GDT: GAME 3 / Rangers v Penguins / 7:00PM EST, APRIL 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
If he's hurt then he shouldn't be playing. If you can't skate and keep up then you shouldn't be on the ice. That is on him and the coaches. He's dragging down his line being out there and the top PP.

I don't think you can sit him. You can be smarter with his minutes though.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Malkin is hurt, what's new. He is always hurt. For me, he will never be the player he was in 2009. This core nonsense is going by the way of the titanic.

Chraa

May 9, 2009
Stockholm
If there is any karma for all these smug rags fans gloating about beating a ravaged team the penguins will win this game. I'm not optimistic though

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
The 1st and 4th lines have been good to decent. I'd probably mix and match Sutter and Malkin's lines.

I don't see moving Malkin up with Sid helping at this point. You need to create a dangerous line away from Sid to take advantage of matchups.

Not popular, but I'd put Malkin on wing with Sutter. It produced early in the season. Granted it wasn't exactly from a ton of chemistry.

Either way, try something. No line outside of the 1st is actually dangerous right now. The 4th is creating some zone time, but that's about it. We need some more offensive pressure when Sid isn't on the ice. The momentum just dies when any line but those 2 are out there.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
If he's hurt then he shouldn't be playing. If you can't skate and keep up then you shouldn't be on the ice. That is on him and the coaches. He's dragging down his line being out there and the top PP.
I don't think anything is on Malkin, if he is cleared to play that's not on him. What hockey player is gonna say no I won't go even if the trainers/docs say he's good to go. Malkin should be getting limited ice time at the most which is a coaching thing.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria
Just so tough to see Malkin not at 100%. It's clear he wants to take over a game...but you can see he just can't. Tough to watch.

2 goals isn't the end of the world. This could be a 5-6 to 0 blowout. It's not. We've played them decent. Not our best game but it still proves we can hang and have a chance.

Put him on Crosby's wing to take that pressure off.

Its a pretty even game ATM should be tied. It happens. Just gotta keep coming.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
The alternative is an AHLer. I think Malkin at 25% is probably still better than putting in Andrew Ebbett or whoever the replacement would be.

Go with 7 defensemen and allow our D to take shorter shifts so they aren't dragging ass out there and are physically unable to carry the puck up the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad