GDT: Game 3: Oilers @ Coyotes // 15 Oct 14 // 7:30pm // FSA

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Let's get a win. Anything short is just an embarrassment.

Nice GDT.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Just depends on which oilers are able to play. If it's the same set, we should be able to grab two points. If they get a few guys back, they're not really worse than us. They've got an equally effective on paper roster with a much crappier coach. That's a difference of a few lucky bounces here or there.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
"Oilers coach Dallas Eakins said they will recall another goalie in time for their game at the Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday." -NHL.com

cobra427

May 6, 2012
"Oilers coach Dallas Eakins said they will recall another goalie in time for their game at the Arizona Coyotes on Wednesday." -NHL.com

Barbs anyone? I think the Kings finally decided to show up, and well, the Oilers are still the Oilers. Hopefully, the Coyotes play hard, and most important is Smiths play. If so, we should win, but you never know. It will be interesting if Tip can get a consistent effort from game to game out of the club, versus last years sporadic effort and play from game to game.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just depends on which oilers are able to play. If it's the same set, we should be able to grab two points. If they get a few guys back, they're not really worse than us. They've got an equally effective on paper roster with a much crappier coach. That's a difference of a few lucky bounces here or there.

And don't forget the law of averages. Edmonton has not lost the first four games of a season since 94 or something like that, and of course we always play down to our opposition.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
and of course we always play down to our opposition.

So sad that this is true. I'll expect to be behind 2-0 after the 1st period as the boys can't quite get out of the gate again.

We're going to transform the season into giving up goals early rather than at the end of the periods.

I'm hoping for the same effort we had against the Kings minus the 1st 5 mins and we'll be ok.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Have they sorted out the guidelines for compensating hires between clubs? I'll trade Dave Tippett for the Oiler's first round pick this year. :D

rt

May 13, 2004
Have they sorted out the guidelines for compensating hires between clubs? I'll trade Dave Tippett for the Oiler's first round pick this year. :D

Then Playfair and a 2nd to Rangers for Samuelsson. I'm good with Ulf, Newell and Burke behind the bench. I remember when Tippett of was hired, he and all the players said it was an extraordinarily easy transition because Ulf had been running the camp, and he's basically an identical coach to Tippett. If we can get a guy who runs things exactly the same way, without the deep seeded biases of the old school, I think we'd be in luck. If love to have Ulf as HC. Plus, it ups our TROLL quota. Never a bad thing to gain new haters.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
No excuses tonight. Not a must win in traditional sense; however, it's a "everything is set up for you to not only win but dominate" this Oilers club.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Really looking to see a good game out of Stone and Murphy. If those guys can be less mistake prone the D will shape up in no time.

Also some of the third/fourth liners to get on the score sheet. Klink and McMillan have been pretty solid so it would be good for them to cash in on it and keep that momentum going.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
This would be a 'great' time for Gagner to get going...even though he's playing with crap wingers, we really do need more scoring from the 3rd line.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This would be a 'great' time for Gagner to get going...even though he's playing with crap wingers, we really do need more scoring from the 3rd line.

Yeah it's a tough situation to be in. Would rather him on the wing and have another center up here. Not that he's looked bad as a center but it would give him higher quality linemates and a better chance at finding his game.

rt

May 13, 2004

Bet he'd look great with Lessio and Rieder. Too bad the only way Tippett lets that happen is if Gagner is demoted to Portland. Haha.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
We're going to transform the season into giving up goals early rather than at the end of the periods.

Reminds me more of 2012 if we start doing this (coming from behind), but as long as we dont make a habit of blowing leads late this year we are going to be okay. Holding on to late leads with defense is a sign of the tippett system working well

If bachman starts for them, he is not very good. we need to win this. It's a huge gut check game and we'd have some nice momentum going in to a tough matchup with St. Louis

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
It's too early for "huge gut check games." The boys had better be on their horses and ready to skate, but we're better than EDM ... just go out there and beat them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad