Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Blues @ Chicago - MON 04/21/2014 7:30 PM (Mod warning post 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Watching the replays on hockeystreams, and since I was at the game I didn't realize how demoralizing it was for the Hawks when we scored the tying and winning goals. You can just see them put their heads down, hunch over, or fall to their knees. Didn't expect them to lose composure like this.

That was my favorite shot in the broadcast, Tarasenko celebrating out at the blueline, while Toews is on his knees with his head down. Great shot.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sobotka is average, the next question I would ask Hitch, what the hell does average mean lol.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Watching the replays on hockeystreams, and since I was at the game I didn't realize how demoralizing it was for the Hawks when we scored the tying and winning goals. You can just see them put their heads down, hunch over, or fall to their knees. Didn't expect them to lose composure like this.

Yeah I saw Crawford just hang his head live when Tarasenko scored. Knew right then and there the Blues were winning the game in OT.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I feel like the verdict on Seabrook might come down during the Philly/Rangers intermission here. Breaking news opportunity.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Yeah I saw Crawford just hang his head live when Tarasenko scored. Knew right then and there the Blues were winning the game in OT.

I think Tarasenko is the opposite type player when the team faces adversity he's confident he can get the goal back and come back.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I am hoping for 3, expect 2, pessimistically can see 1, and unfortunately would not be surprised to see only a fine.

If the latter happens I would like (and by no means expect) the Blues to have someone destroy Keith's knee. Does not have to be this series, although if the Blues can dress Morrow for a game with that explicit purpose I do not have an issue with it.
Pretty simple to do too, just hit Keith as he is going on to the bench one foot will grip on the mat beneath the bench and it should pop 2 ligaments and a bunch of cartilage.

If your team can severely injure one of our players without repercussions then obviously the Blues should be able to do the same. In particular if said injury forces the Blues player to possibly dramatically alter his style of play.
Backes having to avoid being as physical, Keith no longer has his speed to rely on.
Fair trade.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
3 games is good IMO. Hopefully we get Backes back, but at least the NHL didn't just give a slap on the wrist because it's the playoffs.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It's incredible that Russia didn't play him more in the Olympics.

Tarasenko did say that Sibir beating Ak Bars in the Gagarin Cup playoffs this year was made extra sweet because Bilyaletdinov had returned to Ak Bars :laugh:

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Good, hopefully the Blues can finish off the series in 5 games.

I do not want a bloodbath, which is exactly what could happen in game 6 if one team gets too much of a lead and Seabrook is on the ice.
That would not be good for the game or either team.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I can live with Seabrook getting 3 games. Thought he deserved 5, but 3 isn't an insignificant amount. I thought he was only going to get 1 so I guess I can't complain too much.

GrandPapillon*

3 Things.

1. With the way this series is going, 3 games could be 15 periods.
2. I'm glad it gives the Blues a chance to win 2 of 3 without Seabrook in the lineup so that they can remain focused on the task at hand. Had Seabrook gotten off or gotten a 1 game suspension, the Blues could have lost focus more easily.
3. Who does the Backes for Seabrook tradeoff hurt worse for the next three games? We lose our captain, but a captain who was less than 100% with a lower body issue. They lose a major minutes-eating defeneseman in a series that has gone to overtime twice already.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
3 Things.

1. With the way this series is going, 3 games could be 15 periods.
2. I'm glad it gives the Blues a chance to win 2 of 3 without Seabrook in the lineup so that they can remain focused on the task at hand. Had Seabrook gotten off or gotten a 1 game suspension, the Blues could have lost focus more easily.
3. Who does the Backes for Seabrook tradeoff hurt worse for the next three games? We lose our captain, but a captain who was less than 100% with a lower body issue. They lose a major minutes-eating defeneseman in a series that has gone to overtime twice already.

It hurts us more, we've lost our #1C and are already down Berglund. If it is a situation where we are heading into OT games, then it is pretty even.

The positive is that the League is going to want to have the referees take a firm grip of this series now, and the antics of Duncan Keith has had plenty of media attention. If he doesn't really tone it down then he'll be spending a lot of time in the penalty box tomorrow night.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
ducks fan chiming in here. hope you guys crush the hawks on your way to victory. the hit was fairly bad but the reaction of the hawks players after smoking backes imo was gutless. heres hoping for a blues sweep

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Seabrook has been one of their best players, and Backes' injury has hurt his effectiveness. The main thing will be how the teams respond. Losing Seabrook for them right now is a big blow. They aren't the same offensively with Toews and Kane hurt, so being down defensively will hurt them a lot.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd say at worst for us, it's a push. Losing Backes hurts, but his injury has really limited his effectiveness. Seabrook is a key cog in their defense. They are a lot weaker on the backend without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad