Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Pens v. Bruins | Let's turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpenguins6630

Apr 13, 2004
I see it this way...

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Jokinen-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Martin
Orpik-Niskanen
Murray-Després

Fleury in net

We need to put the bets line up on the ice and the more energy.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I get changing lines to mix it up, but if we can't produce at all and our STARS are the ones not showing up, messing with chemistry (or familiarity if chemistry is shot right now) seems like it could backfire

It won't backfire because the top six literally can't play any worse.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I see it this way...

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Jokinen-Vitale-Adams

Letang-Martin
Orpik-Niskanen
Murray-Després

Fleury in net

We need to put the bets line up on the ice and the more energy.

Morrow is not sitting and Fleury will not be in net...Bylsma praised Vokoun quite a bit and didn't blame him for anything, so he'll be there.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
We are now in Steeler playoff mode. That means we have to watch games as if we were watching Steeler playoff games. Life or death. If you view it this way, it is much easier on the psyche.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
I think DB's new lines will be:

Dupuis - Kunitz - Crosby
Neal - Iginla - Malkin
Kennedy - Morrow - Sutter
Vitale - Bennett - Jokinen

Sounds about left.... err right...:sarcasm:

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
I don't think penns gotta mix up top lines, put vokoun in net and play like you played ottawa and boston in start of game 1. It works just fine, run them over and over again.

After that first loss they lost their mojo, they just gotta find it.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Too much bridge jumping last game.

Bottom line:

Penguins outplayed the Bruins in game 1. Got the ****** end of the stick all night.

Got blown out in game 2. That sucked.

Series could and should legitimately be tied up 1-1 right now. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, I know. Let's see a 2 - 1 series at the end of tomorrow night.

2 - 1 is anybody's series.

i'm usually an optimist with the pens but do you honestly see this team winning 4 of the next 5 games against the same team that is outscoring them 9-1 and knows positional play?

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Morrow-Vitale-Bennett

Orpik-Martin
Eaton-Letang (or Despres instead of Eaton)
Murray-Niskanen

Vokoun in net.

IMO, those are the lines that give us the best chance to win a hockey game. Jokinen hasn't been impressive, not his fault, he's not bottom 6 material. Craig Adams hardly brings anything to this team other than PK ability which we have in the lineup. I think Eaton and Despres are better than Engelland.

And the top 9 I listed speaks for itself.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I think DB's new lines will be:

Dupuis - Kunitz - Crosby
Neal - Iginla - Malkin
Kennedy - Morrow - Sutter
Vitale - Bennett - Jokinen

Sounds about left.... err right...:sarcasm:

LMAO :D.

With DB....you could end up with anything....

What about something like this?
Morrow - Crosby - Iginla
Cooke - Malkin - Neal

At least we'll have guys running to the net....no cycle though :P.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
LMAO :D.

With DB....you could end up with anything....

What about something like this?
Morrow - Crosby - Iginla
Cooke - Malkin - Neal

At least we'll have guys running to the net....no cycle though :P.

I still hate that less than what we're currently using :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Rich Miller @PensBender
I wonder what Ray Shero's kids think of the way Bylsma is (not) using Jarome Iginla.

Rich Miller @PensBender
Bylsma could put Iginla on the 4th line playing center between Kennedy and Glass and he'd still rather be in Pittsburgh though.

Don't give him any ideas.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I thought it might be a good idea to stop dwelling on the loss and look forward to the next game.

A lot of questions are on hand:

1.) Who will start in net? Better be Vokoun so help me God...

2.) Will the line changes Dan is making be the right ones? lmao

3.) Does Dan let the rookies play? Really? Obvious answer is obvious

4.) Will our PP look like the one that was working at a 36% rate? Will Iggy be on it? Yeah... no

5.) Can we simplify our game on the road? Can a leopard change its spots?

Should be interesting. I don't think this team goes down without a fight.

See above.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
I've posted pre-game in 5 GDT's this post-season. each of which we have lost, so as long as I don't post anything before the game starts, we'll win.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
I'm still debating whether or not I want to watch this one. I don't have cable so I have to watch at bars and the games start right as I get off work, so I invariably wind up eating there. So basically I need to ask myself if I really want to spend $10 or so to see a potential heartbreaking disaster when it's already a semi-bad week. I've got other things I could/should work on, too. Maybe this is a good time to take a step back, breathe, and see what happens.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
I'm still debating whether or not I want to watch this one. I don't have cable so I have to watch at bars and the games start right as I get off work, so I invariably wind up eating there. So basically I need to ask myself if I really want to spend $10 or so to see a potential heartbreaking disaster when it's already a semi-bad week. I've got other things I could/should work on, too. Maybe this is a good time to take a step back, breathe, and see what happens.

Just go in a Bruins shirt... you probably won't be disappointed :sarcasm:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Yeah... I posted this in another thread but that's basically my MO, tomorrow. Already been a stressful week. Gonna char some animal flesh, drink some booze, light a fire and play some music. You know... fun.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Can only imagine Iggys mind during the handshake...gota be worse than Hossa in 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad