GDT: Game 3: Finland Vs Sweden | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SWE 3 - 2 FIN OT

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
**** happends... Sweden needed goal of the tournament and save of the tournament to get into overtime and Finland was missing Kupari, Kotkaniemi, Lundell, Kakko... overall lucky win

Hopefully you learned a lesson as well. Finns don't jinx wins by bragging about winning, we use anti-jinx.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Not sure if sweden has the individual skill to win the tournament. Annunen was solid but swedish finishing was brutal. Almost every shot was without power and straight to pads.
I'm pretty sure this year it's Canada or USA.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Not sure it was good to keep streak alive. Oh well.
Streaks have their own peculiar inertia or will of you will to go on.

But Team Finland have all or nothing to win back to back gold in this event. We will see..

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
f*** viasat forever. Is there atleast anywhere I can watch a sizeable highlight video from the game?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Wow.. nice comeback for Sweden. I was curious if Finn's would end the streak. I agree this probably setup the group. Sweden will probably get Czech/German and Finland will get the deadly trio of Russia/Canada/US.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Wow.. nice comeback for Sweden. I was curious if Finn's would end the streak. I agree this probably setup the group. Sweden will probably get Czech/German and Finland will get the deadly trio of Russia/Canada/US.

If so, I wish Sweden the best of luck with Lukas Dostal.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Hopefully you learned a lesson as well. Finns don't jinx wins by bragging about winning, we use anti-jinx.

And that anti-jinx almost didn't work either. It was that close on the score board that it could've gone either way, and an accidental win was real possibility during OT.

Generally, the lesson is that Jinx never work at least if a Finn is attempting it, and certainly not in a hockey game vs Sweden. (Traumatic memories from a past, you know).

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Sweden might get russia

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechs + home crowd isn't easy.
We'll see... I'd say Finland has this tournament figured out as they keep winning it lately. 2005 is a long time since our last medal and this year's team is relatively weak. I love Dostal but, from my understanding, your goalie has better stats than him in the Liiga.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad