GDT: Game 3: NYR @ HABS Oct 16, 2021 – 7pm ET, CITY, SNE, TVAS, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It would be a very bad idea but in the midst of desperation in hab land, let's try it, it might work!!!! Blah blah blah blah. A poorly constructed roster cannot be overcome by simply rearranging deck chairs.
Get use to it sir, DD has one option, rearranging deck chairs. He has what he has.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I like the space Armia creates for his line using his frame and puck protection skills. He draws players to him really well and I think that'll benefit Caufield especially. The fact that he can finish and facilitate the odd play is just a bonus. He's far from perfect, but he's a better stylistic fit than Toffoli.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I like the space Armia creates for his line using his frame and puck protection skills. He draws players to him really well and I think that'll benefit Caufield especially. The fact that he can finish and facilitate the odd play is just a bonus. He's far from perfect, but he's a better stylistic fit than Toffoli.

I agree...

Armia - Suzuki - CC
Drouin - Dvo - Anderson
Toffoli - Evans - Gally
Perreault - Brooks - Lek

That's how I'd roll until Hoffman plays & if Armia is working out in that spot I'd look at bumping Drouin to C Toffoli/Gally & trying Hoffman on DVOs wing

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
seeing this line up, is sad

that D kills me, I bet other teams lick their chops... weak indeed

I had 4th place as the best possible scenario for this team, and 5th as the most likely.

This was a rough offseason, and as much as the habs tried to adress their losses, it kept feeling like a new loss kept popping up right to the very end of camp with the price news, which I think also had to kill alot of the remaining morale.

It started with the weber news one week after the cup, and finished with the price news, with a bunch of events between.

My early impressions are that this club has that Dallas feeling from last year with respect to the residual damage from their finals appearance the year before, but I hope that turns around quickly.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I don't

Armia is one that takes nights off, which will bring this line down

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I don't

Armia is one that takes nights off, which will bring this line down
You will see 1 of 2 things tonight with Armia

1. He gets 2 goals 1 assist , people on the board say he's a great fit for the line and people like us are wrong as always. Then after that game he dissapears for the next 8-9 games then comebacks on the third line.

2. He sucks tonight because he is on cooldown of his 7-8 games streak of doing nothing and he's moved on back to the 3rd line by next game.

How do I know that ? Because that's what he has been doing since his arrival in Montreal.
PP time , top 6 time , he once played 17min a night and yet he can barely get to 30 points with all that time.

Pavel_Bure

Oct 6, 2006
I agree...

Armia - Suzuki - CC
Drouin - Dvo - Anderson
Toffoli - Evans - Gally
Perreault - Brooks - Lek

That's how I'd roll until Hoffman plays & if Armia is working out in that spot I'd look at bumping Drouin to C Toffoli/Gally & trying Hoffman on DVOs wing
Things couldn’t be worse

Hoffman-Drouin-Gallagher
Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield
Armia-Dvorak-Anderson
Lehkonen-Evans-Brooks

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You will see 1 of 2 things tonight with Armia

1. He gets 2 goals 1 assist , people on the board say he's a great fit for the line and people like us are wrong as always. Then after that game he dissapears for the next 8-9 games then comebacks on the third line.

2. He sucks tonight because he is on cooldown of his 7-8 games streak of doing nothing and he's moved on back to the 3rd line by next game.

How do I know that ? Because that's what he has been doing since his arrival in Montreal.
PP time , top 6 time , he once played 17min a night and yet he can barely get to 30 points with all that time.
It’s why Armia has done his entire career, his natural gifts (size, hands & puck protection) made him a 1st round pick, the lack of consistency has shuffled him up & down the lineup for his 3rd NHL team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad