systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
pensrags.jpg

series.jpg

roster-f.jpg

roster-d.jpg

rangersros.jpg

*** will be updated pending injuries updates.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
refs.jpg

I do not know if Erhoff or Pouliot are going to play. I do not know if Malkin or Perron are over whatever has been ailing them

However I do know with 100% certainty what's gonna happen with the refs and the Pens. Or more to the Pens.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wait, is Spaling Ralphie's, from A Christmas Story, Dad?

That's awesome.

If the team starts to believe in each other, the playoff outlook could be in for a rustle. Crosby seems fired up, Malkin is trying to get there and the Rangers can barely handle Crosby as it is, let alone the other beast waking up.

I just want the Penguins to continue not yelling at the refs, just keep playing, hopefully the refs just let up and start calling the countless ******** things the Rangers do, penalties because you know...they are penalties.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
I'm going to continue just not having expectations of anything good and be happier for it. 3-0 rangers wouldn't surprise me. Officiating hasn't been great in some of the other series either,as expected. I suppose there never has been any consistency in what they decide to call or not. That's why the "let the players decide it' mentality is so popular since it's hard to screw up a high sticking or delay of game penalty.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm going to continue just not having expectations of anything good and be happier for it. 3-0 rangers wouldn't surprise me. Officiating hasn't been great in some of the other series either,as expected. I suppose there never has been any consistency in what they decide to call or not. That's why the "let the players decide it' mentality is so popular since it's hard to screw up a high sticking or delay of game penalty.

I think that part of it is that Lunqvist was working the ref a lot during each game.

CBM06DiVEAAji8f.jpg:large

All kidding aside, until this year I always said that bad calls happen, they even out over the course of a series and especially over the course of the year, and that good teams overcome them. This year though? Not a single game since October did the Pens get those calls their way that evened things out. I have never seen anything like it, and judging from quotes from the players, from the media, from Kerry Frasier, neither have they. If this is about Downie isn't it time to let it go already? He played all of five minutes the last game. You won refs, we surrender.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
Great GDT!

I have a fear that they want to put a show in front of the Consol crowd, but then again, if they can stick to the basics and continue negating the bylsmaic proportioned stretch pass scheme AV is running, these fruits will be ripe for picking. Sid needs to continue from where he left at MSG, though.

I have a problem with hockey reporters about Sid's first goal in Game 2. Virtually everywhere I have looked it's been said that Sid banged in the rebound and I'd love to see people FOR ONCE see and admit the absolutely brilliant pass Hörnqvist slipped at Sid after his initial conversion was denied. That sorts of small things are which make Hörnqvist even much better player than he already is.

Last edited:

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Awesome GDT :handclap: . Do not know what to expect tonight, but at least the last game has instilled some hope in me. If they play a structured game and the refs stop being inconsistent, with a little luck they can definitely take it. Looking for Malkin (if physically possible) and especially Perron to up their game. If that happens, the Rangers could be in trouble, but damn that line-up, it looks so scary on paper. Even during the last game they showed that ability to be dangerous out of nowhere. Our D needs to on guard at all times.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Can't imagine what kind of game we'll see tonight. We could win or get blown out and neither would surprise me. At least that's more hope than I expected to have going into game 3.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I have a problem with hockey reporters about Sid's second goal in Game 2. Virtually everywhere I have looked it's been said that Sid banged in the rebound and I'd love to see people FOR ONCE see and admit the absolutely brilliant pass Hörnqvist slipped at Sid after his initial conversion was denied. That sorts of small things are which make Hörnqvist even much better player than he already is.

That was Sid's 1st goal. On the 2nd goal he overcame heavy parity from the Ranger defender who was legally draped all over him as Sid went for an undisciplined dive to the ice.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Thanks guys!

Wait, is Spaling Ralphie's, from A Christmas Story, Dad?

That's awesome.

If the team starts to believe in each other, the playoff outlook could be in for a rustle. Crosby seems fired up, Malkin is trying to get there and the Rangers can barely handle Crosby as it is, let alone the other beast waking up.

I just want the Penguins to continue not yelling at the refs, just keep playing, hopefully the refs just let up and start calling the countless ******** things the Rangers do, penalties because you know...they are penalties.

He is. Good eye!

Yeah, they gotta keep doing what they've been doing the last game. I'm gonna continue watching without expecting anything. The crap end of the regular season has helped me prepare myself. I'm taking it easy this year, not gonna get so frustrated over games. Or at least try not to.

LGP.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Awesome GDT!

Who are Blake Comeau and Paul Martin?

I had no idea who to put for them, so it was a random bald guy and random blonde guy, also known as Hank from Breaking Bad and Tate from American Horror Story. Dumo and Chorney's were random too, I just put whatever I liked. :laugh:

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
I had no idea who to put for them, so it was a random bald guy and random blonde guy, also known as Hank from Breaking Bad and Tate from American Horror Story. Dumo and Chorney's were random too, I just put whatever I liked. :laugh:

OK, thanks

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
rofl at Spaling haha. One of my fav GDTs, good stuff.

Holy **** though if we win this game. Like, every game matters so much to us, but going up 2-1 with another home game on Wednesday, we become the favorites and the confidence and momentum we would hold with be so powerful.

LETS ****ING GO

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Talking about the refs. Yes, they´ve been awful. Against us all year long. Yes, they were against us again in NY again. But despite the huge difference in PP opportunities, I don´t think that all is black & white in this case. At least 8-9 of those 12 calls against us were good calls. Yes, the Rangers could´ve been penalized more. But we´ve scored 2 PP goals last game and both came as a result of phantom calls against NY. Normally, I would´ve expected more make-up calls or not calling some penalties when the difference in PPs is so huge already, BUT the bottom line is that the Pens are not disciplined enough.

The PPs are 12-5 in favour of the Rangers now. If the refs were calling the game 50-50, I would say that it should´ve been something like 10-6 in favour of the Rangers. So, it´s not as brutal as it seems.

That said, we will see what happens in PIT when it comes to officiating. I´m not very optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad