GDT: Game 3: Finland Vs Sweden | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SWE 3 - 2 FIN OT

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
20wjc3.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Finland
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
PIIROINEN Kari (G)
ANNUNEN Justus (G)
PATRIKAINEN Jasper (G)

Defensemen:
HATAKKA Santeri (D)
HONKA Anttoni (D)
HEINOLA Ville (D)
KOKKONEN Mikko (D)
SEPPALA Peetro (D)
UTUNEN Toni (D)
NOUSIAINEN Kim (D)
THOMSON Lassi(D)

Forwards:
ERHOLTZ Eemil (F)
KILLINEN Lenni (F)
ODEN Joonas (F)
KUPARI Rasmus (F)
MACCELLI Matias (F)
PUISTOLA Patrik (F)
PETMAN Ville (F)
RANTA Sampo (F)
SAARELA Antti (F)
TANUS Kristian (F)
RATY Aatu (F)
RATY Aku (F)

Scratched:

full

Sweden
Confirmed Tournament

Goaltenders:
ELIASSON Jesper (G)
ALNEFELT Hugo (G)
PORTILLO Erik (G)

Defensemen:
BJORNFOT Tobias (D)
GINNING Adam (D)
BROBERG Philip (D)
NORLINDER Mattias (D)
SANDIN Rasmus (D)
SODERSTROM Victor (D)
LUNDKVIST Nils (D)

Forwards:
HOLTZ Alexander (F)
FAGEMO Samuel (F)
BACK Oskar (F)
RAYMOND Lucas (F)
GUSTAFSSON David (F)
PASIC Nikola (F)
HOGLANDER Nils (F)
HENRIKSSON Karl (F)
GUSTAFSSON Hugo (F)
OBERG Linus (F)
BERGGREN Jonatan (F)
NASSEN Linus (F)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: hn777

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sucks that this is the first game for both teams. Should be a New Years Eve pool decider. I like the Swedes just a touch more but it should be close regardless. 4-2 Sweden with the last being an empty netter

Reactions: Statsy

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
As i would like Finland to win this one, Sweden hasnt lost, like 3 years in round robin..

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Looking for a tie game. Sweden with an amazing defense, Finland with a decent one as well and reliable goalie Annunen. Neither team has exceptionally flashy offense.

Reactions: Patman123and4

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If Sweden wins this I think there is a big chance that they will lose when it matters again. Would be good for them to lose the game to relieve the pressure and just play hockey.
In theory maybe...but the team that loses this game is getting one of Canada/USA/Russia in the quarters while the team that wins is getting Czechs or Germany.

Reactions: Statsy

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
In theory maybe...but the team that loses this game is getting one of Canada/USA/Russia in the quarters while the team that wins is getting Czechs or Germany.
It doesn't mean that the game against those countries isn't winnable. It will be though, but I think even Finland with this roster can do it. Sweden is even better imo.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
It doesn't mean that the game against those countries isn't winnable. It will be though, but I think even Finland with this roster can do it. Sweden is even better imo.
I think you should probably just admit that you didn’t actually think that one through. :laugh:

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I think you should probably just admit that you didn’t actually think that one through. :laugh:
lol I did think about it. Finland usually plays against a tougher country and there is a chance for upsets. I am serious about it.

It is tougher than just winning this game, but still there is always a chance. Awful from you not to think I didn't think I don't think about these things.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
lol I did think about it. Finland usually plays against a tougher country and there is a chance for upsets. I am serious about it.

It is tougher than just winning this game, but still there is always a chance. Awful from you not to think I didn't think I don't think about these things.
I’m not sure you even know what I’m referring to. You’re original assertion was that it would be good for Sweden’s chances to win this tournament by losing this first game to relieve the pressure of the winning streak.... while simultaneously tripling the difficulty level of their quarterfinal matchup. THAT is what I think you didn’t think through.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I’m not sure you even know what I’m referring to. You’re original assertion was that it would be good for Sweden’s chances to win this tournament by losing this first game to relieve the pressure of the winning streak.... while simultaneously tripling the difficulty level of their quarterfinal matchup. THAT is what I think you didn’t think through.
I did. It sound stupid but I did. It's not like the Czechs are the worst team in the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad