GDT: Game 3: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 1/18/21 9:00pm EST TSN2, SNW, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surperior niemi

Feb 2, 2019
I have just heard that they have moved Romanov to the taxi squad. Are they trying to get Perry or Frolik back to the roster?
No, just cap purposes, they save $6500 or something every day one of Romanov/Evans/Suzuki/Kotkaniemi is on the taxi squad, over time that'll be enough to bring up perry/Frolik full time and stop exposing them to waivers

Reactions: Runner77

Cold Coffee

Elite/Franchise/Generational/BPA
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal

Not to go off-topic but I saw the video highlights of that spattering of fans in the stands! (Insert Panthers regular attendance joke here) Kind of crazy how far apart everyone is. Where will you be sitting? Must be such a weird atmosphere, will be curious to hear about how you found it!
Lucky guy! Please enjoy it for all of us under stay home orders!
I’ll get some pics and let you guys know how it is

Reactions: blarneylad

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Blues fans here, luv the way this team is built this year. 4 lines that can do it all, great mix of speed, skill smarts with some size and physicality, your D-core if healthy is built for playoff hockey and obviously Carey is Carey with a solid backup.

you guys are my dark horse cup contenders that I believe people are sleeping on.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
you'll see a bounceback from the Oil. They have Zack back too. they had played 3/4 when the Habs met them.

Good to see Edmundson and Evans bounce back last game. Guys like this are critical if were going to roll out 4 lines and play in the frenzied fashion we do.

I'd like to see Allen soon in the nets, he needs playing time too

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Im hoping pal. Im sick of losing. I feel like a Leaf fan. I would never stoop that low. I was in high school during the 80's so at least I got to see some winning. Actually, we have lost more cups then the Leafs have been to since 67.
It's a big hit to lose Klefbom and have Smith out. But when a team keeps having the same issues with D and goaltending, it must be a drafting or coaching problem. Really hope you guys figure it out and take the next step.

Reactions: Runner77

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It's a big hit to lose Klefbom and have Smith out. But when a team keeps having the same issues with D and goaltending, it must be a drafting or coaching problem. Really hope you guys figure it out and take the next step.

Klefbom is a big loss to say the least. He hasnt be healthy in a few years. I actually think he could be done. We need another Chris Pronger

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Price confirmed? Guess Allen is going to get one of the Nucks games. Thought maybe they were going to go 2/3 and 1/3 split, meaning Allen gets to play more than just back to backs.

I'd have gone:

Price - TOR
Price - EDM
Allen - EDM
Price - VAN
Allen - VAN
Price - VAN
Price - CGY
Price - CGY
Allen - VAN

6 for Price
3 for Allen

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Despite the Oilers' woes so far, I'd still prefer to see Price in net against McDavid/Drai. Both of them are good enough to bury us on the slightest of chances. With Smith out, and Koskinen looking shaky/likely overworked so far, this game presents a good opportunity to really step on them and build some confidence in our group.

Reactions: Saundies

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Oiler fan in peace
Your GM has done a great job in building your defence and making the HABS bigger . I’m arguing with an Oiler fan because he says Weber and Petry were already there so their defence wasn’t built overnight. He added Chiarot and Edmundson so that really improved it to a NHL caliber. We in Edmonton are still trying to get a #1 dman
After 8 years, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->