GDT: Game 3: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 1/18/21 9:00pm EST TSN2, SNW, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Oiler fan in peace
Your GM has done a great job in building your defence and making the HABS bigger . I’m arguing with an Oiler fan because he says Weber and Petry were already there so their defence wasn’t built overnight. He added Chiarot and Edmundson so that really improved it to a NHL caliber. We in Edmonton are still trying to get a #1 dman

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Oiler fan in peace
Your GM has done a great job in building your defence and making the HABS bigger . I’m arguing with an Oiler fan because he says Weber and Petry were already there so their defence wasn’t built overnight. He added Chiarot and Edmundson so that really improved it to a NHL caliber. We in Edmonton are still trying to get a #1 dman

How has Bouchard been developing? I'd suggest to you that you need to package one of your solid players for a #1 d-man but that's not really for our GDT thread to discuss.

Loop25

Jul 4, 2007
I have just heard that they have moved Romanov to the taxi squad. Are they trying to get Perry or Frolik back to the roster?

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Oiler fan in peace
Don't forget Romanov! I think he is the biggest addition, completely changes our D core!

Reactions: angusyoung

Shigz71

Apr 23, 2016
Habs came out strong like I had hoped last game. It won’t be as easy tonight as the Oilers will be ready.
Hope the Suzuki line gets a couple tonight.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
How has Bouchard been developing? I'd suggest to you that you need to package one of your solid players for a #1 d-man but that's not really for our GDT thread to discuss.
With Holland, he really wants the d to develop. I think Bouchard is ready but I think he needs a little more speed. He is very calm and can rack up points. I would like for him to play with a player like Weber
I agree with you 100% on packaging a player for a #1 dman. We have lots of money coming off the books this year. See what happens. I could see Nuge packaged though

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Kassian will be back, that will change a lot of things, I expect a couple donnybrooks with him Nurse being the culprits. Edmundson and Anderson will drop the gloves tonight.

That goaltending is pretty weak for the Oil, Montreal should be able to get a few past as there is no rebound control.

McJesus should have a better game though.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Oiler fan in peace
We'll give you Weber for McDavid - straight up. No questions asked.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I have just heard that they have moved Romanov to the taxi squad. Are they trying to get Perry or Frolik back to the roster?
Thinking they will do this every time they have an off day to save cap dollars....Evans was the guy after the leaf game....pretty sure that's why they went with a 5 man taxi squad to do this exact thing...Romy doesn not have to go on waivers, and the habs save money on the cap.

Reactions: Runner77

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Oiler fan in peace
Romanov coming over helped a ton as well. The defense is very different with Mete in the lineup than with Romanov.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
we keep losing, McDavid gonna want out

For sure the competitor in him wants to win it all. I think he would have to come out and say "i want out".
And probably refuse to go to training camp or something public like that. Doubt he would do that ever.
Trade of the century if it were to happen, but, the oilers would never get the equivalent value in return.

These new contract structures (8 year max) does give these young superstar's a out clause. Still be in prime years and up for a new contract.
Auston matthews as well. i think he will be UFA at the end of his 5 year deal so he could put the leafs in a tough situation.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Yes but, not at the expense of Romanov remaining on the roster on game day. They are scrimping and saving Cap a day at a time between games and, apparently shifting the savings from one player to the next to even out the financial pain (It was Evans first time around).

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
For sure the competitor in him wants to win it all. I think he would have to come out and say "i want out".
And probably refuse to go to training camp or something public like that. Doubt he would do that ever.
Trade of the century if it were to happen, but, the oilers would never get the equivalent value in return.

These new contract structures (8 year max) does give these young superstar's a out clause. Still be in prime years and up for a new contract.
Auston matthews as well. i think he will be UFA at the end of his 5 year deal so he could put the leafs in a tough situation.

Matthews is destined to be US-bound in the near future. Really don't think he'll want to stay in Toronto.

Reactions: shamrun

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Im not using excuses but Chiarelli put us in a mess. Hopefully Holland can fare better. As for the Leafs, Im not sure giving 40 mil to 4 players is gonna work. The Leafs are lucky they are not 0-3. Can u imagine that fan base then. We are 1-2 and people are jumping off buildings

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Im not using excuses but Chiarelli put us in a mess. Hopefully Holland can fare better. As for the Leafs, Im not sure giving 40 mil to 4 players is gonna work. The Leafs are lucky they are not 0-3. Can u imagine that fan base then. We are 1-2 and people are jumping off buildings

Holland is good at finding depth. Pretty sure your team will go up in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad