has played 2 games in April, last one being the 10th. That's almost a month off playing. If the guys and coach say they felt their timing off after being away from the game for 10 days, I can only imagine what it will be like for Murray.
I think the Bruins players will have fun going on his side.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's not a given that Murray will even play... Therrien said not to take his practice lineup at face value.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Murray is a great asset at home. Why?

- Therrien has last change so Murray's can play sheltered minutes.
- In the Habs' own zone, Murray will clear the crease and protect Price better, especially when Chara is in front of the net.
- Forwards will tamper the post-whistle shenanigans.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Murray has played 2 games in April, last one being the 10th. That's almost a month off playing. If the guys and coach say they felt their timing off after being away from the game for 10 days, I can only imagine what it will be like for Murray.
I think the Bruins players will have fun going on his side.

Meh...I think there's something to be said for a guy who's been on the sideline and is likely itching to go.

But to be honest, whether it's Bouillon or Murray, it really doesn't matter to me. The game is not likely to be decided by either players' presence. As I mentioned, they both have big time limitations.

Sometimes you just have to change up the look...

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010

The only time you hear this superstitious mumbo jumbo is when a team doesn't have the talent to win. Barring that, being up 2-0 means something. What exactly...

THAT YOU'RE 2 GAMES CLOSER TO WINING THE SERIES

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
The only time you hear this superstitious mumbo jumbo is when a team doesn't have the talent to win. Barring that, being up 2-0 means something. What exactly...

And yet the LA Kings absolutely thrive when they are considered an underdog. It has nothing to do with superstitions. Some people simply perform better when the pressure is mounting.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Meh...I think there's something to be said for a guy who's been on the sideline and is likely itching to go.

But to be honest, whether it's Bouillon or Murray, it really doesn't matter to me. The game is not likely to be decided by either players' presence. As I mentioned, they both have big time limitations.

Sometimes you just have to change up the look...

I rather put in Beaulieu than Murray. If we're to make a change, might as well be a better one. I rather get someone in that can improve the puck movement, which means improved breakouts, not the opposite.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't. I just don't think Thornton had anything to do with it, and Julien said the same thing.

Oh, well, thank god for Thornton then! It's not like Boston was getting chances throughout the game or anything..
Nope, he came back, lifted the team up because he said ''we need to score!'', because the rest of the team had forgotten about that..

Julien himself said he doesn't think Thornton's return changed anything.
But sure yes. We should probably dress Parros.

Yeah like CJ would tell us if Thornton was his secret weapon :sarcasm: :laugh:

Someone posts about momentum swings.
McGuire backs up exactly what the poster stated but "you don't think" because Julien says...
Gimmee a Break.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Sigh...I knew that would happen

Has nothing to do with superstition, and again, I acknowledged in the VERY POST you quoted that being up 2-0 is obviously better than being tied.

HOWEVER, speaking strictly from a mental point of view...part of me likes the fact that the Habs are coming to Montreal tied in the series, they're not spending 2 days reading about how great they are for being up 2-0 vs. the mighty Bruins and swelling their heads up and putting up a dud in game 3 because well you know...they've already got a 2-0 lead

I just think there's more urgency because they're tied...not as much room for complacency

But again, obviously, give me the choice between both options...and i'll take the 2-0 lead every single time.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
And yet the LA Kings absolutely thrive when they are considered an underdog. It has nothing to do with superstitions. Some people simply perform better when the pressure is mounting.

Momentum is a funny animal...
You can have it lose it get it or never get it back.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The one fall back thank god is the absolute thievery of game one.
Can hang some hats on that at least.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I rather put in Beaulieu than Murray. If we're to make a change, might as well be a better one. I rather get someone in that can improve the puck movement, which means improved breakouts, not the opposite.

Well that's fair enough...but i'm not sure puck movement has been the problem for the Habs this series.

A big problem has been all of the traffic in front of Carey's net, take away that weird goal by Bergeron last game, and Price has stoned everything he's seen, he hasn't been beaten by a shot that he's seen. He's been beaten because the Bruins are stacking and staggering players in front of Price and the puck is finding its way around all of that and into Price's net.

Now Murray's presence alone won't be able to mitigate this factor, but it sure won't hurt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad