Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Pens v. Bruins | Let's turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Well the 14-87-18 12-71-9 thing drove me crazy because the wingers were correctly paired, but with the wrong center, and Iggy was still a left wing.

Like trying 14-87-12 9-71-18 would have even made more sense.

But you're exactly right. These guys are professionals, and should be able to handle getting moved down to the third line. The thing is, if Dan puts together the right combos, our third line would be better than a lot of teams' second.

It worked for the 30 seconds they were together for, so think bout a game with the right centers.

Morrow handled it beautifully, I think Dupuis of all people can too.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Those two words would make quite the obituary for the last three playoffs, with a fourth pending.

:laugh: I've said that phrase and the word 'lines' way too many times.

It worked for the 30 seconds they were together for, so think bout a game with the right centers.

Morrow handled it beautifully, I think Dupuis of all people can too.

Exactly on both counts.

And in my dream scenario Morrow and Duper would be on the same line, and they genuinely seemed to enjoy playing together. I remember Morrow being interviewed and talking about the chemistry that they had built after only two or three games.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Exactly on both counts.

And in my dream scenario Morrow and Duper would be on the same line, and they genuinely seemed to enjoy playing together. I remember Morrow being interviewed and talking about the chemistry that they had built after only two or three games.

I'm guessing that you've got a shortcut function on your keyboard, though, yes? :D

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010

Exactly on both counts.

Maybe if he puts them with JJ, they bring back that amazing chemistry they had for about 5 games. Dupuis pushes Morrow, and he seemed to love it

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I thought it might be a good idea to stop dwelling on the loss and look forward to the next game.

A lot of questions are on hand:

1.) Who will start in net?

2.) Will the line changes Dan is making be the right ones?

3.) Does Dan let the rookies play?

4.) Will our PP look like the one that was working at a 36% rate?

5.) Can we simplify our game on the road?

Should be interesting. I don't think this team goes down without a fight.

Let me add #6:

Does Malkin get to play 20 minutes in regulation time for the first time all series?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
My biggest fear at this point is that Bylsma thinks, "hey, Tanner Glass scored 100% of the time he was on the powerplay!" and reasons that it is the cure for all of our ills.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
I miss the days when Glass was the reason we weren't going to win the cup

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'm guessing that you've got a shortcut function on your keyboard, though, yes? :D

Obviously :laugh:

Maybe if he puts them with JJ, they bring back that amazing chemistry they had for about 5 games. Dupuis pushes Morrow, and he seemed to love it

Yepp. I should go find one of the post game threads after a game they played together to reminisce about how much we all loved that line lol

http://instagram.com/p/aJ8MAbupPG/

What does it say on the bottom board?

Edit: Comeback.

They look like they got it right away, only the head was drawn. :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

Yepp. I should go find one of the post game threads after a game they played together to reminisce about how much we all loved that line lol

Part of me thinks that they didn't guess it that quickly and that the frame and head symbolises two - two games etc.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
lol hangman...lol...**** me...everything about this series from the week break to the ****storms in games 1 & 2 have been so surreal...i wana wake up and start the real series

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010

It was amazing, we were raving bout that line come playoff time...

Or they were too stupid, and Bylsma put em out of their misery...

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Maybe use all of our older and slower veterans and let them play a role in the bottom six and flood the top six with speed.
Dupuis-Crosby-Jokinen
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Iginla
Kunitz-Vitale-Cooke

This is obviously a pipe dream, but it would be interesting.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
I get changing lines to mix it up, but if we can't produce at all and our STARS are the ones not showing up, messing with chemistry (or familiarity if chemistry is shot right now) seems like it could backfire

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Beau needs back in the lineup in a top 9 role. Dupuis needs to be with Sutter. Iggy on RW.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Maybe use all of our older and slower veterans and let them play a role in the bottom six and flood the top six with speed.
Dupuis-Crosby-Jokinen
Bennett-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Sutter-Iginla
Kunitz-Vitale-Cooke

This is obviously a pipe dream, but it would be interesting.

I posted this lineup because I think the 3rd and 4th lines would be a cycling nightmare for the Bruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad