Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Blues @ Chicago - MON 04/21/2014 7:30 PM (Mod warning post 37)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Depends on how Backes responds to getting headshotted and if he's out, how the team rallys without him. I expect a lot from 32 40 79, oddly enough

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd say there's 0 chance Backes plays.

Hit the 'Hawks hard and beat the **** out of them on the scoreboard. Do it cleanly and legally but I want to pound this team and end the series as soon as possible.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Is it weird I'm not concerned about the team pulling together without our captain? Us lacking some center depth does suck, but I think we are gonna put a lot into playing our best game and getting this over with.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Just hoping he doesnt have a concussion at this point, but its hard to refute the evidence of it. He got smoked by Seabrook and then hit the ledge of the boards.

I would be shocked if Seabrook was part of the next two in CHI.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Is it weird I'm not concerned about the team pulling together without our captain? Us lacking some center depth does suck, but I think we are gonna put a lot into playing our best game and getting this over with.

Steen can play center but it takes a bite out of the 2nd line with whoever moves up a spot.

Im guessing Hitch will do this;

Ott-Steen-Oshie
Schwartz-Sobotka-Tarasenko

Not terrible, but not great. IMO you need to keep the 2nd line intact. Also, I nominate Super Sport Turbo as their name.

Last edited:

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I really hope we will turn around our PP play. We play hard and we get a lot of PP time. Would be very disappointing if we go down just because we cannot convert it.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Hit Toews. Hit him early, hit him hard, hit him often. Just beat the **** out of them in every facet. Also, get the PP going that could've been the difference this afternoon.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Backes came back earlier this season from a wicked head shot really quick. Maybe he doesn't get concussed easily?

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Backes came back earlier this season from a wicked head shot really quick. Maybe he doesn't get concussed easily?

He's as tough as nails but a brain injury is nothing to mess with. He was clearly concussed despite his eagerness to kill whoever he got his hands on.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The talk is that Seabrook has a phone hearing, so 5 games is the most he can get.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Agreed. They need to keep the 2nd line together. But, really because of the injuries everyone has been getting ice time on just about every line.

Is it odd I really wouldn't be that against one of Porter or Cracknell getting some top line minutes?

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
He needs to get at least 3-4, IMO.

He will get one or two.

Whats lost here is that the Blues are scoring goals. There was a time in that 2nd period when pucks were going off the post or wide or getting blocked where I felt like it was the LA series all over again. Then CHI had 3 point shots deflected into the Blues net. They cant live on that, its flukey.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Is it odd I really wouldn't be that against one of Porter or Cracknell getting some top line minutes?

Porter makes more sense with his speed and ability to dig out pucks in the corner. So, yes I agree. Cracknell is a little too slow to forecheck like Porter can.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There is hope that Brayden Schenn had a similar reaction after getting hit by Wilson and he didn't miss time.

Either way, the next time Backes is healthy against the Hawks, he is going to beat the crap out of Seabrook and any other player he can get his hands on.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
If the Blues want to win 1 of the 2 on the road, after the loss of Backes 3 players need to step up and lead the way: Alexander Steen, TJ Oshie, and Ryan Miller. We need big time performances out of those 3 in addition to the other guys keep doing what they're doing. Let's go Blues.

Oh and I hope they put the body on Toews, Kane, and Keith early and often with hard but CLEAN hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad