Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Pens v. Bruins | Let's turn this around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Name a game Vokoun has "stolen" this playoffs. My point was Fleury has shown he can do it in the past, and past would theoretically include beyond these playoffs. I'm just not convinced Vokoun has the ability to do it.

Fleury hasn't showed anything in over 3 years. He's done here and that's it!

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Here's the problem though: Sid's been just bad. But, Geno was absolutely flying in game one. Came out flying in game two. And, it was STRETCH PASS, STRETCH PASS, STRETCH PASS, and STRETCH PASS, with IGGY FLUB, IGGY FLUB, and IGGY FLUB in between. So, you're going balls to the wall against a great team that is cheating to take away what you're going to do because they know your team is going to do it. It's hard enough to ask Sid or Geno to go God mode and overcome the Bruins. You're asking them to go God mode and overcome the Bruins AND Bylsma. It's only instinctive for a player, any player, to at some point say 'this is horse****' and let up, which is what IMO happened to Malkin in the second on Monday after Iginla's fourth flubbed one touch pass in like a 4-5 minute span.

I don't disagree with any of that, I'm just being realistic here. The odds of Geno or Sid going God mode and taking over despite Bylsma are way better than the odds of Bylsma doing something to help either one of them at this point.

As for Crosby, I'm not sure what to make of his first two games. I don't know if his conditioning is catching up to him from the time off or if there's some psychological hang-up about not having the shield anymore or what. Either way, this series is over tonight if he doesn't snap out of it.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Game 6 against the Isles, Pens honestly had no business winning that one.

Any time your team has to score 5 goals to win, your goalie did not STEAL you a game, he may have helped, but STEALING implies that player single handidly WON you the game, Vokoun let in 4 goals, he played as good as he needed to... for us to win.

Ofcourse you can always use a logical fallacy and say "Well if MAF was in net, he would've let in...like a hundred goals!"

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Any time your team has to score 5 goals to win, your goalie did not STEAL you a game, he may have helped, but STEALING implies that player single handidly WON you the game, Vokoun let in 4 goals, he played as good as he needed to... for us to win.

Ofcourse you can always use a logical fallacy and say "Well if MAF was in net, he would've let in...like a hundred goals!"

The final score was 4-3. We watching the same games?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I don't disagree with any of that, I'm just being realistic here. The odds of Geno or Sid going God mode and taking over despite Bylsma are way better than the odds of Bylsma doing something to help either one of them at this point.

As for Crosby, I'm not sure what to make of his first two games. I don't know if his conditioning is catching up to him from the time off or if there's some psychological hang-up about not having the shield anymore or what. Either way, this series is over tonight if he doesn't snap out of it.

1. That's a sad but wholly accurate statement.

2. If the last six playoffs have shown anything, it's that God mode can overcome the opposition, but not your own coach too. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad