GDT: GAME 3 / Rangers v Penguins / 7:00PM EST, APRIL 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
"Bench management is going to cost us at least a game in the playoffs"

- Kirk

Is this bench management?

Outside of Scuderi, who has the most-flattering -2 for these playoffs I've ever seen, not sure what MJ can do to max out this roster in-game.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I dont know why the Rangers are playing so slow. Not looking like the regular season team. No jump, no flying through neutral zone, its all so calculated.

I dont know why you fans are mad about the officiating. The one thing that's always killed the Rangers momentum is the powerplay. Most fans wish we could defer powerplays.

all the other series have quick goals, quick lead changes, big hitting..exciting hockey. I usually go out for all the games, after game 1 I've stayed home for the last two, easier to just roll over and go to sleep after the snoozefest.

You don't understand why we're upset over several calls on pretty innocuous plays? Really? **** you see a dozen times a game go uncalled, suddenly called nonstop against the Penguins while the officials miss the same variety against the Rangers? :laugh:

Alright then.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
This series is why the NHL will never challenge the top 3 sports. You let scrubs drape themselves over your most marketable player and the refs do nothing. ****ing pathetic.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Outside of Scuderi, who has the most-flattering -2 for these playoffs I've ever seen, not sure what MJ can do to max out this roster in-game.

I agree. Everyone complaining about coaching or effort is ignoring the real issue in my opinion. This just isn't a well-constructed team.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
can they play any worse, I mean what changed, down two goals and they are not even pretending to be agressive. on PP we saw that Chorney is your best option yet still he brings Martin, f.... Martin to bring to puck up (Thank you you hockey guru dejan Kovacevic), I mean Martin should never ever see one second on the PP. don't go with perron he just cannot do anything, stop the blood gushing out of the wound for crying out loud

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Jeez how many times will the Pens skate right into a collapsing defense. Right down the middle...

So frigging annoying.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Theres literally no wingers bringing it outside of Horny right now. Geno-Sid-Horny, i'd trot out for 10 minutes in the 3rd and pray.

OverratedStepan*

Yeah, we shouldn't complain about a 7-2 PP differential and blatant non calls and phantom calls game 1 and refs outright deciding outcomes of a game, because you guys are terrible on the PP and it doesn't affect the other team at all.

cmon they deserved at least 6 of those 7 penalties. Rangers had most puck possession that game, possession causes penalties. A lot of errant high sticks by pens, that's just random.

tonight yeah. refs are terrible. missing obvious calls, calling ticky tacky stuff.

but hey Bettman says the NHL officiating has been fantastic so what do we fans know. :sarcasm:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Well that was a tragic PP. I know one thing. We have to get a lot quicker in the summer. This team is extremely slow.

The problems are staring us right in the ****ing face. Scuderi is terrible. Kunitz is too old and can't hang anymore. Lovejoy isn't a top-6 defenseman. Cole can't carry a pairing. Sutter is invisible again. The 2nd line has nobody that can play with Malkin CURRENTLY IN THE LINEUP. Martin doesn't give a **** because he's already 1 foot out the door.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Lol so like the season as a whole - the Pens cannot consistently put it together. The team as a whole is bad. No effort.

Geno is the hottest of messes right now. He's really bad.

It's not effort. We're just bad right now, and Malkin is banged up.

If we do anything it's on Crosby and Fleury pretty much and unfortunately Sid is having an off game. MAF has been good at least

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
I love how during intermission they focus on the Pens penalties but completely ignore both ranger penalties that directly led to their goals.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
cmon they deserved at least 6 of those 7 penalties. Rangers had most puck possession that game, possession causes penalties. A lot of errant high sticks by pens, that's just random.

tonight yeah. refs are terrible. missing obvious calls, calling ticky tacky stuff.

but hey Bettman says the NHL officiating has been fantastic so what do we fans know. :sarcasm:
go back to your own boards dude

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I love how during intermission they focus on the Pens penalties but completely ignore both ranger penalties that directly led to their goals.

I found that funny. The penalties we took are far from the problem in this game.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
The reaction when you realize this team was 0-18-5 when trailing after 2 and the Rangers were 36-0-1.
Twitch-1420553380.gif

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I agree. Everyone complaining about coaching or effort is ignoring the real issue in my opinion. This just isn't a well-constructed team.

Yeah.

Effort especially.

Perron aside, this is NOT a group that doesn't work. Whatever else you might be able to say about them, that they aren't trying isn't a criticism that has even a germ of truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad