Pre-Game Talk: Game 3, Buffalo Sabres at Columbus Blue Jackets, 10/7 7:00 p.m. EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Should be a win, but the Jackets have some good defenseman. Losing Bob, Panarin, and Duchene definitely hurt them quite a bit. They are not that good of a team. Sabs win 3-2.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Given the past half dozen years, some measured amount of enthusiasm about this team at this point is deserved and warranted.

Trolling, bragging, taunting is extremely stupid and immature behavior. And beneath us. (Main Board? Don't know... never go there.....)

Aside from a couple of games... this team hasn't won anything yet. My advice....... make the playoffs, win a series, and then we'll have some credibility. Stay cool until then.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm very interested to see how Columbus does here. I have to think Tort's expiration date is nearing. It might be an all out effort by columbus, it could be a complete no show. I can't imagine the whole "Loyalty" theme played very well in the room

Imagine watching that as a player, especially one with no trade protection that could literally be traded at any second for any reason. It's also a backhand slap at former teammates who decided use their UFA status and choose where to play. It looks super petty on the front office.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Hey guys, devils fan here that was too frustrated to come in and post this Saturday night... but I gotta say your team looks great.

Oloffson is amazing, his shot alone makes him an NHL player...

Dahlin though is really something else. He can be one of if not the most valuable player in the entire league. the way he shut us down was impressive on its own. Throwing his weight around in corners, breaking up plays infront. its stuff you don't see from 19 year old Dmen. Looks like hes going to have a huge offensive season as well. very jealous. You guys are definitely a playoff team this year IF goaltending holds.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm very interested to see how Columbus does here. I have to think Tort's expiration date is nearing. It might be an all out effort by columbus, it could be a complete no show. I can't imagine the whole "Loyalty" theme played very well in the room

Imagine watching that as a player, especially one with no trade protection that could literally be traded at any second for any reason. It's also a backhand slap at former teammates who decided use their UFA status and choose where to play. It looks super petty on the front office.

It's very embarassing to me. They seem so spurned.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Seems more like a swipe at Duchene, Bob, and Panarin for ditching the club. Kind of a "f*** it, we don't need guys who don't want to be here." A bit cringe-worthy but not something I would expect means anything to current players.

Reactions: Chainshot

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I just don't see us slacking off, and will continue this high-energy play. These guys are so confident right now. I see us winning by at least 3.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Hockey is random. I just want them to continue playing a similar game as the first two. Fast, aggressive, and good contributions from the entire lineup.

I’m not afraid of Columbus as a team, but I’m not convinced Buffalo is reliably good either. Fingers crossed.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Buffalo jumps out early and holds off CBJ, wins 4-2. Vesey gets his first tonight:

Skinner
Vesey
Olofsson
Eichel (EN)

Bjorkstrand
Atkinson

Last edited:

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Buffalo jumps out early and holds off CBJ, wins 4-2. Vesey and Skinner get their firsts tonight:

Skinner
Vesey
Olofsson
Eichel (EN)

Bjorkstrand
Atkinson
Skinner scored Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad