GDT: Game 3: Finland Vs Sweden | 1PM EST 7PM CET | SWE 3 - 2 FIN OT

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Good Lord. Sweden's goalie had no idea where the puck was.

EDIT: I have to take that one back, what a save by the goalie!

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
OT. Its nice to see other than -nen and -la/-lä Finnish players.

Erholtz, Oden, Maccelli, Thomsen are welcomed change to the established pattern. Can't recall have there ever been more "cosmopolitan" variety of surnames in any Team Finland's roster. Even clearly Finnish surnames contain some relative rarities, such like Kupari, Utunen, and Killinen, while Scandinavian/Swedish surnames are abnormally scarce/lacking in this roster.

/OT
Thomsen is quite Scandinavian though... I thought it was Thomson but I am half-blind so...

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Svechnikov literally proves that the move works in NHL and with nearly no speed at all. No chief, this ain't it. It has been just underused as all hell and that's why the myth of NHL defenders being able to defend against it was born.

It's easy to defend if the attacking player doesn't have the instincts to know exactly when to pull it off. There is a reason Svechnikov has been practicing this move for 2 years, has attempted it only 3 times in games, and scored on two of them.

Hoglander's goal this game was beautiful. Spanned the whole breadth of the crease at speed. I like all of Svechnikov and Hoglander's attempts this year.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Stylistically best Lacrosse-goal since infamous Ilmaveivi and Kiprusoff-likeish half-scorpion by Swedes in the same game.

Hopefully they lose, but that is my absolute limit of salt for this game. :P

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I would like Hockey Canada to pay for Finland to get some new uniforms.

Those are atrocious and the Olympics are long over

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Damn, Kupari... Hopefully just a. what is it a "horse leg" ?? Lol. Puujalka..

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
He fell from high up after the contact, looks like a routine play but I bet it hit a nerve or smth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad