GDT: GAME 3 / Rangers v Penguins / 7:00PM EST, APRIL 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I think Dumo is a higher risk player right now. He is likely to make the same mistakes as DP, without bringing the dynamic offensive element DP does.

He's pretty raw and people don't seem to be noticing the assignments he keeps missing.

I didn't mean Dumo should play over Pouliot...I'm just saying Dumo needs experience and should play. Same with Pouliot.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
My worry with DP is that he won't play conservative, he'll cheat and make mistakes. I'm not sure which is the better alternative right now. Ideally, it'd be Ehrhoff back and Chorney taking the last spot.

His GA/60 since Letang was out was 5.82, and he was the playing sheltered minutes along with Chorney (whose GA/60 was 0). That doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

If he can stay from the halfboards out he'll be just fine. Like you said, not cheat.

Pouliot's passing will be a Godsend. That alone should have the Rangers going the wrong way.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hey, if Johnston actually played and relied on Bennett...I'd be all for playing him. But the fact is, he doesn't.

So they should sit him for someone who they will play. At this point, he's a waste of a roster spot...sad to say.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Personally, I don't think BB should be the one to sit, but it is what it is at this point.

Also, this ...

Thanks for sharing.

Steigy actually asked a good question.

He asked if there was a danger in coming home of getting out of the system that was working and trying to do too much. The answer was of course predictable, but it is the main question I have as well. If the Pens can resist the urge to put on a show and stick to what they have been doing they have their best chance to advance from this series.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Still say the Ehrhoff signing was smart at the time, but damn, it looks brutal now. This team could sorely use that 4 mil up front. At least he's only here until the end of the season.

Could be paying Dan Boyle similar money for another year. He looks terrible.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Hey, if Johnston actually played and relied on Bennett...I'd be all for playing him. But the fact is, he doesn't.

So they should sit him for someone who they will play. At this point, he's a waste of a roster spot...sad to say.

I get where you're coming from, and it is sad. I'm still pissed about the Despres trade ... knowing that the clown posse hydra plans on trading BB because one of the AssGM's just doesn't like him :madfire:

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
I get where you're coming from, and it is sad. I'm still pissed about the Despres trade ... knowing that the clown posse hydra plans on trading BB because one of the AssGM's just doesn't like him :madfire:

Yep. It's some ********.

le sigh

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Still say the Ehrhoff signing was smart at the time, but damn, it looks brutal now. This team could sorely use that 4 mil up front. At least he's only here until the end of the season.

The fact that it's only 1 year is great for us, though. And you have to figure it will end up being terrible for him. He'll still get a nice contract from someone this summer, but diminished from what he could have gotten last year from the highest bidder.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Would you feel better if it had been a forward that we had signed and who was injured and sitting out?

Injuries happen, to all times. Granted to us more than any other but still.

There are reasons to use hindsight on the Erhoff signing. I think that he was misused from the start for one as the most obvious part of his game is that booming shot on the PP. But because he is injured is not one of them. We definately could use a healthy Erhoff right now.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

It was always a terrible signing, and if you went back to last summer you will see that many here said so.

Another soft PMD for a team that needed to get younger and stronger (which also means CHEAPER).

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No it doesn't. Its just doenst.

Great rebuttal. Good substance. Well said.

There is nothing wrong with a rookie struggling, but DP was just a hot mess towards the last couple games. Chorney is outplaying him by miles with consistency. DP, in my opinion, has all the tools to be great but he has really struggled before his injury.

And for Ehrhoff, what has the guy done all year? Please see my post regarding transition on page 2 for further explanation as to why it makes our defense worse.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I don't think they hate, BB. I think they don't trust BB right now, and that's a huge difference from not liking him. They could easily just stay the course with him. He's no scrub to give up on.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I missed game 2 but is there any reason why Bennett and Downie only played 5 minutes each?

Penalties didn't help either. Neither are PP or PK guys. Downie is a penalty liability to be honest at this point. Stands to reason why they got low minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad