GDT: Game 3: Finland Vs Sweden | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SWE 3 - 2 FIN OT

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
How about Dahlin, Boqvist, Olofsson and Hållander?

Anyway one of my favorite things is to see disappointed Finns after we beat them, hope I get to experience it again tonight ;)

Still bitter about last April? ;D

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Care to say how is finland weak, not any weaker than last year.

Even though we are missing Kakko, kotkaniemi and Lundell

last year we were missing Heiskanen, kotkaniemi etc too

And 2014 we were missing Sasha Barkov, olli määttä etc

Because there aren’t the same high caliber replacements. Aside from Kupari and Maccelli, Finland doesn’t have many high end forwards this year. They’ll need Raty to play this year like Lundell did last year, but he’s starting out on the fourth line. Defense and Goalie aren’t bad, but I don’t think any of those players are stars.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if Finland won the tournament because they are the big overachievers in international hockey right now. They had no business winning last year and did. However, Sweden is a powerhouse in the group stage. I doubt a weaker Finland team can take them down in the group stage. Many in a SF or final.

Reactions: king89

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
I honestly don't remember what you are referring to, WHC? WJC in Malmö 2014, that one still hurts though :D We had suck a stacked team and had no reason to lose really

Stacked or just over hyped? There were just no game breakers. guys like Elias lindholm is the epictome of average and is exactly as good as his line mates.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Because there aren’t the same high caliber replacements. Aside from Kupari and Maccelli, Finland doesn’t have many high end forwards this year. They’ll need Raty to play this year like Lundell did last year, but he’s starting out on the fourth line. Defense and Goalie aren’t bad, but I don’t think any of those players are stars.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if Finland won the tournament because they are the big overachievers in international hockey right now. They had no business winning last year and did. However, Sweden is a powerhouse in the group stage. I doubt a weaker Finland team can take them down in the group stage. Many in a SF or final.

You sound like mr old school. Welcome to the new world. The differences are so marginal it is fun how everything with certainty.:)

There is no such thing as over achiever. Hockey is played always on ice and that what counts. Not how much fans like to hype.

Br.

Bratislava 2019, Never forget

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Stacked or just over hyped? There were just no game breakers. guys like Elias lindholm is the epictome of average and is exactly as good as his line mates.

No, not over hyped. Very strong and home ice advantage. Didn't manage to play at their best when it really mattered though

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto

Typical Finns, always bring up the winning year when they have nothing to counter. Still remember the 6-1 Bratislava and year by year when they lose, they will bring up 6-1.

Exactly this.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Typical Finns, always bring up the winning year when they have nothing to counter. Still remember the 6-1 Bratislava and year by year when they lose, they will bring up 6-1.

Exactly this.
I would bring up rather the Bratislava 2019 where almost Swedish olympic team vs Finnish Liiga team finished 4-5.

Br.

Reactions: king89

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I would bring up rather the Bratislava 2019 where almost Swedish olympic team vs Finnish Liiga team finished 4-5.

Br.

Only 8 players(3D, 4F, 1G) of those would make the Swedish olympic team, saying almost is stretching it.

Who would have thought Grönborg playing Loui Eriksson more than any other forward could backfire? He's elite after all.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
How about Dahlin, Boqvist, Olofsson and Hållander?

Anyway one of my favorite things is to see disappointed Finns after we beat them, hope I get to experience it again tonight ;)
No no this is not problem. The K.O. Stage is vital. Not the RR.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
heja heja heja sverige goind down! 5-1 win for Finland

Finns win the group and get Russia in qf while Sweden finishes 2nd and get Czech

Snuuzi

Nov 3, 2017
Haven't followed this torunament in a while. Is swedesn coach any good this year or will we sit here wanting rönnberg back?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Really mad this game is at the exact same time as Canada/US... talk about a double header

Reactions: Opak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad