Pre-Game Talk: Game 3, Buffalo Sabres at Columbus Blue Jackets, 10/7 7:00 p.m. EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Columbus is going to be PO'd after the Pens took them out behind the woodshed.

But, the Sabres are a confident bunch.

It's fun to go into a road game like this and expect the team to win.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Columbus weakness is their goaltending, continue to get high danger chances and this one is ours as we go 3-0 on the season.

Their toughness tho might prove problems with our forwards however we never played them in the preseason with a full team so I'm not basing much on how we did against them in preseason. I'm looking at them in their last 2 games.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Columbus weakness is their goaltending, continue to get high danger chances and this one is ours as we go 3-0 on the season.

Their toughness tho might prove problems with our forwards however we never played them in the preseason with a full team so I'm not basing much on how we did against them in preseason. I'm looking at them in their last 2 games.

With how they're playing.....82-0?

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Columbus is one of those teams that we don't play well against. Every team has one or two. We have had a crazy good record against the SJ Sharks even through the tank years.
Having said that, this year is a clean slate. Go Sabres!

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Looking forward to (hopefully) being able to listen to this. Should be a very exciting game.

Only being able to watch the weekend games is one of the few downsides to my new job. I am allowed to have an earbud in my one ear and I usually listen to music which just becomes background noise when I’m talking to someone. However I’m not sure if I’ll be able to have the talking of the game’s play by play in my ear and still pay attention to what’s being said to me.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
We convincingly beat the Pens. The Pens convincingly beat the Jackets. RudyThe Sabres can't fail. :D

I think the biggest challenge with CBJ is that they definitely have the best defense of any of the teams we've faced so far. The Pens and Devils had a hard time getting clean breakouts against us, but the Jackets have horses like Jones and Werenski back there who really know how to move a puck. Hopefully we can keep the same sort of possession numbers going, because the Jackets goalies are gonna let shots in if we keep manufacturing them.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
We convincingly beat the Pens. The Pens convincingly beat the Jackets. RudyThe Sabres can't fail. :D

I think the biggest challenge with CBJ is that they definitely have the best defense of any of the teams we've faced so far. The Pens and Devils had a hard time getting clean breakouts against us, but the Jackets have horses like Jones and Werenski back there who really know how to move a puck. Hopefully we can keep the same sort of possession numbers going, because the Jackets goalies are gonna let shots in if we keep manufacturing them.

That's the hope. CBJ doesn't look stable there yet.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Everybody is really impressed by Buffalo. Except me. I put Buffalo in the playoff in my bracket before the season. I really like the new addition you guys have on defense. All the young guys on offense have experience now. The other thing I predict before the season is that Ullmark will finish the season as the number 1 goalie and he will start the playoff!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Columbus is one of those teams that we don't play well against. Every team has one or two. We have had a crazy good record against the SJ Sharks even through the tank years.
Having said that, this year is a clean slate. Go Sabres!
In years past we've folded against physical teams. It will be interested to see if Krueger can keep them playing focused when the game gets rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad