Post-Game Talk: Game: 3 Caps vs. Leafs (Leafs fans read note in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Bruce Cassidy and Bruce Boudreau are going to meet in the Finals, and we'll still have Trotz next year after a first round meltdown. I feel this coming like a premonition from The Stand.

CapsEersSkins

May 31, 2009
Just don't understand trotz philosophy here. First line comes out shot out of a damn canon and is dominating. So you proceed to take the wind out of the said by giving them third line minutes. It would make sense though. Caps hire a coach who has never been out of the second round to coach a team who can't help but fall on their face every chance they get

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If this team goes out in the first round, I think I'm done being a hardcore hockey fan. Too many more enjoyable things to worry about in life.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hit the D on the forecheck. Stop trying to skate stride for stride with this Leafs team. Slow down the pace of the game and keep possession of the puck in the offensive zone. Screen Andersen. Split up Ovechkin and Backstrom to create mismatches for Babcock.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
For people blaming Ovi - are you kidding me? Trotz played him little in the regular season - and he's not even getting a chance in the playoffs.

Ovi didn't have one period this game with 6 minutes of ice time - and barely cracked 15 minutes total.

****ing garbage coaching. No one can be a leader and make a difference when they DON'T PLAY

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
If this team goes out in the first round, I think I'm done being a hardcore hockey fan. Too many more enjoyable things to worry about in life.

I have been living 40min outside of St Louis for a long time. I can take them losing but I hate the effort. They just don't know how to play hard for 60min. And that is on the core that has been here year after year failing the same way.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Williams
Mojo-Backstrom-Oshie.

I'm not a huge Mojo fan but he was one of the best players on the ice tonight. Give him more ice time

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010

I quit cold turkey during game 6 versus the PENS last year. I didn't even watch OT, knew what was going to happen. Its great. Don't give Ted anymore of your money. The problem with this team starts with him. He cares more about Ovechkin than winning.

The unfortunate part is that Ovechkin still had pretty good trade value these past couple years.

Anyways, I still see the Caps winning the series but I do not have them beating the Pens (even without Letang).

My prediction: we lose in the 1st or 2nd round and then instead of making the right move in getting rid of Ovechkin we get rid of Backstrom.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
With most organizations, going out like this in the first round would result in massive changes on the ice and some people in the front office out of a job/career.

Ted on the other hand, would view that as effort. He's allergic to anything that doesn't involve him puffing up his chest and acting like he's the smartest big shot in the room. He'll have his 41 regular season sellouts and 4-8 home playoff games one next season. He and Dick are comfortable with that being their consolation prize.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
For people blaming Ovi - are you kidding me? Trotz played him little in the regular season - and he's not even getting a chance in the playoffs.

Ovi didn't have one period this game with 6 minutes of ice time - and barely cracked 15 minutes total.

****ing garbage coaching. No one can be a leader and make a difference when they DON'T PLAY

Some people love a cop out and an easy blame. Ovi is far, far from the main problem. Probably the best goal scorer in NHL history is the reason this team never goes anywhere? Give me a break.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The core of this team doesn't have the heart and will to win. Prove me wrong...until they do, I'll believe nothing else.

I can't live on blind faith any more. I've been stabbed in the heart too many times.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Yep, I feel the same way. I'm already that way towards football / the Redskins. I'm 31 so I've never seen a DC championship and the Caps were my best hope (and I don't give a **** about the Nats), but my second kid is due in June and I have more important **** to do than watch this garbage.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Or does he?

This core is rotten.

mhd4bo.jpg

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
With most organizations, going out like this in the first round would result in massive changes on the ice and some people in the front office out of a job/career.

Ted on the other hand, would view that as effort. He's allergic to anything that doesn't involve him puffing up his chest and acting like he's the smartest big shot in the room. He'll have his 41 regular season sellouts and 4-8 home playoff games one next season. He and Dick are comfortable with that being their consolation prize.

I am not sure this time...they showed him in common folk seats sitting by himself.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
The core of this team doesn't have the heart and will to win. Prove me wrong...until they do, I'll believe nothing else.

The organization needs to have an intellectually honest conversation about this. The phrase "if they were good enough to win a Cup, they would have at least gotten close once by now" needs to be brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce