GDT: GAME 3 / Rangers v Penguins / 7:00PM EST, APRIL 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Is this bench management?

Outside of Scuderi, who has the most-flattering -2 for these playoffs I've ever seen, not sure what MJ can do to max out this roster in-game.

"This nebulous concept I've been talking about endlessly to sound clever will be the cause of something inevitable." - Kirk

Granted, he may have been discussing the few drawbacks to his fantasy scenario of Mike Keenan playing Crosby and injured Malkin 40 minutes each.

VirginiaBob

TradingSystemsGroup
I don't feel as bad about losing this year since it was pretty much expected. Before they beat buffalo, what were they like 4W 19L or something like that. Heck, they could barely win 4 games out of 25 against since some of the lesser teams. You really think they were going to win 4 out of 7 against the President's trophy winners? Other years I expected nothing other than the cup.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
The reaction when you realize this team was 0-18-5 when trailing after 2 and the Rangers were 36-0-1.
Twitch-1420553380.gif

Hey, those stats can't keep up forever :laugh:

Kovifan27

Jan 17, 2012
Philly, PA
To be fair Pens took 2nd most minors in hockey while the Rangers were 24th....so these penalty stats seem to match the playoffs.

with that said, I agree refs have been terrible this series.

You guys gotta relax, this is going 7. rangers can never shut down a team 2 games in a row. They like to make it hard on themselves.

Why are people allowed to have alt accounts?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The problems are staring us right in the ****ing face. Scuderi is terrible. Kunitz is too old and can't hang anymore. Lovejoy isn't a top-6 defenseman. Cole can't carry a pairing. Sutter is invisible again. The 2nd line has nobody that can play with Malkin CURRENTLY IN THE LINEUP. Martin doesn't give a **** because he's already 1 foot out the door.
and we have guys playing hurt......their not helping at all.....sit em down and bring up the kids and let them play......we may still lose but it would be fun to see.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Sid is having an off game? Huh?

Well, okay. He's not having an inhumanly good game which we need to win right now.

I'm tired of people saying the Pens lack effort or systems or whatever. None of that is true this series or this season. What we lack is skill. Our bottom six is Edmonton level and our top six has completely fallen apart this season with no Dupuis, Kunitz losing what hands he had, and Perron falling off a cliff.

You can harp on effort and systems all you want but you still have to ultimately have good enough players to win hockey games, and we don't. Not with Geno banged up. The Pens are Sid and Fleury and then occasionally Sutter or Hornqvist have big games. Not enough depth to do anything.

Stop calling it effort because that's not it. It's just a bad hockey team with no skill or talent.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Is this bench management?

Outside of Scuderi, who has the most-flattering -2 for these playoffs I've ever seen, not sure what MJ can do to max out this roster in-game.

He's single-handedly neutering our 2nd line. Perron is trash right now. Try anything besides him with Malkin. Don't play Scuderi ever outside of a PK. I swear every shift Malkin has, he's playing in front of Scuderi-Cole. He's already having enough problems, you don't need to make it worse. Cole may be fine paired with a different defenseman, but he can't carry an anchor. Put Sid and Geno out there more. They need a spark on offense.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Consol is poisoned, we just suck at that building. Honestly, I would rather play all playoffs games on the road, if possible. We came home with a momentum, or we were supposed to and what happens?? Pathetic effort.

Our 2nd line is embarrassing. Geno, I´m looking at you, too. Injured, yeah, for sure. But there were injured superstars playing in the playoffs before, yet they were producing at least something. Geno generates zero right now. It doesn´t help that he´s playing with 2 bad players, but still. If this is all we can expect from him, then no thanks..

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
if scuderi were a scientologist he'd never have to worry about going clear

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah.

Effort especially.

Perron aside, this is NOT a group that doesn't work. Whatever else you might be able to say about them, that they aren't trying isn't a criticism that has even a germ of truth to it.

I think Perron is injured, so I have trouble agreeing that effort is his issue.

But yeah, effort is the very least of their problems. Doesn't matter how hard you try, when you don't have anyone on defense who can transition and a total of 2 guys who are legitimate threats to score, you're going to have a hard time.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He's single-handedly neutering our 2nd line. Perron is trash right now. Try anything besides him with Malkin. Don't play Scuderi ever outside of a PK. I swear every shift Malkin has, he's playing in front of Scuderi-Cole. He's already having enough problems, you don't need to make it worse. Cole may be fine paired with a different defenseman, but he can't carry an anchor. Put Sid and Geno out there more. They need a spark on offense.

JR and Shero did more to neuter Malkin than MJ has.

There have been plenty of line combinations with Malkin. Downie is best off in a limited role. Who would you promote?

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
He's okay in this one. I just mean generally they don't lose because they've been out worked.

Perron has been guilty of shifts off since he got here. Often.

Enough is enough though. Perron has to show up in these games. The guy hasn't scored in like forever.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
If I am Bennett, I bust my butt in the off season get in the best shape. Then kill it in pre-season and assuming MJ is back ask for a trade and tell him to eat sh**. Whipping boy when there are at least six players who could care less. Shame.

crawz87

Mar 18, 2010
One thing I really hate about HCMJ is that he never puts Malkin and Crosby together occasionally to spark the team. Always following the same structure like a robot... even when everyone is clearly lacking energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad