GDT: Game 3: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 1/18/21 9:00pm EST TSN2, SNW, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm assuming they're going back to Koskinen with Smith hurt. If so, unless he was just really, really bad on Saturday, there'll be lots of rebounds and chances in front of their net. We just need the same moxie we had on the weekend and the goals will be there.

I'm more worried about their forwards. Kassian will probably draw in now for some reckless energy now that his wife has given birth and is healthy (congrats to him by the way) and by all accounts McDavid usually goes beast mode after that type of a loss.

It should be a tighter game but I think we come out on top in the end.
I was wondering where Kassian was last game. Benny C - have we learned our lesson with Simmonds? Keep your mitts on. Fightin' ain't your thing.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm assuming they're going back to Koskinen with Smith hurt. If so, unless he was just really, really bad on Saturday, there'll be lots of rebounds and chances in front of their net. We just need the same moxie we had on the weekend and the goals will be there.

I'm more worried about their forwards. Kassian will probably draw in now for some reckless energy now that his wife has given birth and is healthy (congrats to him by the way) and by all accounts McDavid usually goes beast mode after that type of a loss.

It should be a tighter game but I think we come out on top in the end.
I hope for no injuries. Habs need to build some cushion before injuries can hit.

Reactions: Schwang

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Habs average out as the better team, but individual games don't conform to averages. Can we contain a pissed and motivated McDavid and Draisaitl? We'll find out tonight. Meanwhile, the Habs need to control what they can control -- play disciplined, solid, penalty-free hockey, keep pressure on Koskinen and their D.

Toffoli and Kotkaniemi get their first goals.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Canucks shut out McD in the season opener and he responded with a hat trick the next game of the back-to-back. Containing him consistently is almost impossible. Let's see how this plays out tonight.

Reactions: Runner77 and Lshap

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I’ve got a feeling that from going toe to toe with Toronto then dominating Edmonton is giving the guys some good confidence to start the season.

3-2 Habs tn

Reactions: Runner77

BrianTheSavage49

Jan 18, 2021
HabsVille
Agree with previous posters. Much tigher game and I fear Price will have a lot more traffic in front (and probably in) his crease.

Bold (and hopeful) predictions for tonight:
  • Edm scores first goal
  • Habs win 4-2 with an EN
  • Toffoli and KK top offensive contributors (would love to see them have a breakout game)

Reactions: CanadiensChick

BrianTheSavage49

Jan 18, 2021
HabsVille
Let’s f***ing go baby. Go Habs!!

I’m down in Miami Beach so I’m actually going to see a Panthers game live tomorrow night. Going to be wild to be at an NHL game after all this time.

Not to go off-topic but I saw the video highlights of that spattering of fans in the stands! (Insert Panthers regular attendance joke here) Kind of crazy how far apart everyone is. Where will you be sitting? Must be such a weird atmosphere, will be curious to hear about how you found it!

Apr 28, 2010
Habs lose this game if they are overconfident. Hopefully they still come out with the same sense of urgency. Let's see if Weber and Gally can show some leadership skills.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
So the Habs play today, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Allen will play at least one of these games, if not two. I wouldn't be shocked to see Allen play tonight and then on Thursday.

But I also wouldn't be shocked to see Price play tonight and then Allen gets his first start in one of the next two games.

Reactions: habergeon

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
So the Habs play today, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Allen will play at least one of these games, if not two. I wouldn't be shocked to see Allen play tonight and then on Thursday.

But I also wouldn't be shocked to see Price play tonight and then Allen gets his first start in one of the next two games.
Allen will be playing either Wed or Thurs for sure. I'd actually like to see him get in there tonight as well

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I would play Allen Wednesday and Price Thursday. They will probably have less energy that game so they will need there goalie to have a strong game and Price is always good in Vancouver.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
The Oilers are a one trick show. Despite McDrai being arguably the best two players in the league, teams playing the Oilers only have to focus on shutting them down and staying out of the box. Their PP is the same move over and over again.....McDavid circles behind the net gathering speed, player leaves puck for him, he picks it up and enters zone skating 7 million miles an hour. If we can continue to defend against that predictable play we will have no problem tonight.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad