GDT: Game 3 | Stars @ Red Wings | 50% off beer!

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I love this blow it up after three games mentality.

Well, every game counts in a shortened season. Little room for error right now. And I have felt this way for a while. Why should guys like Cleary be playing ahead of Nyquist? Please tell me one good reason. It isn't helping us get better now or in the future. Makes absolutely no sense. And now Cola/Quincey/Huskins will be taking time from guys like Smith, Kindl, and Lashoff. Its extremely counterproductive.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Call me crazy, but I think Babs may have ran his course in Detroit. I guess we have to give it more time, but I had this feeling before the season even started.

You'll be amazed at what a good coach Babs is when he has solid talent. Our d is a joke and Z is not a top line center. Lots of square pegs being forced into round holes. Doesn't work very well or look very pretty.

Ken Holland lost Brian Rafalski, Nick Lidstrom, and Brad Stuart and replaced them with Ian White, Kyle Quincey and Kent Huskins.

Aug 6, 2012
You'll be amazed at what a good coach Babs is when he has solid talent. Our d is a joke and Z is not a top line center. Lots of square pegs being forced into round holes. Doesn't work very well or look very pretty.

Ken Holland lost Brian Rafalski, Nick Lidstrom, and Brad Stuart and replaced them with Ian White, Kyle Quincey and Kent Huskins.

No doubt he's a great coach. But his decisions give me the impression he's disinterested, not to mention the players as well.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Yes! Two shutouts out of three games. Send Brendan Smith and Gus Nyquist down to the A. Heck, send Brunner there too so they can play for a winner. Make Q our #1 d-man. Let's commit to getting a dominant d-man through the draft since we cannot acquire them via trades or free agency.

I'm a huge holland believer but........this might be our best option :cry::laugh:

EDIT: if this crap continues**

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
This isn't so bad since it's kind of expected, but still annoying to watch. Just blow it up if they will be this bad.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Franzen would be a great NBA player- he waits for the ref to get in-between him and the other guy, then goes after the other player like a crazed animal. Definitely an intimidating presence out there. :laugh:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Well, every game counts in a shortened season. Little room for error right now. And I have felt this way for a while. Why should guys like Cleary be playing ahead of Nyquist? Please tell me one good reason. It isn't helping us get better now or in the future. Makes absolutely no sense. And now Cola/Quincey/Huskins will be taking time from guys like Smith, Kindl, and Lashoff. Its extremely counterproductive.

Don't worry, the band wagoners will be gone soon enough. This isn't the team many of us have followed over the years. We accept that with little ability to rebuild through trades or free agency that acquiring an elite talent through the draft isn't something to be ashamed of. It's how Pittsburgh and Chicago rebuilt to become elite franchises. So there's no need to apologize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad