Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Pens v. Bruins | Let's turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I thought it might be a good idea to stop dwelling on the loss and look forward to the next game.

A lot of questions are on hand:

1.) Who will start in net?

2.) Will the line changes Dan is making be the right ones?

3.) Does Dan let the rookies play?

4.) Will our PP look like the one that was working at a 36% rate?

5.) Can we simplify our game on the road?

Should be interesting. I don't think this team goes down without a fight.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

Vokoun

no.

one of Bennett and Despres at most. certainly not both.

PP will look atrocious but will hit 1/4 at a critically decisive juncture, proving fodder for innumerable arguments.

yes.

GaryT

Jun 2, 2013
Vokoun will probably start. I think some rookies will play and Dan will make some good decisions.

90% sure we win this.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Vokoun

no.

one of Bennett and Despres at most. certainly not both.

PP will look atrocious but will hit 1/4 at a critically decisive juncture, proving fodder for both sides.

yes.

I like these answers.

Especially number 5.
Simplifying our defensive game and strategy will get us back in this series and not just forwards playing better and "getting to our game".

It should be "get to a game that can beat the Bruins." and we give ourselves a chance.

ETA:

I'd play our own trap game and go with

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

and if Iginla doesn't look good, push Bennett up.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Vokoun (so help me Xenu, Bylsma)
He'll fluke into one or two.
I'm actually going to say that he does. Definitely Bennett and probably Despres. Just to **** with everyone and to prove a point/Hail Mary.
Probably not, but one can hope. He might accidentally correct it, or panic and do it.
Yes.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I thought it might be a good idea to stop dwelling on the loss and look forward to the next game.

1) Vokoun

2) Only if a line is 14-71-18

3) Bennett plays

4) Not unless Iginla is on the #1

5) We play our best hockey on the road

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
1) Vokoun

2) Only if a line is 14-71-18

3) Bennett plays

4) Not unless Iginla is on the #1

5) We play our best hockey on the road

I'll take 14-87-12 and 19-71-18. But, fear not. These 'changes' coming will be to the third and fourth lines, not the two lines that need it even more.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

6) What tactical adjustments will Bylsma make?

7) Will Bylsma try to chase any matchups or mix things up with Sid and/or Geno to do so?

Anyone . . . anyone . . .

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
Too much bridge jumping last game.

Bottom line:

Penguins outplayed the Bruins in game 1. Got the ****** end of the stick all night.

Got blown out in game 2. That sucked.

Series could and should legitimately be tied up 1-1 right now. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, I know. Let's see a 2 - 1 series at the end of tomorrow night.

2 - 1 is anybody's series.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I'll take 14-87-12 and 19-71-18. But, fear not. These 'changes' coming will be to the third and fourth lines, not the two lines that need it even more.

No, the fact that neither one of those guys has offense is cause for worry and both need a change means it'll happen

Last edited:

GarrettC

Feb 1, 2009
We will be coming back to Pittsburgh with the series knotted at two games a piece. Woooo!

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
No, the fact that neither one of those guys has offense is cause for worry and both need a change

I hope Dan sees it.

And I hope his answer isn't the brief 14-87-18 12-71-9 we saw.

Seriously. What the hell was that?

Maybe someone finally told Dan how Toronto caused Boston problems by spreading out their top 9 and he'll move Dupuis down and let Beau or Morrow play with Malkin and Neal.

I said before that I'd even be interested in seeing 19-87-12

But really, as long as 14-87-9 and 12-71-18 are both broken up I'll be moderately happy.

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
Well what can we say boys. Adversity. We were going to face it eventually and what a better time than now. Lemiuex did it. Almost the exact same score totals so far as the 0-2 with Washington. What a better time to get back in it then at Boston's home ice and deflate their audience. What a statement that would be. Plus, it looks as if Disco is making some changes. The only annoying thing is he dosen't make changes until his job is on the line. I like the changes he is making by putting a forward around the crease. Posts and mot putting in rebounds have destroyed us. All he needs to do is get some defensive structure and we have a chance. All in boys and whatever happens I love our team. Just play with pride.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I like the suggestion some have made that this team play like they did during the 2011 season without Sid and Geno. They need to play as if they have no talent whatsoever on the team. Can't win this series with this pond hockey **** we've been seeing. Enough is enough and it's time for a change!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I hope Dan sees it.

Maybe someone finally told Dan how Toronto caused Boston problems by spreading out their top 9 and he'll move Dupuis down and let Beau or Morrow play with Malkin and Neal.

But really, as long as 14-87-9 and 12-71-18 are both broken up I'll be moderately happy.

And I hope to win the lottery. ;)

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I hope Dan sees it.

Those are basically the keys to winning, spread our riches. We're here to win a Cup, not keep people happy at this point

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I won't be able to see the game as I'm up early in the morning but I can't see us winning sadly.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Those are basically the keys to winning, spread our riches. We're here to win a Cup, not keep people happy at this point

Well the 14-87-18 12-71-9 thing drove me crazy because the wingers were correctly paired, but with the wrong center, and Iggy was still a left wing.

Like trying 14-87-12 9-71-18 would have even made more sense.

But you're exactly right. These guys are professionals, and should be able to handle getting moved down to the third line. The thing is, if Dan puts together the right combos, our third line would be better than a lot of teams' second.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well the 14-87-18 12-71-9 thing drove me crazy because the wingers were correctly paired, but with the wrong center, and Iggy was still a left wing.

Like trying 14-87-12 9-71-18 would have even made more sense.

But you're exactly right. These guys are professionals, and should be able to handle getting moved down to the third line. The thing is, if Dan puts together the right combos, our third line would be better than a lot of teams' second.

Those two words would make quite the obituary for the last three playoffs, with a fourth pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad