Post-Game Talk: Game: 3 Caps vs. Leafs (Leafs fans read note in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
Haha looks like some of you are waking up. I quit following this LOSER team after last year. Won't consider giving them my money ever again until they rid of Ovechkin.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Not that I think Trotz is a bad coach but for a team that always chokes in the playoffs you think that hiring a coach that always chokes wouldn't be a good idea.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This is going 7 games

There is still life, but I'm going say Leafs win in six. Two big blows back to back and past history with this core doesn't convince me. I'm just hoping for the best at this point. Amazing Caps are two games away from biggest sports failure in history. This is the one team I didn't want to play in the playoffs.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
BMac needs to walk into the locker room and fire Trotz on the spot. In front of everyone. Correct the tragic mistake he made by not firing him last off season. He's a terrible coach.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Seriously, after all these years of playoff frustration, this is it. I FEEL it -- this is the year that my soul finally completely scabs over.

Yup, there it is -- I was right! No pain, just itches. Just have to make sure I don't scratch it open.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, ours said "hmm, I'm not going to bring it. I don't want to win". They looked confused. They look like they have little confidence in whatever strategy Trotz is employing. Our vaunted defense is giving their forwards way too much respect, practically inviting them into our zone. We aren't going hard back for pucks in our zone, like we've accepted that we need to play there. On offense there's no forecheck support at all.

In your world, only coaches get the blame over the years and the players don't? Seems unbalanced to me.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Time for Ovi to ask for a trade, he doesn't deserve this ineptitude

He has been one of the only things that has not changed. Just because they blew one tonight does not change the lack of effort in the first two games.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
I'll feel bad for Toronto fans if they win this series. They will think they have a shot but will go down to the first team with a competent playoff coach.

i think they'd be pretty content with knocking off the 1 seed, not that it'd be much of an accomplishment

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Bye Bye Barry Trotz. Can't even destroy the Leafs. This is ****ing embarrassing that they can't even

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Everyone blaming the Core when the coach is putting Lars Eller and Beagle lines out there for almost as much time as the top 6.

Awful. Just awful.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I like the goals against where we have three guys defending behind our own goal and nobody covering the leaf at the goal mouth.

Total raging incompetence.

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
Did Trotz even play him after he scored his goal? The coaching and others around him not stepping up lets him down year after year.

Ovechkin is terrible at ES. Turnover MACHINE, floats like a butterfly, and one of the biggest defensive liabilities I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad