GDT: Game 3: Golden Knights @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ - Premium Edition

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Kuemper's been real solid in these 3 games. Certainly showing last season wasn't a fluke so far.

I never thought it was all that likely it was totally a fluke. Possible of course because goalies are insane. If not for Raanta Kuemper was 2 or 3 on my wishlist of backups that same year we punted Smith.

He had had good to great stretches in Minnesota and when he wasn't great settled into around league average. He only ever had one outright poor year. The perfect type of goalie to jump on. Even if you flat out call his LA season a fluke/all on LA's defense (which is obviously not the case seeing him here) his career sv% was .910. League average is right around .910 to .915 depending on the year. Last year it was .910.

Murf

Apr 10, 2007
WESTSIDE(of Gilbert)
I’ve only have radio for this one. Bissonette is awesome - just pure, genuine color commentary. He makes you believe that he is a real person, that he could be a guy on your beer league team sitting next to you at the bar.

Reactions: 0point1

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Fun game. Good to see Schmaltz get the game winner and Goligoski (big sliding block early) have good games after the arrows they’ve taken lately.

Everyone looked good I think. No real complaints. Still think Soda is a step slower than the pace we want to play, but maybe that’s a trade off for his size that we need. He’s definitely on the right line now, as is Schmaltz. In fact all the lines seem pretty good now.

Question now is who comes out of the lineup for Crouse’s return? Hayton definitely did enough to stay. Maybe Fischer. He’s still fighting some inconsistency I think. Nice to see that level of confidence from Hayton that other past top prospects may not have had, for reasons that aren’t worth dredging up.

Also not a bash of Stepan because it’s nothing he can fix, but imagine if we had a centre on the same wave length as Kessel and Keller? Matthews perhaps...

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Re watched the Hayton assist sequence and he certainly deserves a lot of credit but Dvorak also made a slick pass himself to follow it up. If Dvorak can deliver dishes like that he'll come around too.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Best part about the team is the solid D, great goal tending and our GAA. If that continues, we are in good shape. Hayton looked solid to me, really good away from the puck and on D (unlike Strome). We had a few too many penalties, but other than that, a Solid win!

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I had totally forgotten about the rule change to coaching challenges. That’s a lot more of a risk now than losing a time out. It was 2-1 at that point and we were giving a PP on fresh ice to a very good PP unit.

Hopefully this leads to a decrease in challenges because I hate this rule.

Reactions: cobra427

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad