Post-Game Talk: Game: 3 Caps vs. Leafs (Leafs fans read note in Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 6, 2004
Puck 2nite.

Mod notice: Leaf fans: This is not a neutral board. If you want neutral board series discussion go here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Also, From our local rules:

10) Neutral Boards vs Home Boards (and Visiting Fans) – This forum is primarily for Caps fans. Things said here may not fly on other team boards or even neutral boards. Similarly, some topics or comments that might be OK on neutral boards may be unwanted on a team board. If a visiting fan truly does “come in peace” and follows the site and local rules then there is likely no problem. But be advised that this is Caps fan “home ice” and rival fans stopping by making questionable posts probably won't get the benefit of the doubt (meaning high possibility of infractions, threadbans, forum bans, etc). On our team board we may make comments about how we don't like rival cities or buildings or teams, but we MAY NOT make insulting, general comments about the fans as people. What we post is searchable on the web and isn't limited to our board. Keep that in mind before posting.

Report trolling/flaming, do not respond to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Yeah not really sure what to think and expect for this one

Kinda numb :(

I ask for 2 small hockey 101 things from this game

Win a damn faceoff and hold on to your f word sticks. My god how many sticks have been dropped by is the last 2 games? Going to go put stick-em on all their sticks and gloves before the game tonight

Last edited:

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014
Away game after a loss I think is the best thing for the Caps. Settle down, do your job. Also, punish the defense every damn chance.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well game 1 was supposedly the "wake up call" so I suppose game 2 was the maids knocking to turn the room. Game 3 will be the front desk reminding them of check out time, which could be in a few days.

Just ****ing show up and be professionals, god damnit.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Pound the D. Target that weasel Connor Carrick. I guarantee he cannot handle it mentally and takes a penalty if Ovi and friends target him early and often.

Or go full aerial assault, and don't be afraid of an offensive showdown. Some may say we have already done that, but I call bunk. We have grounded our own offense by playing safe hockey starting with keeping everything safe on the boards on defense.

One of my favorite plays in hockey is a full line change in the offensive zone, followed by a goal. That Backstrom goal was a thing of beauty. That is the type of play we should see more than once a series with the top team playing the worst.

#FreeNate

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
full credit to this Leafs team, but they look like a team that gets picked apart by the Penguins, right?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
full credit to this Leafs team, but they look like a team that gets picked apart by the Penguins, right?

You'd think but it depends on Andersen. Apart from the few bad goals in G1, he's stood on his head.

Leafs play a bit similar style that the Penguins do. I think the Penguins would pick them apart rather quickly because they match up to that speed -style of game much better than the Capitals and their top players are better than the Leafs ones.

That being said i still think Capitals will win this series.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015

2016/2017 regular season series, Leafs record against the Pens 2-1-0. Who knows though, Pens are different in the Playoffs but then so are the Leafs. Leafs did finish the regular season with a 12-5-1 record.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Shoot the puck if you got an open space between yourself and the goalie. Stop trying to make the extra pass. I feel like that has been a problem for the last 2 years.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Well game 1 was supposedly the "wake up call" so I suppose game 2 was the maids knocking to turn the room. Game 3 will be the front desk reminding them of check out time, which could be in a few days.

Just ****ing show up and be professionals, god damnit.

It hurts too much to watch Pitts play because as much as i hate them i have to give them respect, that team knows how to play playoff hockey. No top defenseman. Some forward missing too. Up 3-0 on a team that was supposed to give them a lot of trouble.

NO DAMN WAKE UP CALLS NEEDED

Our dear overachievers can't get by a 8 seed with half the team playing their first year.

This year will be just like all the other ones. No way in hell we are getting by Pitts by having "wake up calls".

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
If the Caps put together a solid three periods of hockey they should win.

Having said that, when was the last time they did that? Last game at ACC?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Score first and make the Leafs break up their structure. The Leafs are very content right now to absorb pressure, break-out and counter quickly, and then forecheck like mad men. They haven't had to play from behind for more than three minutes the entire series. Make them chase the game and take chances and put their defensemen in vulnerable positions. Holtby also needs to outplay Andersen.

2017WashingtonCaps

Apr 17, 2017
A little perspective...

Why we don't need to panic:

2016 playoffs, Penguins win SC
1st round, tied 1-1 after 2 games, won series 4-1

2015 playoffs, Chicago wins SC
1st round, tied 1-1 after 2 games, won series 4-2

2014 playoffs, LA wins SC
1st round, down 2-0 after 2 games, won series 4-3

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
First two games I had a lot of excitement/nervousness/etc. Now I'm just like "ehh, whatever" for tonight for some reason. It's probably bee cause Caps haven't done one thing to make me excited these playoffs again I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce