GDT: Game 3: Islanders VS Team needing to flip the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Keys to Game 4:

• Scratch Kovalchuk, he's an absolute waste.
  • I guess keep the defense the same, I mean.. what can you do?
  • Have the ghost of Maurice Richard posses Vrana in a seance gone wrong
  • Tell Reirden that Game 4 is in the Edmonton bubble
  • Hope the Islanders are served that shrimp cocktail that was left on the loading bay for 6 hours by accident
  • Pray the NHL cancels the playoffs
Lmao, didn’t Kovy say something about how the caps were on the way to winning a cup right after the season was canceled also? I seem to remember something like that

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Not just in terms of teamwork but individually guys are regressing as the season has gone on. That last goal Haglan skated right by Brassard I think it was and gave him an easy outlet pass. Instead of just hitting Brassard while extending his stick to stop an outlet pass up the boards. That left is immediately in a precarious position.

I think Reirden probably played a role in our SC in terms of ideas but not particularly adept at implementation and emphasizing details like Trotz was.

This team desperately needs a "bad cop". Their skill players are not naturally inclined to ugly hockey unless their feet are held to the fire.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Just not a hungry team. Never seen this group quit like this.

0 shots for Ovie. Has that ever happened before in playoffs

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Keys to Game 4:

• Scratch Kovalchuk, he's an absolute waste.
  • I guess keep the defense the same, I mean.. what can you do?
  • Have the ghost of Maurice Richard posses Vrana in a seance gone wrong
  • Tell Reirden that Game 4 is in the Edmonton bubble
  • Hope the Islanders are served that shrimp cocktail that was left on the loading bay for 6 hours by accident
  • Pray the NHL cancels the playoffs
Keys to game 4:

have this disaster end ASAP.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
The sad part is that after they get eliminated it will be more of the empty platitudes...we didn’t play like we could...we will regroup next year....we were just a little bit off...bla bla bla. I need to hear more accountability which starts from the top. When do we ever hear TR say he needs to be better?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Jake's gotta bury that. He's one of the few weapons on the team that doesn't usually choke under pressure.
Vrana has become a liability. The only thing he brings to the team is offense, he doesn't help in any other way,. But he hasn't scored in months.

Reactions: Pomee

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Carlson is hurt. Kempny was bad with him, Dillon is bad with him. Dillon and Kempny are good players. A healthy Carlson make AHL Djoos or ECHL Siegenthaler look good. He is too hurt. He should sit.

Go with this D pairs:

Dillon - Orlov
Fehervary - Gudas
Kempny - Jensen

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
No. I remember watching those first few games of Kings and Sharks and thinking what a joke the Kings were and how far they had fallen from their cup. Then they woke up and became an entirely different team.

Caps can't play worse than this.
I admire your optimism, but I simply can’t believe it’s possible for this Caps team to turn this around.

Reactions: JenniferH

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Hotlby’s inability to make a timely saves in the playoffs has haunted the Caps for many years. At least now we can all be pretty sure that management will not overpay to keep him and will let him go. Also we deserved to lose all 3 games. Worst playoff performance of Ovi era.
Holtby wasnt the reason they lost this particular game.
Maaaaaybe Samsonov would get 1 win out of these 3 games, maybe.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Carlson is hurt. Kempny was bad with him, Dillon is bad with him. Dillon and Kempny are good players. A healthy Carlson make AHL Djoos or ECHL Siegenthaler look good. He is too hurt. He should sit.

Go with this D pairs:

Dillon - Orlov
Fehervary - Gudas
Kempny - Jensen

Outside of the back half of 2018, Kempny is barely a replacement level player. He’s no different than DSP. We’re seeing that now

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Vrana has become a liability. The only thing he brings to the team is offense, he doesn't help in any other way,. But he hasn't scored in months.

So was Bura... and you repeated this nonsense about him... and now he's off scoring goals for another team. You seem to take monumental offense when anything bad is said about Holtby when he is basically a sieve, but you rag on vrana like no other. He'll be fine. He's young and had a very good season. TR is the problem.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
5 playoff losses in a row, the previous 4 they blew leads so that’s a plus. If you count the round robin, 2-8-1 the last 11 playoff games, 1-7 the last 8 if you don’t.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I agree with what Alan May said about Reirden making lineup changes but not changing the game plan at all.
That tells me that Reirden is pointing the finger at the players and not taking any responsibility.
I can understand benching Kempny for poor play but how is Vrana still in the lineup. And how does a coach not make any adjustments after being completely smothered in the first 2 games.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
i'm not even mad tbh. isles were much better in every single game so far. it's not like we are losing because of hot goalie or bad luck, we just suck and 3-0 after 3 games sounds as fair as possible

Reactions: Roric and Misery74

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
So was Bura... and you repeated this nonsense about him... and now he's off scoring goals for another team. You seem to take monumental offense when anything bad is said about Holtby when he is basically a sieve, but you rag on vrana like no other. He'll be fine. He's young and had a very good season. TR is the problem.
I'm not a Burakovsky fan but I have to admit he is a better player than Vrana. At least Bura did improve some parts of his game. Vrana's isn't improving his game at all and I believe alot of that is coaching.
I'm pretty sure if Trotz was still here Vrana would have been a healthy scratch for a few games this. I know people here didn't like when Trotz did that but it was the right decision. When a player doesn't want to play within the system. He has to be riding the pines.
This isn't the 80s when players freelanced alot. The league is very systematic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad