GDT: Game 3: Islanders VS Team needing to flip the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Hotlby’s inability to make a timely saves in the playoffs has haunted the Caps for many years. At least now we can all be pretty sure that management will not overpay to keep him and will let him go. Also we deserved to lose all 3 games. Worst playoff performance of Ovi era.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
It’s ok guys we know what we are doing wrong we just have to look at the tape and make adjustments. We aren’t panicking at all.:laugh:

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Todd Reirden is now 3-7 in the playoffs.

this series after the 2nd period in 3 games it’s islanders 6 goals to caps 0.

Reirden has now lost FIVE playoff games in a row. In those 5 games, after the 2nd period its opponents 11 goals to the Caps 0.

That’s right... caps have lost 5 straight games in playoffs under Reirden being out scored 11-0 In those games after the second period...

thst isn’t a small sample size. That is Reirden completely getting out coached/caps being completely dominated end of games. Caps under Reirden in 3rd periods or later have scored 6 goals and given up 16 in 10 games now - resulting in a 3-7 playoff record.

time for Todd to gtfo.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Reminds me of Kings - Sharks. I say 4-3 is possible if Caps wake up. Kings were god awful in those first 3 games vs SJ.
Are you kidding, right? This Caps team is already awake, and it can’t do much better under current coaching.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
This is back to back embarassing playoffs from Reirden coached teams, gotta hope Ted and GMBM will be looking at that.

Reactions: JenniferH

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Not just in terms of teamwork but individually guys are regressing as the season has gone on. That last goal Haglan skated right by Brassard I think it was and gave him an easy outlet pass. Instead of just hitting Brassard while extending his stick to stop an outlet pass up the boards. That left is immediately in a precarious position.

I think Reirden probably played a role in our SC in terms of ideas but not particularly adept at implementation and emphasizing details like Trotz was.

Reactions: Firsov99

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Hotlby’s inability to make a timely saves in the playoffs has haunted the Caps for many years. At least now we can all be pretty sure that management will not overpay to keep him and will let him go. Also we deserved to lose all 3 games. Worst playoff performance of Ovi era.
You are blaming Holtby? He was the only player that showed up.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Ovechkin loafed around for most of this game, staring at pucks that were at his feet, and hitting people occasionally. He didn't threaten to score once. Unless he's injured, a really, really disappointing showing from him.

Reirden is a wimp, and GMBM should be on thin ice for allowing the culture to change in the building.

A number of people at Kettler clearly don't get it.

:deadhorse

Last edited:
Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Are you kidding, right? This Caps team is already awake, and it can’t do much better under current coaching.

No. I remember watching those first few games of Kings and Sharks and thinking what a joke the Kings were and how far they had fallen from their cup. Then they woke up and became an entirely different team.

Caps can't play worse than this.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Keys to Game 4:

• Scratch Kovalchuk, he's an absolute waste.
  • I guess keep the defense the same, I mean.. what can you do?
  • Have the ghost of Maurice Richard posses Vrana in a seance gone wrong
  • Tell Reirden that Game 4 is in the Edmonton bubble
  • Hope the Islanders are served that shrimp cocktail that was left on the loading bay for 6 hours by accident
  • Pray the NHL cancels the playoffs

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Laviolette or Gallant please. I don't recall us looking so bad. As many have mentioned we've regressed a lot even since Carolina last year. I share the sentiment that this isn't that bad, maybe because we do have our Cup, maybe because it's clear we're outclassed, maybe because of quarantine. We have 2 maybe 3 years left to compete and then it's going to be ugly. Get a seasoned coach in here and give ourselves a punchers chance for Ovi's mid-30s.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Todd Reirden is now 3-7 in the playoffs.

this series after the 2nd period in 3 games it’s islanders 6 goals to caps 0.

Reirden has now lost FIVE playoff games in a row. In those 5 games, after the 2nd period its opponents 11 goals to the Caps 0.

That’s right... caps have lost 5 straight games in playoffs under Reirden being out scored 11-0 In those games after the second period...

thst isn’t a small sample size. That is Reirden completely getting out coached/caps being completely dominated end of games. Caps under Reirden in 3rd periods or later have scored 6 goals and given up 16 in 10 games now - resulting in a 3-7 playoff record.

time for Todd to gtfo.

Will a sweep guarantee a coaching change? If so I am for it.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Keys to Game 4:

• Scratch Kovalchuk, he's an absolute waste.
  • I guess keep the defense the same, I mean.. what can you do?
  • Have the ghost of Maurice Richard posses Vrana in a seance gone wrong
  • Tell Reirden that Game 4 is in the Edmonton bubble
  • Hope the Islanders are served that shrimp cocktail that was left on the loading bay for 6 hours by accident
  • Pray the NHL cancels the playoffs
This is awesome. :laugh:

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
When you have Laviolette and Gallant our there and a small window for this group, you have to go that direction. It would be beyond stupid for GMBM to stick with Reirden. The question is whether his ego gets in the way.

Has a very Jerry Krauss feel to it, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad