[Game 3: Oct 16] Calgary Flames (1-1-0) @ Washington Capitals (0-1-0) 5:00pm MT on SN1-Flames

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Do you ever post anything that isn't shitting on this team in some way any more? I never agreed with you often before my hiatus... but since I've been back all you have done in put down the team.

It's not like this team has that many bright spots to compliment. It's a failed rebuild mixed with a flawed re-tool that isn't allowed to rebuild again. Even when they're good it doesn't last long.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
So this is that moment when your 10M+ player takes over the game and all is right in the world... Right? Right?!?

Seriously. C'mon Huby! You need to start doing heavy lifting or this team is up against it.

Reactions: Boomstick and Pomee

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Philips haters in shambles :laugh:

A goal and an assist, both at even strength
Most of us are more annoyed by people like you, and actually give zero f***s about Phillips himself.

It's not like this team has that many bright spots to compliment. It's a failed rebuild mixed with a flawed re-tool that isn't allowed to rebuild again. Even when they're good it doesn't last long.
Dude we could make the playoffs, go 28-0 and you'd still be complaining.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Most of us are more annoyed by people like you, and actually give zero f***s about Phillips himself.

Dude we could make the playoffs, go 28-0 and you'd still be complaining.

Considering 28-0 is impossible in the playoffs there would be quite a bit to complain about.

I'm willing to change my mind if this team proves me wrong but I haven't seen it yet so other people complaining about me being negative won't change anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Lunatik

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
@Kranix CP is no better than anywhere else.. There it is old men yelling at each other and being assholes and doomers. Reddit is younger people yelling at each other and being assholes and doomers. Here it is more of a mixed age group of people yelling at each other and being assholes and doomers.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
17.5m for Huberdeau and Kadri. Those two right now might be providing 10m dollars in value lol.

So sad. I'll admit I was dead wrong on Huberdeau. Thought he would be better than Tkachuk for 4 years at least, shows what I know.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
17.5m for Huberdeau and Kadri. Those two right now might be providing 10m dollars in value lol.

So sad. I'll admit I was dead wrong on Huberdeau. Thought he would be better than Tkachuk for 4 years at least, shows what I know.
Matter of perspective - they're providing tremendous value for the tank

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'll say something as a positive, I think Hanifin has looked good on the PP so far. Much better than Andersson which isn't something I would've said last year.

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'll say something as a positive, I think Hanifin has looked good on the PP so far. Much better than Andersson which isn't something I would've said last year.
I know this will sound crazy, but we should try and add Tyson Barrie. He's a solid PPQB and has had success playing with Zaddy

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I know this will sound crazy, but we should try and add Tyson Barrie. He's a solid PPQB and has had success playing with Zaddy
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh.

I mean the right side is already crowded. Idk if adding more salary to that is the best idea tbh. I do have high hopes for Poirier taking that spot at some point however. Guy is a pt love making machine in the AHL.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh.

I mean the right side is already crowded. Idk if adding more salary to that is the best idea tbh. I do have high hopes for Poirier taking that spot at some point however. Guy is a pt love making machine in the AHL.
A guy doing well in ahl can't wait to see him in 4 years.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh.

Remember that Weegs plays both and has had most his success on the left side, so we could move him up to pair with Ras, and have Tanev w/ Hanifin. Then reunite Zaddy and Barrie

I was also thinking more just this year as he's a pending UFA, not beyond this year.

Poirier has shit tons of potential but he gets himself in a lot of trouble still. He will not be ready this year. Solovyov is ready though IMO, but he's not going to be that PP weapon.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Going to say it again and again, the Flames need to have a puck carrier with Huberdeau. He can make some nice nifty plays, but that line has 0 speed transition. He isn't going to be the guy who carries it through the neutral zone, and I think there was a play earlier in the period that exemplified that - he stopped up, waited for the transition to catch up, and dished it off. That's the kind of playmaker he is, he slows the play down (kinda like a Joe Thornton esc sort of thing).

It's frustrating seeing the coaching staff try to shove the Huby-Lindy pair together. They just haven't shown anything at ES.

Reactions: Backlund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad