Pre-Game Talk: Game 3, Buffalo Sabres at Columbus Blue Jackets, 10/7 7:00 p.m. EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Sunday football season Sabres games should be mandatory. Its so much fun to go from Bills game ending > nap > Sabres game on my day off

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I just hope that the lows aren’t as low as the highs are highs for me with only 2 games played.

The brand of hockey is so satisfying to watch when it’s your team; must just be a glimpse into what Detroit fans got to watch with Zetterberg and Datsyuk for so many years.

Reactions: jc17

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If they play like they've played, this is a W. Can't get complacent, but I trust Krueger with that. Montreal will be the first big test.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
When do we find out if we are for real? Please show up....and go from there.
Montreal should be a good test. We play them after Columbus and they are a wild card team and if we want to see what we truely have, Florida and Montreal in the coming week will be true tests for the Wild Card showdown on where we possibly stand.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Just want to say I'm not a fan of our sudden main board presence after winning 2 games.

Lol I understand, but the big thread was started by some Colorado fan who usually craps on us. The Church of Dahlin is a legit religious movement, don't censor our beliefs!

Anyways, Sabres gotta lose some ugly ones sometime, I'll say 4-3 CB wins. Would temper expectations a touch.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
Jackets are ripe for another beating and we must give it to them.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Just want to say I'm not a fan of our sudden main board presence after winning 2 games.
Jinxes only work if you believe in them because when something bad happens your brain tells you its because this happened, you try to find a correlation almost like conspiracy theorists do. If the Sabres start to slide and lose it wont be because of posts on HFBoards (the fan base is way bigger than this board) it will be the actual players themselves who cause a downfall.

To believe one person can jinx an entire fanbase and team, they would have to be pretty self centered thinking the universe revolves around them.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Jinxes only work if you believe in them because when something bad happens your brain tells you its because this happened, you try to find a correlation almost like conspiracy theorists do. If the Sabres start to slide and lose it wont be because of posts on HFBoards (the fan base is way bigger than this board) it will be the actual players themselves who cause a downfall.

To believe one person can jinx an entire fanbase and team, they would have to be pretty self centered thinking the universe revolves around them.

It's not about jinxing the team. I just don't think we need to act like Toronto fans at the first sign of success.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
Go tending and Panarin seemed to always bite us hard when we played CBus. Now both are gone. Feeling good about this one.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It's not about jinxing the team. I just don't think we need to act like Toronto fans at the first sign of success.

Agreed, but come on. 1 thread started by a non-Sabres fan, we can't control that. Just a lot of Sabres fans in the thread either saying "ya I'm hopeful, they look good." or "we'll see." And a thread for Dahlin, because it's friggin Dahlin. That's more a celebration of a great player than it is about Sabres (see: McDavid threads). No one is inserting Eichel's name in every thread like they do with Matthews, no one is gloating (despite being crapped on by everyone for years), no one loses their mind at the suggestion we might not be great. I get the concern, but I think there's huge differences between Sabres fans main board behavior and a lot of Leafs fans main board behavior. imo we're acting a lot more like any other fanbase that isn't ashamed of their team- Leafs fans are often in their own stratosphere in terms of self-importance and obnoxiousness.

Last edited:

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Columbus is a bad home team, Korpisalo GAA against Buffalo around 3.5, they lost their big stars and your team is hot. I could see Sabres scoring 7 again tonight.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Columbus is a bad home team, Korpisalo GAA against Buffalo around 3.5, they lost their big stars and your team is hot. I could see Sabres scoring 7 again tonight.

Well, I predicted a Goalofsson hat trick for game 1, and I'm still waiting for it. Maybe 3rd time's the charm.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah, it's pretty juvenile, but comes with the territory, I s'pose. Maybe they really just want to see all the retaliatory threads later on when the Sabres fall off somewhat.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
In years past we've folded against physical teams. It will be interested to see if Krueger can keep them playing focused when the game gets rough.

To be fair we've folded against all types of teams in the past :laugh:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Game Preview: 10/7/19 at Columbus

LAST GAME
Saturday, October 5
New Jersey 2 at Buffalo 7
Goals: Olofsson (2), Reinhart (2), Eichel, Okposo, Skinner
Goalie: Hutton (18 saves/20 shots)
PP: 3/4; PK: 2/2; Shots: Buffalo 36 – New Jersey 20

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 8)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (hip, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 2 games
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 2 games
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (hip; Oct. 3, injured reserve) – 2 games
Brandon Montour (hand, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/1: Recalled F Jean-Sebastien Dea, F Curtis Lazar and D Lawrence Pilut from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Remi Elie, F Curtis Lazar, F Victor Olofsson, F Scott Wilson, D Henri Jokiharju and D Casey Nelson Rochester; Placed D Zach Bogosian, D Matt Hunwick, D Brandon Montour and G Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen on IR
10/3: Recalled F Victor Olofsson and D Henri Jokiharju from Rochester (AHL); Assigned F Jean-Sebastien Dea, F Curtis Lazar and D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester

UPCOMING GAMES
Wednesday, Oct. 9: Montreal at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 11: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 14: Dallas at Buffalo, 3 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 16: Buffalo at Anaheim, 10 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 17: Buffalo at Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at BLUE JACKETS

• This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Blue Jackets this season.
  • Last meeting: Columbus defeated Buffalo 4-0 in Buffalo on March 31
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Feb. 1 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Blue Jackets; 4-5-1 on the road.
  • This is the 33rd game all-time between Buffalo and Columbus; Buffalo has a 12-17-3 series record.
  • The Sabres are 5-8-2 on the road against the Blue Jackets all-time.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
It's cringe-worthy. Though when you look at some of those usernames, they seem to enjoy the main board over posting on this forum. Either that, or some of us have troll accounts.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
It's cringe-worthy. Though when you look at some of those usernames, they seem to enjoy the main board over posting on this forum. Either that, or some of us have troll accounts.
It's always been like that, as far as I can remember. The most prolific main board warriors don't post here very often, or at all in some cases. No idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad